Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269262 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6675 on: January 06, 2012, 10:07:13 am »

I tried Garen in a coop vs ai and ended up jungling just to try it. I have mostly AP rune pages, but I have one that has some crit and cooldowns so I ended up using that and a kind of strange mastery page with enough offense points to get down to the crit ones then the rest into defense. I think overall the runes/masteries weren't really what was holding me back, but I started with EQQW (I have no idea what I'm doing with Garen, been forever since I played him), and I probably should have done QWQE since apparently W gets stacks off of jungle minions. I dunno, it wasn't terrible once I got rolling, but I could see him having a little bit of a slow start even with a fairly optimal set of runes, masteries, skills, and items.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: January 06, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »

I ended up carrying as Garen in Dominion just now, 18/9, but was forced to go bot vs their Maokai and even though I killed him twice it was a god damn struggle, with him running in and out of bushes, throwing stuff and we still lost because just when we were going to do a suprise comeback my team went to fight in the jungle and got stomped :(

And every game so far has had a feeder, leaver or retard. Every, without exception. It's mostly leavers and feeders, and just when I decide "well, maybe they/their internet is just kind of bad", and I get a speshul Ashe whose thought processes go "Hey guys I think I just saw their entire team hide in this bush, lemme facecheck to make sure!". Is it global "let's troll Crundles" day? Because that's what it feels like, and I'm getting way too mad than videogames deserve.

Also I'm still waiting for someone to help me with some Dominion Shaco information :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: January 06, 2012, 02:59:36 pm »

I tried Garen as a jungler once. He wasn't all that great early on honestly.
You didn't spin to win.

Thats because Spin-to-win is 50% less effective against minions and monsters.
Spin harder.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: January 06, 2012, 03:20:32 pm »

What information do you need? Regardless if you want to play AD or AP, he'll do the same thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----

I saw this post on Reddit about Gman Bob:
Yesterday in chat 2 people were giving him shit because he said his Support did not understand the matchup of Bottom Lane.

He gave into the trolls, and then gave a full in depth analysis of what he meant, and how his support was playing and why it was not good. He stated it because his Sona was playing really aggressively against a Cait/Soraka combo. While Bob was playing Graves/Sona Combo. The crux of the argument was Poking and trading damage with a Soraka will always end up worse off for you. Because you will always be down in Mana after healing. While this was happening they started to loose the lane and eventually Sona died.

Bob replied "And that is why you do not poke a Soraka"

I think that's wrong. It comes back to my old post about how supports must be chosen not because of matchups or whatever, but what the AD carry can handle. In this case, this wasn't a case of "never poke Soraka" but "there's no teamwork between Graves + Sona". I'll elaborate:

I'll tell you what's the most common complaint that comes from laning bot lane, especially with a stranger. "WTF IS HE DOING?!"

Tell me you haven't said that every time you go bot lane with a random. I do. That's the crux of the argument. Teamwork is the ultimate key towards winning the bottom lane. Right now champions are honestly quite balanced in the laning phase (in the bot lane) that you can choose any random support with any random AD carry and you will still have a chance of winning anything. The only difference between you and the enemy is teamwork and personal skill. Skill is something you develop by yourself, but you must sync with your teammate or you will fail.

Regardless of whether Sona was right or wrong in harassing Soraka, Gman Bob should have followed up. If you look at it from a broader perspective, what was happening was basically a teamfight where Sona was attacking 1v2 whereas Graves was standing at the back not doing anything. It doesn't matter if it was a stupid idea. If an engagement happens, you MUST commit. If it fails, it fails. It's too late to back out. If the support doesn't want to play passive, the AD carry has no choice but to be aggressive as well. Similarly, if the AD carry is going hyper aggressive... the support must do so to or the entire thing will collapse. There is practically no way to communicate otherwise because... honestly... randoms. No one has time to process rational arguments in a heated game. You just have to DO and worry about consequence later.

tl;dr: it doesn't matter "WTF IS HE DOING?!"... you HAVE to follow up or you will lose. It's way, way easier to do botlane when you're on voicecomms... but since most of us have to deal with randoms, this is something we just must deal with.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: January 06, 2012, 09:46:24 pm »

After 7 ranked victories in a row I think LoL likes me again.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:34 am »

God damnit. My normals Elo is apparently really high. I just fought a Victorious Jarvan on Twisted Treeline. No wonder I've been losing a lot recently. I know for a fact that I'm definitely not gold, especially considering I just hit level 30 a few days ago.

Everyone I'm playing with has like 500 more soloqueue wins than I do. One of them even had like 1000 more than me. Yikes. I need to lose more. I'm definitely out of my league (ha!).

EDIT: Gah, 7 or 8 game losing streak. I need a break from LoL.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:46:32 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: January 07, 2012, 04:05:06 am »

Amount of wins != skill level. Seen too many retard tryndameres with 1200 wins.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: January 07, 2012, 04:25:01 am »

Amount of wins != skill level. Seen too many retard tryndameres with 1200 wins.

Amount of wins = time spent on League of Legends.

I'm sort of assuming that that time spent was also spent becoming more experienced in LoL. I've probably gotten like 40-50 wins over the past month or so. I only really play less than three games a day. These people have invested shittons more time into this game than I have.

Although, I feel like Tryndamere is a really forgiving champion, so naturally, he'd be more attractive to the retards.
Also often called Boowells.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:14 am »

I just realized there's one advantage about playing with somebody who smacktalks the other team. It doesn't matter how poorly you perform as long as you don't end up getting involved. With the incredibly poor performance I put up in the single Twisted Treeline match I played today, I'm so glad I didn't end up being royally trolled.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: January 07, 2012, 04:58:13 am »

I just realized there's one advantage about playing with somebody who smacktalks the other team. It doesn't matter how poorly you perform as long as you don't end up getting involved. With the incredibly poor performance I put up in the single Twisted Treeline match I played today, I'm so glad I didn't end up being royally trolled.

This is true. What's even better though, is when the other team smacktalks and then ends up losing royally. It's the most satisfying thing since dubstep.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: January 07, 2012, 05:53:34 am »

This is what happens when you dick around with Cho in Co-op VS AI

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: January 07, 2012, 06:02:38 am »

Warwick, tryndamere, teemo, twitch ... typical newb/feeder champs (expect in one game, the temmo somehow got 16/6/21, otherwise I always had feeder allys/enemies)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: January 07, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »

I'm sort of assuming that that time spent was also spent becoming more experienced in LoL.

See that's your wrong assumption there. Some people do learn how to play LoL better by reflecting. Others, and this is not the clear minority, don't. They just repeat the shit they did last time over and over and over again. And then they blame the others when they lose.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:23 pm »

I saw this post on Reddit about Gman Bob:
Yesterday in chat 2 people were giving him shit because he said his Support did not understand the matchup of Bottom Lane.

He gave into the trolls, and then gave a full in depth analysis of what he meant, and how his support was playing and why it was not good. He stated it because his Sona was playing really aggressively against a Cait/Soraka combo. While Bob was playing Graves/Sona Combo. The crux of the argument was Poking and trading damage with a Soraka will always end up worse off for you. Because you will always be down in Mana after healing. While this was happening they started to loose the lane and eventually Sona died.

Bob replied "And that is why you do not poke a Soraka"

I think that's wrong. It comes back to my old post about how supports must be chosen not because of matchups or whatever, but what the AD carry can handle. In this case, this wasn't a case of "never poke Soraka" but "there's no teamwork between Graves + Sona". I'll elaborate:

I'll tell you what's the most common complaint that comes from laning bot lane, especially with a stranger. "WTF IS HE DOING?!"

Tell me you haven't said that every time you go bot lane with a random. I do. That's the crux of the argument. Teamwork is the ultimate key towards winning the bottom lane. Right now champions are honestly quite balanced in the laning phase (in the bot lane) that you can choose any random support with any random AD carry and you will still have a chance of winning anything. The only difference between you and the enemy is teamwork and personal skill. Skill is something you develop by yourself, but you must sync with your teammate or you will fail.

Regardless of whether Sona was right or wrong in harassing Soraka, Gman Bob should have followed up. If you look at it from a broader perspective, what was happening was basically a teamfight where Sona was attacking 1v2 whereas Graves was standing at the back not doing anything. It doesn't matter if it was a stupid idea. If an engagement happens, you MUST commit. If it fails, it fails. It's too late to back out. If the support doesn't want to play passive, the AD carry has no choice but to be aggressive as well. Similarly, if the AD carry is going hyper aggressive... the support must do so to or the entire thing will collapse. There is practically no way to communicate otherwise because... honestly... randoms. No one has time to process rational arguments in a heated game. You just have to DO and worry about consequence later.

tl;dr: it doesn't matter "WTF IS HE DOING?!"... you HAVE to follow up or you will lose. It's way, way easier to do botlane when you're on voicecomms... but since most of us have to deal with randoms, this is something we just must deal with.

Agreed . By the way i like to read your little "LoL lessons", it's often quite spot on and i even think that i'm playing better now thanks to those. I'm often in the bot lane, either as ad carry (tristana), or support (mostly soraka but i'm starting to play sona as well), and i can tell that synergy is very important. You can also see that in teamfights and lategame, when half the team is afraid and the other half is aggressive. It's always a disaster. Which brings me to the thing i wanted to say : Morale is the Key to victory. It doesn't matter if you're losing 10 to 30 in kills and 0 to 6 in towers, if your team isn't drowning in it's own despair and flame, you can still win. Same goes the other way. Don't think you've won until the enemy nexus is exploding.

As a team member, the first thing you can do to maintain Morale is to NOT BLAME. Don't shout at that 1/11 Vayne, don't be angry against that bad jungle warwick who always fails his ganks, when he bothers to gank at all. Even if they really are bad, they will help your victory better if they're not feeling bad about themselves. Just give them basic advice on what you think they're missing in a neutral or encouraging tone, or keep quiet, and you'll do yourself a favor.

Also i find that listening silly little songs while playing helps me enjoy the game and not sweat it when things aren't going too well.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »

I've been playing Shen as support/tank recently in solo queue, usually played Taric in ranked as support.

Any comments/feelings about Shen?

*Just finished another game as Shen.

As a tank hes awesome, as a support I saved the solo top twice and got him 2 or 3 kills in the process with my ult.
As a support, I think my Q helped people, though its a hidden benefit really. The taunting however, was extremely useful, in every teamfight everyone is attacking me, if friend is wounded i taunt enemy from chasing. It was REALLY helpful. They would try to focus the carries, but end up attacking me while they blast em away for free.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:37:56 pm by Deadmeat1471 »
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1067