Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269333 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ahri, the Nine-Tailed Fox - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6375 on: December 16, 2011, 12:27:04 pm »

I used Xerath just now. Jeeesus christ he does so much damage. I mean, I wrote a huge post about how he can do a lot of damage but goddamn... his DPS still shocks me. I'm not really sure why he isn't played more.

Though in any case, I'm still undefeated with Sivir. And our Jarvan + Taric bot lane is also undefeated. Hell, in the most recent one I d/c-ed for 5 minutes but when I came back I STILL had more farm than the enemy Trist. Then we continued to obliterate the game even though I was 3 levels under everyone. Didn't matter, Jarman is broken as hell.

Edit: I guess I should explain why I think Jarman is broken.

The thing is that he has some incredible base damages, tankiness, stats and he provides such ridiculous utility + CC to the team. His aura alone is incredible with all that bonus armour and attack speed to everyone.

But the big thing is his ultimate. You really cannot underestimate Jarman's ultimate's value in a teamfight. What it does is that it completely splits the enemy team up and it'd be equivalent to them fighting a teamfight seperated by the jungle wall. For 3 seconds they are at a tremendous disadvantage. It's the same with Anivia... except this Anivia is incredibly tanky and is smashing your carry's face in with a giant stick.

I don't generally like taking him solo top, since his damage isn't SUPER HIGH like GP nor does he have incredible lane sustain or whatever but he works very well as a jungler or duo bot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: December 16, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »

I don't know why I stopped playing him all of a sudden, probably grew bored with him or something :S

But I still have fond memories of fun stuff I did with him, like ulting a WW chasing me under my tower and flashing out with 50 hp while the tower finishes him off.

Then there are the mandatory trololo moments of trapping EVERYONE somewhere where they don't want to be X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: December 16, 2011, 01:00:56 pm »

Probably because they nerfed him so much. :P

But since they buffed his passive, he's pretty fun again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: December 16, 2011, 02:12:38 pm »

Picked up Xerath and Vayne in the 75% off sale.

Not... really sure why...

Because Vayne's radical.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:52 pm »

Here's an idea.

Xerath doesn't usually use a second summoner spell. In fact, he only uses teleport because there's nothing else for him to use. He's far too long ranged to use exhaust or ignite. The thing is you don't need teleport as mid. I usually find it kind of a waste. But what about clairvoyance?

This way support bot doesn't need to waste his slot on CV and he can take a second exhaust or ignite. And Xerath can snipe people like a boss.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

Here's an idea.

Xerath doesn't usually use a second summoner spell. In fact, he only uses teleport because there's nothing else for him to use. He's far too long ranged to use exhaust or ignite. The thing is you don't need teleport as mid. I usually find it kind of a waste. But what about clairvoyance?

This way support bot doesn't need to waste his slot on CV and he can take a second exhaust or ignite. And Xerath can snipe people like a boss.
That is surprisingly a good idea. I would never have thought of that.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:12 pm »

Here's an idea.

That is surprisingly a good idea. I would never have thought of that.

Flash is crying right now how could you abandon them like that you used them every game for months and then you just drop them off 'the list' like they're nothing it's not their fault RIP Flash never forget

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: December 16, 2011, 11:52:36 pm »

I used Xerath just now. Jeeesus christ he does so much damage. I mean, I wrote a huge post about how he can do a lot of damage but goddamn... his DPS still shocks me. I'm not really sure why he isn't played more.

Though in any case, I'm still undefeated with Sivir. And our Jarvan + Taric bot lane is also undefeated. Hell, in the most recent one I d/c-ed for 5 minutes but when I came back I STILL had more farm than the enemy Trist. Then we continued to obliterate the game even though I was 3 levels under everyone. Didn't matter, Jarman is broken as hell.

Edit: I guess I should explain why I think Jarman is broken.

The thing is that he has some incredible base damages, tankiness, stats and he provides such ridiculous utility + CC to the team. His aura alone is incredible with all that bonus armour and attack speed to everyone.

But the big thing is his ultimate. You really cannot underestimate Jarman's ultimate's value in a teamfight. What it does is that it completely splits the enemy team up and it'd be equivalent to them fighting a teamfight seperated by the jungle wall. For 3 seconds they are at a tremendous disadvantage. It's the same with Anivia... except this Anivia is incredibly tanky and is smashing your carry's face in with a giant stick.

I don't generally like taking him solo top, since his damage isn't SUPER HIGH like GP nor does he have incredible lane sustain or whatever but he works very well as a jungler or duo bot.

When I play Malzahar fighting Xerath makes me saaaad :/

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: December 17, 2011, 05:39:16 am »

Here's an idea.

You could also take Surge. If anything some extra AP are nice and it helps with tower pushing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: December 17, 2011, 08:23:47 am »

Yeah, I saw a guy utterly own the field as Xerath last night.

Overall, good productive night of gaming. Got to try several of the freebies.

Veigar = fun little bastard. With some AP and cooldown reduction, makes for an excellent harasser with Q, and a mage nuker with his ult. I'd have to play with the sound off, though -- the voiceovers are grating.
Sona = little tricky to get the hang of, but hella nice support character. 17 assists, and there's nothing more morale-killing than dying because you were being forced to do the Macarena. xD
Amumu = Surprisingly good tank. Becomes a solid pusher mid-late game with Despair aura. With sufficient mana regen items, you can leave it on all the time (and stack with a Sunfire Cape for added results). Bandage Wrap is annoying, because it frequently clips a minion just off to one side instead of your actual target. Also, died the first time I used it because I misread the description and thought it pulled them to me, not the other way around. >_<
Sivir = Oh. My. God. I bought her immediately after playing. Considering how much people were saying she was nerfed recently, I'm terrified at what she was like before. I solo'd mid like a boss, wound up with something like 15/0/4, my first match with no deaths.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: December 17, 2011, 08:33:43 am »

Yeah, I saw a guy utterly own the field as Xerath last night.

Overall, good productive night of gaming. Got to try several of the freebies.

Veigar = fun little bastard. With some AP and cooldown reduction, makes for an excellent harasser with Q, and a mage nuker with his ult. I'd have to play with the sound off, though -- the voiceovers are grating.
Sona = little tricky to get the hang of, but hella nice support character. 17 assists, and there's nothing more morale-killing than dying because you were being forced to do the Macarena. xD
Amumu = Surprisingly good tank. Becomes a solid pusher mid-late game with Despair aura. With sufficient mana regen items, you can leave it on all the time (and stack with a Sunfire Cape for added results). Bandage Wrap is annoying, because it frequently clips a minion just off to one side instead of your actual target. Also, died the first time I used it because I misread the description and thought it pulled them to me, not the other way around. >_<
Sivir = Oh. My. God. I bought her immediately after playing. Considering how much people were saying she was nerfed recently, I'm terrified at what she was like before. I solo'd mid like a boss, wound up with something like 15/0/4, my first match with no deaths.
No, but if the tables were turned, I'd show NO MERCY! :3

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: December 17, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

sivir got, changed, not nerfed.

Now she has enough movespeed to chase the fastest of champs, and her E is burst damage.

So much rediculous movespeed, to think she traded her mega-massacre boomerang blade for chasing and running like vayne and mf.

But better.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: December 17, 2011, 11:01:18 am »

Can't win games on Dominion, no matter how hard I own.

OH WELL, I GUESS IT'S TIME TO PLAY JARVAN.

Yay, FWOTD. Back to Skyrim!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: December 17, 2011, 11:23:03 am »

Sivir got buffed! D=

The only thing that got nerfed was her ultimate. Even old Sivir couldn't nuke creep waves in 0.1 seconds. This one can, it's crazy. There is no champion in the game right now that can instakill creep waves as fast as Sivir. I like how they were going, "Sivir's such a ridiculous backdoor champ... you leave her alone in a lane and it's basically free towers. We should stop that kind of gameplay."

So they make her backdooring skills even stronger.

Logic!!!!

Well, not that I'm complaining hahahaha!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: December 17, 2011, 11:58:33 am »

They were concerned she had like 50x the dps of other characters.

so they took it down to 10x, (but burst damage)
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 1067