Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269582 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #6000 on: December 01, 2011, 11:22:54 pm »

So, any reliable counters for Volibear? He's being a serious pain in the ass.

EDIT: Honestly, it seems like he's definitely OP now that I'm looking at his stats. His abilities have good synergy, Singed-like survivability, but he's in the jungle, meaning that he has none of Singed's early game terribleness.

Apparently he's also a really good solo top.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:42 pm »

On Volibear:

(Innate): When Volibear's health drops below 30% of his maximum health, he will heal for 30% of his maximum health over the next 6 seconds.
CD: 120 seconds
Dr. Mundo regenerates 40%/55%/70% of his maximum health over 12 seconds. Additionally, he gains 15%/25%/35% movement speed for the duration.
Cost: 20% of current health.
CD: 75 seconds

(Active): For the next 4 seconds, Volibear will gain 45% movement speed if he is moving towards a nearby visible enemy champion. Additionally, Volibear's next autoattack during this time will deal 25/50/75/100/125 + 1*AD physical damage and will fling the target behind him.
Cost: 40 mana
CD: 12/11/10/9/8
Garen gains 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% movement speed for 4 seconds, in addition his next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal 30/45/60/75/90 + 1.4*AD physical damage and silence its target for 2.5 seconds.
CD: 12/11/10/9/8
Flings an enemy behind Singed, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 + 1*AP magic damage to it.
Cost: 100/110/120/130/140
CD: 10 Seconds

(Passive): Volibear temporarily gains 8%/11%/14%/17%/20% bonus attack speed after an autoattack. This bonus stacks up to 3 times and lasts for 4 seconds.
(Passive): Jax's basic attacks increase his attack speed 6%/10%/14% for 2.5 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 10 times. Additionally, every third consecutive attack will deal 140/170/210 + .7*AP bonus magic damage.

(Active): While Volibear has 3 stacks of Frenzy, he can activate this ability to bite a target enemy. The stacks won't be consumed. The bite will deal physical damage that scales with his own bonus health (90/140/190/240/290 + 20% Bonus HP). This damage will in turn be increased by 1% for every 1% of the target's missing health.
CD: 18 seconds
(Active): For 6 seconds, Olaf's attack damage is increased by 7/14/21/28/35 and 1% of his maximum health. He also gains 9%/12%/15%/18%/21% lifesteal and spell vamp.
Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana
CD: 12 Seconds
(Active): Garen brings down Demacian Justice on his opponent, dealing 175/350/525 magic damage, plus additional magic damage per amount of health his opponent has already lost (1 damage per 2.5 HP).
CD: 140/120/100 seconds

(Active): Volibear lets out a powerful roar that deals 60/95/130/165/200 + .6*AP magic damage and slows nearby enemies 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% for 3 seconds. Minions and monsters are feared for the duration as well.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
CD: 11 Seconds
(Active): Nunu throws a ball of ice at an enemy unit, dealing 85/130/175/225/275 + 1*AP magic damage and slowing their movement speed by 20/30/40/50/60 percent and attack speed by 25% for 4 seconds.
Cost: 75/85/95/105/115
CD: 6 seconds
Going to skip the Fiddles Fear comparison since it's minions-only, even though that's very important.

(Active): For the next 12 seconds, Volibear's autoattacks will blast his targets with lightning that will bounce to up to 3 nearby enemies. Each bolt of lighting will deal 75/115/155 + .3*AP magic damage and will only hit each target once.
Cost: 100 mana
CD: 100/90/80 seconds
(Active): Sivir’s next autoattack deals 20/35/50/65/80 additional physical damage and bounces to 5 additional targets, dealing 25% reduced damage to the additional targets. (only the first hit procs item effects).
CD: 7/6/5/4/3 seconds

Soooooo yeah.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:38:08 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:53 pm »

A fairly well rounded and balanced champion some might say.

Specifically, volibear players

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: December 02, 2011, 12:30:49 am »

I have yet to meet a Volibear that can beat Sivir.

Volibear is a burst champion that does misleading amounts of damage. What I currently see is a burst tanky champion that wants to be a DPS, and manages to fool everyone about his damage output because his W allows him to KS so easily. So people (and Volibear players) might see Volibear going 11 kills and 3 deaths but they don't realize that it isn't Volibear that's actually the threat on the team, but actually the Kog'Maw who never got any of the last hits because of that W.

It's the same thing with Garen. Garen might be going 10 kills ahead but that's no reason to focus him at all. At no point in the game would it be wise to focus Garen regardless of how many kills he stole rightfully obtained through clever tactical planning. That's because Garen is the same, a burst, tanky champion that does misleading damage allowing him to killsteal easily. By the time you kill him, he's already used his combo and you wasted all that time and effort. What's the point?

Yes yes I know, he has two skills that make it seem like he's capable of DPS. His ult and his passive W. But these aren't exactly super high damage skills. Practically speaking, they output the same level of threat as Singed's poison trail. It's significant, but not significant enough to warrant you chasing Singed around the map to end his "EPIC DEEPS".

So, tl;dr: Treat him like Garen. Ignore and kill last. Use positioning, kiting, heals, CC, and lifesteal to ruin his day.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:17 am »

So, tl;dr: Treat him like Garen. Ignore and kill last. Use positioning, kiting, heals, CC, and lifesteal to ruin his day.

Argh. So basically, he's another pubstomper? God damnit. Now I really need to start playing premades. The thing that annoys me most is that he requires more effort to stop him than it does for him to get rolling.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: December 02, 2011, 01:17:23 am »

Summary of Pandarsenic's post:

Volibear's passive is like mundo's ult but worse
Volibear's Q is like Garen's silence except it doesn't scale and can't be used to escape, but has a fling
Volibear's Q is better than Singed's fling
The passive on Volibear's W is way worse than Jax's ult
The active on Volibear's W is really OP
Volibear's E is like Nunu's slow except shorter range, single target, slower at low levels but less of a slow at high levels, costs less mana, has double the cooldown, is AOE versus not AOE, and honestly isn't anywhere near similar enough for comparison
Volibear's ult is way better than Sivir's ricochet (whoa that's ridiculous there, an ult that's better than a non-ult)

Also, single-ability comparisons are really, really stupid. Talon's passive is significantly worse than corki's 100% of the time, but guess how that affects the total viability of the champions?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: December 02, 2011, 02:04:03 am »

Argh. So basically, he's another pubstomper? God damnit. Now I really need to start playing premades. The thing that annoys me most is that he requires more effort to stop him than it does for him to get rolling.
It's not too bad. You'll get used to kiting and positioning with time. :P

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: December 02, 2011, 02:15:34 am »

It's not too bad. You'll get used to kiting and positioning with time. :P

The problem is when he comes out of the jungle and starts beating the shit out of your overextended teammates, then becomes SO TANKY that he's almost literally invulnerable to turrets and yet can still beat the shit out of your teammates in the same moment. One of the last games I fought with him, he took Ashe from 100% to 0% all under a turret. The only reason I didn't die more often to him was because I was Singed. He tanked tower shots for ridiculous amounts of time all while under the influence of poison trail, which did around 100 damage per second. (I only had enough time to farm up a RoA and Rylai's)

Also, I just played another game with Jarvan IV. I love the guy to death, but christ, does he have a boring laning phase. Yelling "DEMACIA!" at Garen after you just barely nail him with a thrown lance has its merits.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: December 02, 2011, 03:03:38 am »

Everyone can take Ashe from 100% to 0% under a turret. It's Ashe's thing. Dying. She shares this hobby with Heimerdinger.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: December 02, 2011, 03:41:38 am »

She has her own varient of the teemo taunt

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: December 02, 2011, 05:01:58 am »

Summary of Pandarsenic's post:

Volibear's passive is like mundo's ult but free and as his passive
Volibear's Q is better than Singed's fling, has a solid AD ratio since it acts as an autoattack enhancer, and gives a better movespeed 'roid than Garen's Q.
The passive on Volibear's W is of only slightly lower quality to the passive of Jax's ult until level 16, when Jax gets level 3 of his ult (Volibear probably going QWEWWRWEW, maxing it at 9ish)
The active on Volibear's W is around 10 autoattacks by Olaf, but boosted percent-based in a Garen Ult manner
Volibear's E is an AOE with a fixed 3-second duration CC and strong level 1 numbers on its slow, functioning at least as strongly as Nunu's for several levels but being strong enough to be useful even as a one-point wonder.r
Volibear's ult is not better than Sivir's ricochet except in mana management because he isn't Sivir. Also, no AD scaling.
ftfy
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:13 am »

When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: December 02, 2011, 06:38:18 am »

... Wait a second. Shouldn't Ashe be one of the better champions against Volibear since he's supposed to be weak to kiting? Just frost arrow him as you back off, right? :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: December 02, 2011, 07:06:05 am »

... Wait a second. Shouldn't Ashe be one of the better champions against Volibear since he's supposed to be weak to kiting? Just frost arrow him as you back off, right? :I

Yeah, least I think so. I've done it with Ashe before, granted, my team pounced on him after a little bit of kiting and an Ashe ULT. I've also taken down Volibear with Wukong. No idea HOW I did it, especially with an AD CASTER, but it included a Frozen Mallet, Madred's and a BUTTLOAD of armor. Was starting to build tanky before Volibear facerolled bottom lane. Thought we were going to lose, but NOPE. Messed up Volibear's movement speed after one auto attack and then just kept smacking him as he crawled back to base. Team came about ten seconds later and insta-gibbed what was left of his 15% HP.

You can take him out with fairly tanky champions and some sort of CC. Doesn't have to be a hard CC either. Just make sure his passive isn't up, on cooldown, and proceed with kicking his butt.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:09:28 am by xDarkz »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6014 on: December 02, 2011, 08:53:53 am »

About the Archangel's Staff thing:

Quote from: League of Legends Wiki
The ability power per mana passive is not unique. As such, with 6 Staves, it is possible to reach 18% mana conversion, for a grand total of 1 ability power every ~6 mana. This makes 5 Archangel's Staffs and a  Rabadon's Deathcap the highest ability power build currently possible in the game.

So yeah, thats why Karthus and Heimerdinger tend to stack these.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1067