Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275253 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 05:39:40 pm »

Duke Reynington on both EU and NA servers, and I'm on NA servers more (despite my actual geographical location), as I play with some Internet Friends most of them time. Play mostly Lux, Mundo and Singed. Play occasionally Morganna, Nasus and Ashe.

Bordellimes, still looking for a troll build?

If Vlad was available, I'd suggest Boots of Speed and as many Wormorgs as you can get. Not really viable, but as funny as hell. Sanguine pool will do over 1000 damage, and you'll have a load of AP simply from being a big sack o'health.

Alternatively, Movement Speed Singed is a hilarious thing, if largely ineffectual a doing much besides catching people and throwing them to the wolves.

I don't own Vlad, and frankly I haven't even played a single game as him. Not once.
Does that mean I won't play him if I can? Fuck, no. Once he is free I shall try WARMOGWARMOGWARMOGWARMOG-Vladimir. It shall be great. (fucking FABULOUS)

And yeah, as long as you have a build that differs from normal gameplay (AP GP is fun and works, AP Trynd isn't as effective but fucking tons of fun [especially to solo baron]) but still works (AP Olaf won't work. Olaf doesn't scale with AP in any way.)

My playstyle earlier when I started LoL was that I usually played a single champ such as Fiddle, GP or Karthus, and I played them a lot. Nowadays I play whoever I feel like playing. And whichever way I feel like playing (call me a hipster if you want, but I usually don't enjoy playing the "mainstream" champs with their "mainstream" builds.)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 05:41:11 pm »

I just played my First Game of Twisted Treeline, and they Had five kills over us while we had two tower kills over them.

And then our Fed Garen Left.

We lost, But not without me getting 8 kills from general Enemy Overconfidence (No Maokai, you cannot tank the spawn turret.)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »

I'M ON THE FUCKING LIST!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »

Alternatively, Movement Speed Singed is a hilarious thing, if largely ineffectual a doing much besides catching people and throwing them to the wolves.

That's legit.

God yes. Just won't be doing much else.

I hit movement speed 700+ with Ghost and my ult up. I ran a lap of the enemy base while my team pushed a lane.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2011, 06:57:36 pm »

Well I didn't know I was on the Riot forums.

At any rate, Taric and Xin Zhao in a lane are unstoppable and I'm expecting a Vayne nerf soon.

Built in true damage madreds, god damn.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2011, 07:36:14 pm »

The first few games I fought her she seemed horribly broken.

After a few more games I've realized she's not too bad to face. If you let her continually DPS you then yeah, it's painful, but she's honestly very squishy and doesn't naturally kite after her initial combo of tumble + knockback.

The only thing they need to touch on her is the silver bullet damage imo. Maybe reduce it to 5% from 8% or something. But then again she's still brand new, there's still time for revolutionary rape builds to be found.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »

Yeah, she's uber squishy. But she's seriously hard to catch. Especially with her pocket stealth thing. In the jungle it's brutal as she basically disappears.

Not the most broken character, but she's quite horrible to fight.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

Her tumble gives her tons of damage and chasing potential, its pretty hard to counter as a melee character. Silver bullet is also pretty strong, plus she has a poppy style damaging stun, except it pull her away from danger. Chasing her is really hard.

The best counter I've found for her so far is burst damage or messing up her early game. Like alot of assassins, she doesnt do much if you fuck up their early game, but still does more then old ranged carries in the same situation.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:50 pm »

She is exceptional against melee dps. I would say she's probably the only squishy character that prefers to fight melee dps. What does it matter if Jax or Irelia and close the gap once if you can push them away again?

Whenever I try to kill her, I usually find myself using not only whatever inbuilt gap closer I have, but also one or two of my summoner spells. It's really harsh. If I still can't kill her in time after that, she'll tumble and impale me again. Brutal. Worse than chasing Nidalee or Gragas honestly.

But like Dakk said, mages usually wreck her face.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »

Oh, more unusual builds:

Rylai's scepter on Mundo. Doesn't mater what the rest of the build is, Rylai's is hilarious. Cleaver now slows even more, but more importantly, so does his ring of fire. Ain't nobody going to escape you, ever.

AP Amumu. Won't be very tanky, but things will melt. And, if they default to "Don't focus the tank", you'll do a fair amount of damage before being taken down in teamfights, if at all. Admittedly, you need a lot of AP to make tears do a lot of damage per second (100AP for every extra 1%), but if a teamfight lasts longer than, say, 30 seconds and you're still alive? You'd have taken at lot of health from them. Get a source of spellvamp for kicks and not-dying powers.

Also, for more silliness: try this. You're unlikely to get something that works, but if you don't really care about that?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »

I build Rylai's on Mundo when facing a team with lots of escape mechanisms.  If I'm surviving alright but nobody on my team can get kills, it turns things right around.  And it also makes it very very very difficult for melee dps to chase you.  In fact, you can cover a retreat for your entire team with it in the right circumstances.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »

@Umiman: Aye, fighting her with melee DPS is a huge pain. I was in a game with yoda, in a bottom lane with a teemo as jarvan. Early game her harassment was pretty harsh, but thankfuly teemo could counter harass when she got close to do it, and she had to overextend a bit to hit me, causing her to take a dragonstrike to the face everytime. We won the lane because me and teemo could harass kat and vayne harder then they could harass us. Her squishyness means she'll be at risk everytime she tries to harass someone. In consequence of this, her endgame was pretty bad.

I took a few conclusions out of this:

1-While she's pretty hard to duel, but she's sorta bad in dual lanes. She can only target once person at a time, and due to being squishy as hell, she risks herself alot when she goes in to harass, because she can get counter harassed pretty bad. While being jarvan meant I wasn't helpless against her, her mobility is just far superior, but she still got a dragonstrike and a teemo dart on her everytime, and there was nothing kat could do about it. Eventualy she had to play defensive because she just couldn't avoid the damage like she can in a 1v1.

2-She does pretty bad if you mess up her early game. Due to my level 5 dragonstrike taking 1/4 of her health on every hit, teemo's darts and mushrooms and the fact she was underfarmed, there was nothing she could do but sit in lane waiting for their jungler to try a gank. She then just died or ran away when teamfights started due to yoda's mord flailing AoE around and ignoring her mobility, my dragonstrike hitting her through her team, nocturne jumping on her, etc.

She's much easier to counter in lane then in mid, unless you're full melee and your mid is like, Zilean or someone else who can pull off easy long range damage, which most mages do, meaning Umiman is right and mages can really ruin her day.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2011, 10:03:51 pm »

-Evidence based argument-

You can take the penguin out of the Mafia, but you can't take the Mafia out of the penguin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2011, 01:47:29 am »

hilarious b12 games tonight, i was highly amused.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1067