Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269697 times)

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #5925 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:49 pm »

I might not be the expert on jungle, but I usually go:

wolves->wraith(smite)->double golem->base
blue(smite) ->wolves -> wraiths -> red (smite) -> double golem
GANK!

with gangplank. I'm not actually why you want to start with blue unless you are super reliant on it. I don't get significant faster levelling with a blue start, and by doing it the above way, I can more easily fit a gank in between if needed.

Though nowadays I usually jungle with Ree, and I follow the same route, but he doesn't care and I can do whatever and abort whenever when a gank is needed.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: November 29, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »

Heh, Wash, you sure do love Shyvana don't ya?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: November 29, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »

Why are you using the old jungle patterns when the entire thing has been changed up completely?

I can tell you right now that the old standard you're using is completely crap in this version. Seriously. You only reach level 3... and you barely have any gold. It's pathetic. Some new routes need to be found. Hell, I just used Warwick (extremely shitty animations version) to fight against bots. I had 11 kills no deaths and perfect jungle clears. My level? Only slightly higher than the duo bot lane. BOTS. The bots that don't even get cheats!

=|

I certainly hope no one is planning to play carry-type junglers any more.

Edit: Also, red buff procs on spells now.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:31 pm »

Ah, I think I need glasses. I didn't catch that you guys got the patch already. On EU-west, just came from a game in the old jungle. Still not used to the patch-speed of LoL. Can't keep up.. lol.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: November 29, 2011, 06:42:12 pm »

Why are you using the old jungle patterns when the entire thing has been changed up completely?

I can tell you right now that the old standard you're using is completely crap in this version. Seriously. You only reach level 3... and you barely have any gold. It's pathetic. Some new routes need to be found. Hell, I just used Warwick (extremely shitty animations version) to fight against bots. I had 11 kills no deaths and perfect jungle clears. My level? Only slightly higher than the duo bot lane. BOTS. The bots that don't even get cheats!

=|

I certainly hope no one is planning to play carry-type junglers any more.

Edit: Also, red buff procs on spells now.
So many things to say wut to!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: November 29, 2011, 06:49:41 pm »

Yep, I'm pretty disappointed, and I think people like Saint will be too as we like to be able to carry from the jungle. People who play like Oddone, who are there for support and disruption, probably not so much.

You'd "probably" still need a jungle... probably... but I'm not sure if a freefarming jungle is the way to go any more. Hell, I think you'd be better off roaming.

Edit: Okay, I just tried a few more times to see if I can even enjoy it. Nooope. I won't bore you with the 5 different methods I employed, but the end result is this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit edit: Or we could do this:

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:45 pm »

Edit edit: Or we could do this:

That sounds quite a bit like an idea i've been kicking around:  1-1-1 with 2 duelist junglers splitting the entire map's jungle on either side of the middle lane.  They would ostensibly be lane partners with top and bottom but would be positioned to gank mid, and control/steal buffs/dragon.  They would take turns counter jungling the enemy jungle(if they have one), which would starve the enemy jungler to the point of being unable to defend their own jungle. 

Would require heavy ward investment.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

Can anyone let me know if a Malzahar with red applies it to everyone on his Null Zone? Because if so, I foresee nerfs and really need my net back before this happens.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: November 29, 2011, 07:50:29 pm »

Red only works with direct damage spells, no AOEs. Annie fireball, yes. Annie cone-o-flame/Tibbers, no. Malz Null zone, no, but I dunno about his jumpy DoT. My understanding is that basically if it gets the full benefit of the single target slow from Rylai's it applies red buff.

Edit: Also, JungleKarma on the new jungle is ridiculously easy. Like, full clear with an amplifying tome and one potion and I finished with more than half health. Level 4 a smidge before 4 minutes. Not fast by any means, but she was never optimal.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:53:12 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: November 29, 2011, 07:52:15 pm »

Red only works with direct damage spells, no AOEs. Annie fireball, yes. Annie cone-o-flame/Tibbers, no. Malz Null zone, no, but I dunno about his jumpy DoT. My understanding is that basically if it gets the full benefit of the single target slow from Rylai's it applies red buff.
^^^ This

It's not particularly massive though. If that spell already applied a slow, you wouldn't even notice the difference.

But you could give red buff to Vlad so he doesn't need to buy Rylai and make him obscene. Don't make him jungle though, unless you enjoy looking at a Vlad that has 1900 gold and is level 7 at 10 minutes... (less than support with gp/10 items).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:39 pm »

Hmm... what about Brand's targeted thing? And its boosted variant that jumps to all nearby targets? Or, oh heavens, his ult?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:04 pm »

I'm not going to jungle any more until some buffs come. Seriously, I'm only going to top and mid from now on. It might seem premature but that's how horrible the new jungle feels like. It feels terrible, disgusting, and completely unrewarding.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: November 29, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

I'm not going to jungle any more until some buffs come. Seriously, I'm only going to top and mid from now on. It might seem premature but that's how horrible the new jungle feels like. It feels terrible, disgusting, and completely unrewarding.

Yeah... I feel sort of similar.

Pre level 3 it feels terrible at least. Post level 3 I start being at higher health than normal, and then after 5 or 6 minutes you start getting a little bit more gold than usual. But early game jungling is just not fun anymore.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: November 29, 2011, 10:02:59 pm »

Hmm... what about Brand's targeted thing? And its boosted variant that jumps to all nearby targets? Or, oh heavens, his ult?
I believe that counts as multi-target? Who knows. Best way to find out is to test it.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: November 29, 2011, 11:24:17 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1067