Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273167 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5505 on: November 16, 2011, 02:24:36 am »

I just tested it. Yes... it's true... it's also true that if 5 people took it, everyone would heal for 2000hp...

@.@

Edit: With 0-22-8, starting with boots and movespeed quints, I was running around with 400 movespeed at level 1 hahaha.

Edit edit: Oh god, promote also so good... and surge too... Jesus... so many good summoners. The only thing I know I'm not going to bother with is flash.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: November 16, 2011, 03:04:14 am »

I just tested it. Yes... it's true... it's also true that if 5 people took it, everyone would heal for 2000hp...

@.@

Edit: With 0-22-8, starting with boots and movespeed quints, I was running around with 400 movespeed at level 1 hahaha.

Edit edit: Oh god, promote also so good... and surge too... Jesus... so many good summoners. The only thing I know I'm not going to bother with is flash.
Does Heal still make it so you heal 50% less from subsequent healing?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: November 16, 2011, 05:33:58 am »

Not that I know of.

The cooldown is still pretty damn long though, so I guess it could probably be balanced around that aspect. It's also really shitty for offensive actions (like towerdiving or ganking), which will probably hinder the use quite a bit.

For example, if I were playing Olaf solo top. If I only have two summoners, and one of them is heal, you can bet I'll be very bad at killing people. This is because Olaf is stupidly dependant on his summoners to kill enemies (his CC is crap after all and he has no gap closer). If he doesn't have ghost or exhaust or ignite, all Olaf will be able to do is bring enemies really low and watch them escape. So champions like Olaf probably won't take heal even though it's basically two Soraka ultimates (double heal, double cooldown).

But you take a champion that doesn't really care about their summoners... oh man... now wonders will happen. Janna with this new heal? Godmode. Soraka!? Lololol I heal my team for 1000hp by myself trolololol. Especially since flash is kinda shitty for them now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:32 am »

This is pure theory since I haven't been able to test out the new patch, but I think that last offense tree mastery will impact Panth much more than Garen, you know, enemy below 15%, you always crit and now you do some more damage with it, then you get Infinity edge, and that 10% extra crit damage mastery and you've got yourself a 3 second cooldown 1k damage nuke, can't wait to test it out :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: November 16, 2011, 07:57:14 am »

It's like a mastery made for critplank. No more "Arrrg I would of had him if I got the crit!" moments.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: November 16, 2011, 08:02:02 am »

However, it makes pushers like Master Yi and Sivir extremely strong, because now they get a free superminion to tank tower aggro while they rape the tower.
Rape is too weak a word. "Anally violate with extreme predjudice" might be more accurate.

Took Master Yi out for a spin vs AI last night. Got him up to around lvl 10 or so, with some attack speed and damage items (and masteries and runes). He was doing about 110 base damage, attack speed about 1.3. Slide on up to a tower, pop Surge and Highlander and the Wuju Style toggle...

...206 base damage, attack speed of 2.34. :o
And I had Demolitionist mastery. So my DPS was roughly 482/s? Add in the Demo bonus and it's over 500/s against towers.

And I wasn't even fully fed yet. I was using the same combo on enemy champs to core right through them. I had a Youmuu's Ghostblade...didn't even think until later that I could have triggered the active on that too (dunno if it stacks....if it does, then I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: November 16, 2011, 08:51:58 am »

Just scored a victory on Dominion.. In five minutes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: November 16, 2011, 09:37:35 am »

Mrm... these new masteries are really confusing me.

Offensive tree:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Utility tree:

Defense tree:

What are the implications? I dunno. I really can't say. Everything's been buffed. Some more than others. I think the biggest change will be that newbies will get even more roflstomped if they get matched up against level 30s.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: November 16, 2011, 09:47:24 am »

I also noticed that mages get gypped on the Offense tree. I mean, why, oh why, is Spell Vamp in the Utility tree?! AND it's so high up! You can't really reach it, because getting it would involve sacrificing the Offense masteries. And the Offense ones are pretty nice, compared to... anything else a mage might want. So, who ends up grabbing Spell Vamp?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: November 16, 2011, 09:52:24 am »

I agree in general Umi, I did a 0/21/9 Karma game yesterday and was wayyyy more tanky than I expected. I'm kind of having a hard time justifying the other two trees to myself :P (not actually, but it's pretty close). A couple comments I've found about the gold and experience masteries, though: the experience per kill one is roughly equivalent to Awareness (the % bonus exp one) for an average game (possibly better if you're going to be around for a lot of kills/assists) and the gold ones are actually worth more per point (in a converting-stats-to-gold way) than most of the other masteries, it's just that they give you the gold over time instead of giving it to you as bonus stats at the beginning of the game.

And yeah, masteries definitely feel like they have more of an impact now than they did, but I guess that means newbies will feel them more when they level up, too, which is always nice. It'll just suck if they get matched up against 30s.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

I would think the ELO system would minimize that happening, at least after the outset. And the buffed masteries make the system even more self-correcting by inherently boosting high lvl players up the ranks and keeping low level players out of the top tier.

I suppose you could still have a really good low lvl player climbing into a higher ELO bracket by virtue of skill (before being crushed by mastery-laden opponents) and/or a really bad but prodigious player who got to lvl 30 by the sheer number of matches they've sucked in who would sink down into the ranks of the newbs, then own them with his many, many mastery points.

So yeah, it may be kind of institutionalizing the dominance of high level players, but that's not that bad of a thing or uncommon in MMOG's. A lvl 1 with skill still has a lot more of a fighting chance against a lvl 30 in LoL than on WoW.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:19 am »

Elo system is broken, guy looked up all  his allies and enemies stats and found that every one of the enemies had a higher number of games, w/l ratios, and I beleive even k/d ratios. It showed the huge difference in experience between the 2 groups.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5517 on: November 16, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

Man, Skarner is awesome on Dominion. Shield always up never die, get everywhere whenever want, enemies that try to towerdive get ulted and raped by Q and tower hits.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: November 16, 2011, 03:23:57 pm »

then there's the utility tree. Out of all of them, I currently feel like this one is the weakest. I don't like the entire first level of it; the most important in my mind. This is because if you're planning to split up your mastery focus and you want to get some of the nice stuff in the lower levels of the utility tree, you have to deal with all the junk that comes before it. In the old tree there was the awesome health and mana regen one. So it feels really inefficient right now. Especially if you're someone who doesn't use mana.

What, no. The old health and mana regen mastery was absolutely terrible. Like, you had to have 25 regen per 5 seconds for it to make a 1 per 5 difference. So early game, you ended up probably getting an extra 4 HP/MP per minute or something. And late game, regen doesn't matter as much. I always got reduced death time on every single person, no matter what. Even though the reduced death time one was pretty mediocre.

Elo system is broken, guy looked up all  his allies and enemies stats and found that every one of the enemies had a higher number of games, w/l ratios, and I beleive even k/d ratios. It showed the huge difference in experience between the 2 groups.

1) That's one game. Outliers exist.
2) Additionally, that data still has little information on how good his opponents were. There are people with over a thousand games that are horrible players, so number of games is a bad measure of skill. Kill/death ratios also have no relevance either, for reference see the countless people who go 7/2 every game as leblanc and still lose because they're bad at leading their team and carrying. Win/loss ratio is more difficult to talk about without context, unfortunately. But it's not a perfect measurement either.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »

The new mana/level mastery arguably is far more useful than the old regen boost mastery. Casters like it, but anything that scales off mana will really get their money's worth out of it.

The problem with Utility is that Wealth is a little hard to reach and the tree generally doesn't have much good stuff, you get a lot of the mileage out of the first two tiers w/ 2% MS and 216 Mana at 18 plus your choice of enhanced recall or Utility Mastery. Then you can slap on 20% buff duration and call it a day.

It's quite okay in the first three tiers but just drops harshly after that. 6% CDR is nice, but Defense has the same, earlier, and better in late game. And 9% Regen boost doesn't cut it either. The Spell Vamp is too low as well and a bit misplaced too.

Offense could be a better investment for APs. Double the first tier mastery's effectivity and boost up some other mastery later on/move spell vamp here and you can call it a day.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1067