Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272528 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #5100 on: October 30, 2011, 10:32:34 pm »

I know smite still does, which is handy for running away and saving yourself by smiting a neutral creep

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: October 31, 2011, 12:01:07 am »

I just had one of these hilarious comeback victories in dominion, first our Talon was d/c for the first 5 minutes, we went down to 50 / 450 something, and then it was like magic, we got 3 turrets, held them, and kept laying siege on their 2 turrets, until we eventually won with all 5 turrets under our control. I was playing Zilean and i think i was just very lucky because i managed impossible saves, crazy races against rammus and whatnot... it's like i was always at the right place at the right time with the right skill off cooldown.

Before, i used to play Ryze, but Zilean is my new dominion favorite !

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:16 am »

Rumble is a beast, I feel like I'm playing Akali without feeling like I'm cheating. Rush Rylai's and I'm 5+ kills by twelve minutes, if I do it right.

If any of you guys want to play my s/n is Stealtharcadia
Yeah yeah yeah!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: October 31, 2011, 04:08:42 am »

Is Olaf B12's new favorite or something? I've picked him up recently and have been jungling with him. Just straight tank with Atma's and Wriggle's for damage seems to work really well. His low-health jungle doesn't make for spectacularly early ganks, but when I get around to it after my second run I usually get a double kill.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: October 31, 2011, 06:25:46 am »

I am the grandmaster of theorycrafting on these forums.

I discover / steal awesome builds and try to force people to use them with a combination of hyperbole, analogies, and truthism. It's also not too weird for people to start fawning over a champion that's going to be significantly buffed.

Also, don't jungle with him. Go solo top. Unless the upcoming buffs are extremely gamechanging (like giving a certain pirate a passive 35% slow on everything... Oh man what the bloody hell were they thinking back then...), chances are he's still going to be outclassed by the current top three superjunglers: Lee Sin, Nocturne, Gangplank.

*sniff* I miss when the old school junglers were relevant.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: October 31, 2011, 06:53:22 am »

got any build on xin zhao? :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: October 31, 2011, 07:12:09 am »

Yes. If you search Umiman Xin Zhao for this thread you should find lots. I can give a quick few:

All of them skill the same: Max E first, Q second. W last. If you want first blood take Q first.

1. Anti-AD carry = Grab armor runes, 0  21 9 masteries, take Doran's Shield / Cloth armor + 5 pots. Flash + Exhaust. Just farm until level 4. Then first blood whoever. Get second blood at level 6. Build is Wriggles -> Merc / Ninja -> Triforce -> 3 tank items.

2. Solo top = Take standard jungle runepage. 21 0 9. Ghost + Flash. First item depends on enemy. Doran's Blade if fighting a shitty level 1 champion like Vlad or Morde. Cloth Armor vs Garen / Urgot. Etc. etc. Boots + 3 pots if you have no clue. Itembuild can either be the same as #1, or if you have enough farm, you can do the following: Black Cleaver -> Tanky item -> Wits End / Bloodrazor -> Tanky item -> Triforce -> Tanky item.

3. Jungle = Don't.

Remember that Xin Zhao doesn't actually scale at all other than with AP... so it's not really worth it to build straight up damage items on him. Most of his damage comes from his base damage so you're gonna want some attack speed then go tanky as hell. Don't buy Ghostblade as it gives so much stats you don't need (e.g: crit chance, cdr). Black Cleaver is more cost effective for him. Triforce is a different matter, because you get that since a champion only has 6 item slots and Triforce is basically 3 great items combined to save item space.

I guess you could go Atmogs -> Triforce too. Works on everyone.

P.s: His ult is kinda shitty right now. Don't worry about using it just for the MR and Armor since the damage is quite pitiful. Also, any instance where you can use it on 5 enemies for the full effect = you dead in the next second. So don't bother about that either. Use it whenever.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:24 am »

Now I just need to learn how the item tree thing works. I've been focusing on attack speed and life drain items, and it's worked well for me (usually playing Master Yi).
Master Yi Pro Build:
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer.

Here's my build, however:
Phantom Dancer
Beserker Greaves
Infinity Edge
Blood Thirster
Frozen Hammer
Atma's

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:48 am »

So "stop feeding you ****ing noob" is just a traditional friendly greeting between team members right?

Cause I seem to get it after....y'know, my FIRST death.  >:(

Seems to be no end of people bitching about everyone else on their team, even when my final ratio was 5/8/3 (and over half of those deaths were from going toe-to-toe with Master Yi against Master Yi...only he had a couple of levels on me and could out-DPS me like a boss, even with Wuju Style engaged and my ult active). Was kind of amusing, actually--we'd both go Highlander and Wuju at the same time and just proceed to whack the hell out of each other.

I seem to have settled into a preferred role of turret-breaker. Once I get up to lvl 8 or so and get my ult and my damage up, I make my way with a batch of minions to the nearest enemy turret, go hyper-ninja and proceed to whackity-whackity-whackity the turret down in a matter of seconds.

Depends, is that first death before the minions spawn?
I'm a noob, but I'm not THAT noob.  ::)

Okay...did some reading, figured out the way the item tree works. That explains why some items would replace others I had. At first I though it was "one weapon, one armor, one shield, etc" (like Demigod). Now I see the error of my ways. And yes, Phantom Dancer would appear to be a key item for my build design. High attack speed + lifesteal is a winning combination. Crit boost is just gravy. Had one the other night where I was farming whole minion waves solo and decimating them in seconds, all the while healing myself faster than they could hurt me. I used the same design philosophy in Diablo 2 to great effect as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:31:20 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: October 31, 2011, 08:36:52 am »

So "stop feeding you ****ing noob" is just a traditional friendly greeting between team members right?

Cause I seem to get it after....y'know, my FIRST death.  >:(

Seems to be no end of people bitching about everyone else on their team, even when my final ratio was 5/8/3 (and over half of those deaths were from going toe-to-toe with Master Yi against Master Yi...only he had a couple of levels on me and could out-DPS me like a boss, even with Wuju Style engaged and my ult active). Was kind of amusing, actually--we'd both go Highlander and Wuju at the same time and just proceed to whack the hell out of each other.

I seem to have settled into a preferred role of turret-breaker. Once I get up to lvl 8 or so and get my ult and my damage up, I make my way with a batch of minions to the nearest enemy turret, go hyper-ninja and proceed to whackity-whackity-whackity the turret down in a matter of seconds.

Depends, is that first death before the minions spawn?
I'm a noob, but I'm not THAT noob.  ::)

Okay...did some reading, figured out the way the item tree works. That explains why some items would replace others I had. At first I though it was "one weapon, one armor, one shield, etc" (like Demigod). Now I see the error of my ways. And yes, Phantom Dancer would appear to be a key item for my build design. High attack speed + lifesteal is a winning combination. Crit boost is just gravy. Had one the other night where I was farming whole minion waves solo and decimating them in seconds, all the while healing myself faster than they could hurt me. I used the same design philosophy in Diablo 2 to great effect as well.
And then you get cc'd and die in 3 seconds. :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13:05 am »

qss op
nerf nao
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: October 31, 2011, 09:59:11 am »

Only Tank xin gets penta kills in High elo!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: October 31, 2011, 11:41:13 am »

I see great potential for Atmog/Trinity/Tank Nidalee. Shame that alone is like 10k gold already.

Olaf definite FotM. Also Atmogs. It's funny how long people have been calling Warmogs absolute crap and now...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:42:51 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: October 31, 2011, 11:57:21 am »

I've been going Fratmog's Nocturne for a while now.  Wriggle, Boots, Ghostblade, Warmog's, Atma's, Frozen Mallet.  Turns out the things that make Noc inescapable also make him uncatchable when he has 4000 hp.

Also, Umiman, you like playing weird builds and seeing how they work right?  Try support Malzahar.  AOE silence that pops bubbles and still silences, 2.5 second suppress, AOE pool that doesn't need AP to do lots of damage, it could work.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:56:58 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1067