Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275761 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Oriana, the Lady of Clockwork
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2011, 05:27:30 pm »

Also very interested. I kind of feel like he should be a tank, not because of the description so far, just because there hasn't been a new tank in a while (Orianna, Vayne, Rumble, Brand, Lee Sin, Nocturne.... Jarvan IV). Regardless, a guy with a shovel as his weapon and undead wherever he goes sounds good to me!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2011, 05:34:24 pm »

And people who don't know the range of enemy skills... despite walking in to them dozens of times.

Last night it was me as Morde vs Amumu in top.  (We each had a jungler- theirs was Warwick.)  I hit him with damn near every one of my siphons.  Once WW finishes his route (I guess) he jumps out at me from behind... then hangs around a bit before moving in so I can see him coming plenty well.  He's at like 75% HP, Amumu maybe 60%.  They both go after me, and I grab first blood with a double kill to boot.  Went on to be like 2-4 levels higher than everyone else for most of the match, and we took it eventually.

I find this story implausable unless it was later on after you grabbed items.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »

It's a common occurrence for Mordekaiser. Actually something he wants. Mordekaiser is one of those champs that loves to fight 1v2 (more shield, same damage to both because Morde is AOE).

Considering his enemies were not only two melee champions, but two sustain / no-burst-damage dealers, it would have been more surprising if he had lost.

Edit: Video related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCaqmvpJ6Z0&feature=youtu.be Morde es #1

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2011, 06:06:38 pm »

A zombie based champion approaches, which I'm very interested into, unless its another mage.

Whatever he is i'm glad we are getting something atleast vaguely interesting, heck if he is a tank that uses pets to tank all the more awesome, if not, he needs pets whatever he is, that said, I WANT MY FUCKING MONKEY KING NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 08, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »

And people who don't know the range of enemy skills... despite walking in to them dozens of times.

Last night it was me as Morde vs Amumu in top.  (We each had a jungler- theirs was Warwick.)  I hit him with damn near every one of my siphons.  Once WW finishes his route (I guess) he jumps out at me from behind... then hangs around a bit before moving in so I can see him coming plenty well.  He's at like 75% HP, Amumu maybe 60%.  They both go after me, and I grab first blood with a double kill to boot.  Went on to be like 2-4 levels higher than everyone else for most of the match, and we took it eventually.

I find this story implausable unless it was later on after you grabbed items.

What uniman said- I nailed both of them with siphon most of the times I fired it.  Plus they sucked (Amumu repeatedly bandage tossed me when I had my shield up, almost never had despair up, etc.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »

It's a common occurrence for Mordekaiser. Actually something he wants. Mordekaiser is one of those champs that loves to fight 1v2 (more shield, same damage to both because Morde is AOE).

Considering his enemies were not only two melee champions, but two sustain / no-burst-damage dealers, it would have been more surprising if he had lost.

Edit: Video related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCaqmvpJ6Z0&feature=youtu.be Morde es #1

fed morde. he has quite a few items over all the people hes fighting. and im not saying this doesnt happen, what I am saying is that early on morde is pretty fail. (unless the enemy doesnt understand the shield and harrassing him really doesnt work well) its not till lvl 5-6 that he then gets hilarious. IE, in that video killing the nocturne then killing 2 more people with the nocturne ghost in the meantime.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:26:38 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »

I had probably my most interesting match ever last night. To make a long story short, things looked impossible for the first 40 minutes but no one bitched or pointed fingers. Bottom feed the enemy Lee like crazy (he went 10 and 0 in 20 mins). But when things were most hopless we played a great defense and aced them. After that our Shacko was pure critical mass, just completely destroying the enemy team.

It took another 20 minutes but we finally beat them.

I like vlad again. I think I understand him a little better now. He is pure poke play. He can't drop a ton of damage at once and would have a hell of a time killing any tanky DPS 1 on 1. Instead he pokes at the squishes before the tanks go in for the initiate. When the fight gets going he can run in and out of range of people doing decent damage every couple of seconds. If the enemy comes at him he has enough survivability to give his tanks or other DPS a chance to kill them off.

He can drop a ton of damage at once - at level 9 his Q becomes a 2 second nuke, with about 300 base damage. And it heals you and it's free. Abuse it to hell. What you should do as Vlad is ignore the tanks as much as you can, just unload and heal off the squishies (you need to get Hextech -> Will of the Ancients at some point, Hextech Revolver is my first item after Doran's shield). But if you're not teamfighting or engaging, he is easily the best poker in the game. Instant, easy click damage that heals you.

If you look at my match history I went 7/0/3. With 6k gold by the end of the game. I basically had my starting items. They couldn't adapt against me, I was too mobile for them (Ashe, Poppy, Anivia, Noc). Use Tranfusion like it's your auto attack at level 9, before that poke + run, or stay back and heal off of minions if you're under their health. At level 9 they need to be higher health than you and have CC for you to be able to die. I always run Ghost/Flash. Those with pool negate basically any possible deaths. And if you're low you don't even have to leave a teamfight, you can just hang around and poke and by the end of the fight you'll be at least at half health. He's an amazing champ who I consider slightly OP at the moment.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2011, 03:40:44 am »

A zombie based champion approaches, which I'm very interested into, unless its another mage.

heimer, but with ZOMBIES OMG.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2011, 06:46:56 am »

The only problem I have with morde, is that when you get good you have to be extremely careful in getting kills and what not, so often I've been going 19/2/20 or something and we've lost because I ended up taking all the kills :D

Also a morde vs morde fight is possibly one of the silliest things ever, who ever gets the first E in wins pretty much.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2011, 10:20:35 am »

The only problem I have with morde, is that when you get good you have to be extremely careful in getting kills and what not, so often I've been going 19/2/20 or something and we've lost because I ended up taking all the kills :D

Also a morde vs morde fight is possibly one of the silliest things ever, who ever gets the first E in wins pretty much.

One person should never pick all the gold from kills. Once the superfed Caitlyn dies, the rest of the team is underfed and easy to take on. Most optimal would be that everyone gets farmed on gold: Tanks can build their stuff so thy can tank better, damage-dealers get their damage-dealing items, and supports could support when they have those aura-items and all.

But too often a fed carry goes "wtf team sucks im so fed we could easily win" when losing.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2011, 11:48:26 am »

If you're 19/2/20 with Morde you should be able to win the game by yourself. You did get a Mejais, right?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/mydaddieds-guide-tanky-ap-mordekaiser-for-ranked-play-56934 <--- Closest thing I found to my build.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2011, 11:51:20 am »

If you're 19/2/20 with Morde you should be able to win the game by yourself. You did get a Mejais, right?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/mydaddieds-guide-tanky-ap-mordekaiser-for-ranked-play-56934 <--- Closest thing I found to my build.
Don't show the closest thing to your build, show your build.
Unless you think it is too troublesome to make an account jsut for that, which I think is.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2011, 01:27:05 pm »

Eh, look at my match history, my latest Morde game for a feel.

Anyway, here it is.

Ghost + Ignite

9/0/21

Red/Yellow/Blue/Quints
MPEN/ARMOR/MRES/2 HP + 1 MPEN

Regrowth Pendant + Health Pot (Doran's Shield on TT) -> Level 1 Boots -> Negatron Cloak/Chain Armor (Situational vs Lane) -> Regrowth/Amplifying Tome (Both in any Order) -> Negatron Cloak/Chain Armor (Whichever I didn't get before) -> Mejais -> Sorc Boots/Merc Treads (Situational) -> FoN -> Thornmail/Randuins (Situational) -> Rylais -> Hextech Gunblade/Abyssal (Situational)

There's a lot of situational in there, I know. Basically you just try to survive your lane and harass constantly until you can go B, then purchase the defensive item that counters whoever you're laning against. You should be solo lane but if you're not (it happens), buy whichever one you think you need more. Then you build all the components of important items, so by the end of early game I have 2 Regrowths, Amplifying Tome, Level 1 Boots, Negatron + Chain Mail. Mejais first so you can basically ignore building damage until later in the game, whichever boots you think you need (Mercs for heavy CC), then upgrade your defensive items. FoN is a must, and then Thornmail if they have auto attack AD or Randuin's if they have caster AD or are not focusing you much. At this point your core is done, you should be able to rape face with any enemy team that isn't fed. Getting stacks with Morde is easy, especially with his ult + ignite. To be a good Morde player you have to learn to judge when your ult + ignite will land you a certain kill. The only way to do this is to experiment and through time. A quick calculation at level 6 would be to see if they're under 15/20% health, then they're almost guaranteed dead, especially if you land an E on them before they run (and they will run). Later in the game 25% becomes enough because your ult will deal about 40% of their HP total, 20% or so in instant damage. Ignite nullifies any healing they may try.

As the game drags on build Rylais so you can keep spamming your AOE on them forever, and then Abyssal if you need more Mres or Hextech if you just want to smack them harder and heal while doing it. Morde is a powerhouse, all he lacks is CC, which isn't much of a problem as all of your abilities actually have a fear  ;D. Rylais allows you to just keep hammering them forever, and ever, until they die. If you find yourself facing multiple enemies, focus the weakest one, make him a ghost ASAP. While AD champs are preferable for ghosting, AP champs are fine too as they give you extra AP you might need to win the fight. Your ghost's damage contributes to your shield, so in a 1 + ghost vs. 2 situation you will usually win.

You're the most powerful farmer (of minions and champs) in the game behind Sivir. You'll reach your full build and level 18 before anyone except an over-fed opponent/ally. Abuse this. Keep your shield up as much as you can, you'll win any lane except against a good Urgot (yes, you can beat Vlad).

Phew. I'll give anyone who wants them tips/lessons on the way on tanky AP carrying (Morde + Vlad). Tanky AP are the most reliable solo queue carries in the game by far.

P.S: Built Tryndameres are extremely difficult to beat for any team, in my experience, especially if they're fed. Their damage shreds through anyone even with thornmail. If they're not beyond the point of absolutely no return (i.e, surrender) then wait until he's at least halfway through his ult then ult + ignite him. Wait until after his ult if possible, but don't let him spin through a wall.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:36:10 pm by Yodamaster »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2011, 02:20:18 pm »

I should duel Yodamaster Morde on Morde. Just to see who is better at the king of noobstompers.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2011, 02:26:18 pm »

Oh my.

Right off the bat, it’s impossible not to feel intimidated when staring down Yorick in your lane. The champion is simply massive–a ghoulish hunchback that makes Sion look like a toddler. Yorick looks like he could go toe-toe-toe in a fistfight with Cho’Gath–which is perfect, considering he’s primarily a melee fighter champion. His face obscured by a tattered hood, Yorick lumbers around with a collection of lanterns and skulls on his coat, whacking his targets with a massive, rusty spade.

I'm in love. I'm getting this guy.

He's scheduled to come after the season 1 tournament though, meaning its going to take about 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:31:10 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1067