Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272616 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4680 on: October 15, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »

Anyone looking for a level 30 EU player? I'd like to abandon solo queing and get in the world of premades ^^

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: October 15, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »

Good news everybody, I found out what's wrong with Nocturne.  His E is bugged if you smartcast.  If you smartcast it, noc disengages once the fear procs.  I can actually gank people again, hooray
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: October 15, 2011, 06:58:10 pm »

Can someone explain to me how I got all this rp?

Basically I asked Riot to refund 3 of my runepages so I can get the runepage bundle. The support guy told me to have the RP required in my account first so I did that. I bought some RP then bought Swain and was left with 2800rp and like 5k ip. 2 of the runepages I had were bought with 590rp each and the last one was bought with 6300ip. The support guy told me the refunds would give me the ip and rp I bought the runepages with. The runepage bundle itself is 2600rp

So today I login and I check. I have all 10 runepages and my account was:
2800rp and 5kip

My face:  :-\

Okay, so the max amount of rp I could technically get from the refund was 1770rp... Even if I got that, I should have only 1970rp (2800 - 2600 + 1770). But I have free 830rp.

???

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: October 15, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »

They might of also refunded one of your champion purchases, as they do that for champions that got large discounts.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: October 15, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »

Or they're just throwing free RP at people. I've heard an awful lot of "...uh, where'd this RP/IP come from?" stories recently.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: October 15, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

Apparently the order took time to go through. The transaction appeared properly now.

I probably should have used all the RP just to see what would have happened.

Also, I finally got 10 runepages. Excited to use them. Lose 4 games in a row. Herp Derp. Every single game played was against people with nearly 2000 wins while we have teammates that are still completely new to the game and only like a hundred wins. Sigh... fuck matchmaking. Well, actually this whole day was just super unlucky. Bleh.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: October 15, 2011, 11:13:03 pm »

Apparently the order took time to go through. The transaction appeared properly now.

I probably should have used all the RP just to see what would have happened.

Also, I finally got 10 runepages. Excited to use them. Lose 4 games in a row. Herp Derp. Every single game played was against people with nearly 2000 wins while we have teammates that are still completely new to the game and only like a hundred wins. Sigh... fuck matchmaking. Well, actually this whole day was just super unlucky. Bleh.

Were they normal games? Because the matchmaking system tries to balance out your wins and losses.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: October 15, 2011, 11:42:29 pm »

Nah, I'm pretty certain normal ELO is capped. So very often you get super hyper ultra players with absolute shit players.

The only thing it considers is level, if I'm not mistaken.

It's kinda sad because the first game I took Ryze and ended up fighting LeBonk >.> That didn't go well for me. Honestly I should have taken Morgana (or Sivir) but my allies kept telling me to ban her.

Next game I took Renek and was doing fine fighting Talon, but had to keep leaving my lane to help my team so Talon ended up raping everything because of freefarm. I didn't get to practice laning at all.

After that I wanted to try Renek again, but we ended up fighting 5 ranged carries lol... So I was forced to solo top vs Vayne and Kennen.... yeah... that didn't go well for me. I kept bringing both of them down to nearly no hp but because our jungler had to keep helping the other lanes (for god knows what reason, you'd think 1v2 lane should get higher priority than 2v2) no one was ever there to capitalize on 100hp doublekills.

Finally I gave up and just took Morgana. My lane went incredible. However, other than myself and Olaf, everyone else was getting owned. Nasus got fed and we all died.

=|

All I wanted to do was get a chance to practice Renekton and Ryze.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: October 16, 2011, 02:26:56 am »

Remember:  The better you do in your lane, the worse everyone else does.  As tempting as the ten minute tower is, don't do it, otherwise the rest of your team will feed their asses off.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: October 16, 2011, 03:42:52 am »

Was bored, so I hit up some solo queue dominion games even though everyone knows how crazy the dominion randoms are. I thought it'd be fun to find a strategy that would consistently work with these unreliable randoms. I think I found it.

I call it NLBLS.

Never-Leave-Bot-Lane-Sivir.

Basically, you start with some relatively tanky runes and masteries. Grab promote and exhaust. Then say in champion select "I go bot forever". Never leave bot lane. Rush your W to level 2 and leave it there until the end of the game (each creep wave only has 3 creeps after all). Then just derp at bottom and infuriate the enemy by never stopping your push. Never push further than the enemy's bottom tower. Just leave everything else to your team. I guarantee you by the 3rd minute the enemy will have called for someone else to help him stop the giant creep waves you bring to their bottom tower. That's your entire purpose. Make them waste 2 people to stop just you (p.s: they need 3 to stop you).

The key to using promote is not to blow it at random, but to use it when your creeps are right in front of the tower. The promote minion is just there to cap the point while you piss off the enemy champion trying to stop it. Exhaust is exhaust. It's important. Fuck flash, it won't save you. Don't bother with anything else. You don't need garrison as you're not going to towerdive anything nor will you be sitting on your own tower to get towerdived (sit far back and interrupt them with q).

As long as your team is even remotely competent, they should be very happy fighting 3v4 constantly.

Here's an example of the score you will inevitably get:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, the enemy team did waaaaaaay better than my team technically. Look at the number of caps and the huge kill difference. Didn't matter. Hell, I didn't even know there was an Ezreal on the enemy team until this scoreboard. Never saw him. That Ezreal's gold score? 3000 gold less than Sivir. That's how strong NLBLS is.

This is now my winning Dominion strat.  8)

Edit: It still won't save you from 4 kills 20 deaths Master Yi. Or the team that interprets "I solo bot forever" to mean "we should put 3 people at bot forever".

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: October 16, 2011, 06:48:08 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:03:09 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: October 16, 2011, 07:08:48 am »

Regardless of whether or not my machine can play, I myself am still pretty bad at the game. But I think I may have found a favourite champion, Katarina. She farms like crazy...so I will probably have to save up and buy her at some point. Unless there is a reason I shouldn't? For all I know there could be a glaring fault that I have overlooked...
Kat is pretty crazy when played well. You have to keep an eye on everyones hard CC though.

Good Kats penta while all the hard CC is used up. Bad ones shunpo in and go *poof*.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:24 am »

What happened to the Tear showing its bonus mana?

It was in a few patches ago then it just vanished for some reason :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: October 16, 2011, 09:31:27 am »

Was bored, so I hit up some solo queue dominion games even though everyone knows how crazy the dominion randoms are. I thought it'd be fun to find a strategy that would consistently work with these unreliable randoms. I think I found it.

I call it NLBLS.

Never-Leave-Bot-Lane-Sivir.

The S stands for Soraka. Or S-Anivia.

I'm serious, Soraka pushes everyone to the wall. Ani lacks recovery compared to her but has better defense tools.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1067