Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273312 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4200 on: September 24, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »

I approve of new taric. They nerfed alot of things about him but buffed him in such ways that it more then made up for it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: September 25, 2011, 01:11:28 am »

Skarner design discussion: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/15320/?p=1
TLDR: Possibilities include buffing Skarner's jungle, lowering mana costs, and allowing you to cast Fracture while moving.

I still regret buying this guy. I've tried so hard to get him to work but he's just so meh. He's awesome in late game but you'll never ever get there. Especially against a competent enemy laner.

Also, Coffinmage is going to be some sort of laser artillery.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: September 25, 2011, 02:42:20 am »

Nilocy, I question you building Rapeadons so late. You delay it for Tear and Hextech. I mean, Hextech is nice, has good AP and spellvamp is ridiculous on Cass.
But Tear? C'mon, you said yourself that you don't really need more mana regen beyond double Doran's (the best build, btw), so you are spending a whole lot of money on something that doesn't benefit you at all. Even later with AAS, you are spending like 2500 on about 100 AP. Just spamming NLR would be more efficient and they build into something.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: September 25, 2011, 02:51:49 am »

What's NLR? Is it another German item name?

Edit: To actually contribute. I think what he means is that he gets enough mana regen but he doesn't have enough of a base mana pool to unleash the kind of endless spamming that Cass does. For example, you could get 50 mana/5 but if you only have 600 mana, you're still kinda screwed. So you get the Tear to overcome that.

Personally, I almost never buy Tear. I only ever get it on Urgot. Maybe Skarner. I find Catalyst to be a way better buy for casters. This is because I find Tear's base stats to be so abysmal that it puts me at such a huge disadvantage when I get back in lane. So if the enemy already has dominance over me, I'm just screwing myself over some more. But I think it's a personal choice thing and it doesn't really matter that much past the laning phase if you don't upgrade either.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: September 25, 2011, 03:06:37 am »

I think it's needlessly large rod.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: September 25, 2011, 04:24:49 am »

I don't even remember half of the German item names. I've been playing the english version since a long long time.

And Cass pretty much has little mana pool problems. Amazing innate. You only run OOM if you are low on mana and get into team fights, so conserve your mana.  If you need mana, get Catalyst, but an early catalyst screws over your early game and a late catalyst is mostly pointless. Or, you know, get golem buff, Cass should usually be the one who gets to take it and providing she starts with enough mana she can solo it fairly easily.

Tear of the Goddess is for those guys that scale off mana in some way (Blitz, Ryze), spam a lot while being physical casters (Urgot, and, um...) or just need endless mana pools (Zilean) - I hate the fact that it leaves me so squishy. Every other mana regen alternative makes you more bulky in some way. And it usually is worse compared to Rod of Ages anyway.

People that rush Tear before even Boots are my favorite kind of opponent to eat as Cassiopeia. Squishy slow sitting ducks. :3:
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: September 25, 2011, 04:49:19 am »

I guess you're right about the Tear, but its sorta become a thing for me as it allows me to fight without the need for blue buff at like 25 minutes (even though I do take it all the freaken time). Its insurance really. Just incase the game goes bad, and you're stuck in base fighting minions. The way I play cass I do run outta mana very quickly, even though I do try to keep her passive up as high as possible when moving between lanes.

I play a really really mean Cass, I mean, she's probably my best champion bar Cho'gath, tonnes of messing around with build orders. But really, you should just build reactively, but try to get some core items, sorc shoes, revolver and rabadons.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:53:51 am by Nilocy »

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:26 am »

Quote from: Tamat
Beta has been successful so far, we'll have a launch date announcement for you next week.  ;)

Don't really know what to think of this. Happy they have another plan for when it's coming, but sad that it'll probably be at least another month.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:27 am »

Is that about Dominion?

I don't know; some times it's the most fun I've had playing competitive videogames, and at others it's just... ugh.

I guess the problem I see (I might be imagining things, as I've not played LoL in general that much) is that AD melee carries snowball extremely fast, while AP carries are generally less useful as a whole. I mean, every Xin'Zhao I've played has been a roaring success ending with me at top, and AP Twisted Fate, Annie and what have you I've failed miserably.

I guess it's more up to the kit the particular char has, since last night a Ryze DEMOLISHED us, and I've seen Veigar used well, but the facts are - if I jump on someone with Xin and 5 or more minutes have passed, he's going down, and the other way round - if an Akali or Talon jumps me it's 20 secs of browsing items again.

I guess my question is, is this a real problem, or do I need to get better at vidjageims?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: September 25, 2011, 10:08:54 am »

Is that about Dominion?

I don't know; some times it's the most fun I've had playing competitive videogames, and at others it's just... ugh.

I guess the problem I see (I might be imagining things, as I've not played LoL in general that much) is that AD melee carries snowball extremely fast, while AP carries are generally less useful as a whole. I mean, every Xin'Zhao I've played has been a roaring success ending with me at top, and AP Twisted Fate, Annie and what have you I've failed miserably.

I guess it's more up to the kit the particular char has, since last night a Ryze DEMOLISHED us, and I've seen Veigar used well, but the facts are - if I jump on someone with Xin and 5 or more minutes have passed, he's going down, and the other way round - if an Akali or Talon jumps me it's 20 secs of browsing items again.

I guess my question is, is this a real problem, or do I need to get better at vidjageims?
Dominion is really about picking your fights wisely. You can't simply fight 3 people and take a turret. Likewise, if 1 person comes to try to take your turret with 3 of you there, it's not happening. What that means is if someone is just walking around near you, then you have to choose whether you're going to chase him or not. You have to choose between taking a turret or killing someone. You also need to know when to attack and when to defend.

So, if you're getting repeatedly killed by a certain champ, you should stop fighting them alone.

Team comps should include something like: Initiator, Carry(x2), Assassin, and one unknown.

The Initiator is a fast, tanky player that can start fights at turrets for the carries. They are not a tank, per say, as they won't be taking damage for players, but are sacrificing themselves for turret damage. They should also be defending turrets, even against 2 or 3 people (if Garrison is up, they can win 1v1 and 1v2, and stall 1v3 for a few seconds, if another player is on the way). If there is no carry to fight with and no nearby attackers, they should be taking undefended turrets. Garen, Singed, Rammus, and probably Galio are really good at this. They'll almost always want Ghost and Garrison. Garrison is ridiculous if used correctly.

The Carries are obvious, but they should have some form of long range. Gangplank, Ezrael, Ashe, and Twisted Fate would be good choices. The long range skill is for defending turrets that you cannot reach in time. They should take undefended turrets if possible, but also pushing minions to the turret is nice for them, especially if they are defended by one (maybe two) players. They can defend, but only if there is no other option. 1v1, they should kill most players, but that's more of the Assassin's job. They will want one of Promote/Garrison (either for pushing or the attacking and defending of turrets) and either Ghost/Flash for defense. Ghost is usually better, since it has a lot more offensive capabilities, too.

The Assassin is a stealthy (or just fast [or possibly just outrageously strong]) player that can eliminate people 1v1 but rarely fights at turrets except as ganks or pushing with another player. They can hunt down players or defend, but they must also take undefended turrets. Akali, Talon, Irelia, and Master Yi are good examples. They will not need either Promote or Garrison. They should take 2 of Exhaust/Ignite/Ghost, depending on how well they can escape or their personal preference. If they lose a 1v1 fight, then it better be against the enemy team's Assassin with help or incredible luck.

I haven't decided what the fifth person's job is. It might just be one of any of the three, though more than likely a third Carry or someone with an annoying CC(s). They might have a combined job of Carry with CC (but no long range). There job might just be Harasser.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: September 25, 2011, 11:03:21 am »

Hrm, sanguine blade on Jax?

SB/Guinsoo/Relentless, the jax doesn't stop from getting stronger
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: September 25, 2011, 11:52:36 am »

Since the early game from summoner's rift is basicaly steamrolled on dominion, jax's greater weakness is removed, he rapes on dominion because of that. After a certain point he never ceases to be a threat. Same thing with poppy, whose main weakness is her laning, and since there's no real laning phase in dominion..

Some champions suffer from this though, yorick feels sorta silly on dominion because of that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:54:47 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: September 25, 2011, 11:57:06 am »

I'm betting Poppy will kick ass too, for the same --Oh you edited the post, nevermind.

What I'm wondering, is Twisted Fate's ultimate shorter ranged on Dominion, or does it have the normal range?

Nocturne's ult has a shorter range on Dominion.  At level 1 it's shorter than Caitlyn's ult.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:29 pm »

I'm not sure, it'd make sense if it did. Even so, riot did a good job of stopping people from winning games just by taking all points all the time but never quite holding them. I dunno if you were with us when we played a dominion game in which the enemy team relied on an eve and TF going around taking points but never holding them for more then a few seconds. Then they lost because they were dying alot due to having 2 teamates constantly MIA and so couldn't hold the few points they were actualy trying to hold. Anyway his ult's range didn't seem to different.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:06:19 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1067