Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273346 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4170 on: September 24, 2011, 07:17:28 am »

It didn't use to be like that, but ever since Riot got bought by Tencent awhile back, they've only been releasing 6300ip champions and very rarely, 4800 champions.

So yeah, expect champion releases every 2 - 3 weeks and all of them being retardedly expensive. It's quite a pain.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: September 24, 2011, 07:18:32 am »

Champions are supposed to come every 2 weeks, and the new ones have been 6300IP for a while now, so I don't think they'll change that. Instead they are making older ones cheaper. Looks like a decent way to set it up I'd say.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: September 24, 2011, 07:35:49 am »

Don't you love the players that think they're awesome? No, not the ones that ARE awesome. The ones that think they're so pro because they have 26 of their team's 27 kills, complain about people kill stealing, complain about their team not getting kills, complaining about every player on BOTH teams, and then they lose because they've raged so hard they forgot this was a team game and oh yeah it's about killing the Nexus too.

I love beating those people. I hate beating the people on their team. The people on their team have to sit their and drudge on as the solo tryhard screams in all caps about how horrifyingly bad his team is. They really do ruin the game.

And the worst part is you can't tell them differently. They'll ALWAYS assume they're the best ever, and that EVERYTHING is everyone else's fault, and proceed to tell not just their teammates but everyone ever. They will then likely write in their "Queue Dodge Journal" every name in that game so that they will never have to play with them ever.

I've never had to ignore someone before, but I did this time. He insisted he could 1v1 me, which would totally show me how much of a team player he was. All I want is for him to learn how to help his team. His job is not to berate his teammates. It's to motivate. It's a TEAM game! What part of that is so hard to understand?

Bah. I'm done ranting. It won't make him a better player because he'll never read it. And even if he did, he'd never understand it.

I feel you man. Had a Sivir last game that wouldn't shut.the.fuck.up. Every time one of us would die, he'd go "GG". That's not even the end of things. During team fights, he'd scurry off after the retreating targets while the rest of the team get's face-rolled. Throughout the entire game, he was the last one in, and before our team's cumulative health even dropped a quarter, he backed out. He proceeded to batter the team with insults, "My team sucks," yadi, yadi, yadi ya. We were doing pretty poorly, but the skewed chance of winning was still there. As soon as the opposing team reached our inner tower (the one before the inhibitor turret), our entire team was on scene. It was a very flashy fight, but their team just had way too tanky (Blitzcrank, Alister, Amumu..). They'd all but aced the team, but Sivir and I managed to get across the wall and up to heal.

After a brief "GG," he AFKed. Leaving me to rush out there to do what I could. I know I couldn't really do anything, but me just being there running around was better than me standing at the fountain ... right? He came back after they killed me, laughing as the rest of the team just gets slaughtered as well, stopping every so often to surrender. I genuinely hate people like this, elitist assholes that sit there and cripple their entire team. It was a pretty bad round, I admit it, but that just sucks when you have someone like that on your team. At the very end of the round, his KDA ratio was about 3/3/2. Everybody elses' were somewhere along the lines of 6/7/12. Ridiculous how these free games are plagued with people like this. Sorry about the rant, just saw this and my gears started grinding again.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:38:12 am by xDarkz »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

Lol... are you complaining about someone from these forums?
Oh, no. Sure, some of the people here are slightly like that, but none of them will go out of their way to insult people from their team TO THE ENEMY TEAM. If you type, "Lol, our Morde so pro, 0/11," then you deserve to be shot in the face by a Gangplank. I hope a Garen leaps out of your car. Nidalee spear through your window from that bush outside. Teemo jumps you from invisibility and poisons you, and the end of your life is pure agony as you attempt to flee from that small fellow while pain slowly rakes you. I will feel no sympathy as Malzahar freezes your entire body and pumps endless amount of void energy into you.

I don't care if you spent the entire game telling him how to use a computer, play LoL perfectly, and manage to 1vthe entire game. You don't do that. That is not okay, because you've just destroyed the chance that your team will care about your life. I go out of my way to hinder people like that. If I can heal, I will watch as you slowly drop health, and then heal myself. In front of you. Or I will heal a minion, if possible. Because I could care less about winning anymore. I don't think people like that deserve to win. And I know how much people like that HATE losing.

So, don't be a jerk to your team. If you want, be a jerk to the other team. That way you're not demotivating your team. I try to give compliments when I can in my game, because people LIKE hearing that. They want to know they did well. If your teammates wins a 2v3, give them a "good job!" If your teammate gets killed 1v2, tell them "Try to stick with a teammate if you can" or "Try not to fight them 1v2." If they give you an "ok" then they are doing they're job. Your team is needed to win in most cases, so it's a reeeeeeeally good idea not to make them mad.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:42 am »

Lol... are you complaining about someone from these forums?
Oh, no. Sure, some of the people here are slightly like that, but none of them will go out of their way to insult people from their team TO THE ENEMY TEAM. If you type, "Lol, our Morde so pro, 0/11," then you deserve to be shot in the face by a Gangplank. I hope a Garen leaps out of your car. Nidalee spear through your window from that bush outside. Teemo jumps you from invisibility and poisons you, and the end of your life is pure agony as you attempt to flee from that small fellow while pain slowly rakes you. I will feel no sympathy as Malzahar freezes your entire body and pumps endless amount of void energy into you.

I don't care if you spent the entire game telling him how to use a computer, play LoL perfectly, and manage to 1vthe entire game. You don't do that. That is not okay, because you've just destroyed the chance that your team will care about your life. I go out of my way to hinder people like that. If I can heal, I will watch as you slowly drop health, and then heal myself. In front of you. Or I will heal a minion, if possible. Because I could care less about winning anymore. I don't think people like that deserve to win. And I know how much people like that HATE losing.

So, don't be a jerk to your team. If you want, be a jerk to the other team. That way you're not demotivating your team. I try to give compliments when I can in my game, because people LIKE hearing that. They want to know they did well. If your teammates wins a 2v3, give them a "good job!" If your teammate gets killed 1v2, tell them "Try to stick with a teammate if you can" or "Try not to fight them 1v2." If they give you an "ok" then they are doing they're job. Your team is needed to win in most cases, so it's a reeeeeeeally good idea not to make them mad.
Sounds like the trolls are getting to you. They're doing their job, they're doing it well.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: September 24, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »

Nah, they aren't trolls, these guys actually think they are that good.

I usually deal with them by pointing out as logically as possible what they did wrong, in an insulting way that won't get me reported  ;D

It usually shuts them up because they are usually the type who watch live streams of "pros" then copy their builds. So they have some sense of what a good idea and a bad idea is, they just don't use them.

On that note, add me to the list of people at the original post. My LoL name is also Micro102

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: September 24, 2011, 12:35:47 pm »

Dominion's up for a bit.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: September 24, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »

I dunno. Dominion is Dominion. Normal LoL now is like... subpar DotA 2. And DotA 2 is actually out so... yeah, no reason to play normal LoL. =|

DotA2 isn't exactly out. Even if they have started to send out beta-keys, it's like saying Diablo III is here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: September 24, 2011, 01:08:59 pm »

No, DotA 2 is actually out. They're doing it Gmail style. Invites only and expanding. No beta.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: September 24, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »

People who say "Just don't chase Singed" have obviously never actually fought a singed before.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: September 24, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »

Riot is answering questions about champions in this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=14887714#post14887714

I'll tl;dr some: (Most of these are in progress and not out next patch)

- Shaco getting base stats buff
- Heimer remake. Turrets not permanent but more offensive
- Leona getting usability tweaks
- Poppy changes so have easier laning but weaker late game burst
- Vlad changes to have easier laning but a changed passive so he isn't crazy late game
- Lee Sin nerf next patch (unsurprising)
- Singed nerf next patch (also unsurprising)
- Talon changes to base stats and mana costs
- No changes to Lux
- Mundo changes. Want to make him stronger late game but weaker early game (wat?)
- No changes to Caitlyn
- Riot "concerned" about Akali. I don't know what this entails
- Jungle "tweaks". Again, no idea what this means

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: September 24, 2011, 02:36:18 pm »

This was a match with Web. One more second and we would have lost.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: September 24, 2011, 03:02:39 pm »

This was a match with Web. One more second and we would have lost.
I had to hold a GP and Ez up top for about 10 seconds while it ticked down at half health. Luckily, I was Garen with all spells up and Garrison. It ticked to 0 a split second before they neutralized the turret.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: September 24, 2011, 03:05:11 pm »

Also, Garrison is OP. The turret damage becomes laughable, allowing you to overtake the turret for several seconds. Or you can get double kills at your own turret, because they think they can take you 2v1 after they saw what you did to them.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: September 24, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »

So guys I'm kind of new at this game, but if I were looking for a high-damage, possibly burst, caster, what would be the best choice? For now it seems Brand, and maybe Malzahar and Annie, but is there some hidden champion I'm missing? I don't mind difficult to use, since it'd be played for fun with a friend team-queuing and not ranked, especially since I'm lvl 15  :D
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1067