Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273352 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4155 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »

Nope, I just bought Garen today.

Also, my thoughts on Dominion.  I will never play summoner's rift again.
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: September 23, 2011, 08:55:37 pm »

Teemo + movespeed 3 boots + 4 zeals + move quick's active + revive + ghost moves really fast in case anyone's wondering.

Also, my thoughts on Dominion.  I will never play summoner's rift again.
Agreed. At first I thought I didn't like PvP in LoL all that much. Then I realized I just don't really like it when people have a chance to talk!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:24 pm »

Dominion has given me a new appreciation for normal pvp matches. Am I alone on this? Dominion is a lot more fast-paced, that's for sure. Nothing wrong with that. But it gives you something to compare the original game mode with, and while both modes have their perks, I no longer stress when waiting in line for a normal game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: September 23, 2011, 09:36:21 pm »

I dunno. Dominion is Dominion. Normal LoL now is like... subpar DotA 2. And DotA 2 is actually out so... yeah, no reason to play normal LoL. =|

Bluerobin: Yeah. Agreed. Because Dominion is so intense, no one ever says anything except at the start or the few short moments when they are dead. Even then it's so easy to ignore or completely miss the chat because you're constantly doing important stuff.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:25 pm »

I like Dominion... but I despise people who choose classes randomly. Had a game with a Heimerdinger who didn't know how to play Heimer and didn't set up ANY turrets at all. Then I played a game where I had a Ryze who didn't really play Ryze. Why he chose Ryze anyway is a bit of a mystery, because Ryze has scaling mechanisms with the Tear of the Goddess. Which is pretty useless on Dominion.

I'm also noticing AoE attacks making a comeback, AD carries are pretty popular, especially Jax/Ashe (I know. Sword of the Divine. Except that it doesn't work because he gets Counterstrike from minions instead.). Stuns seem kinda powerful, but that might be because Dominion is so fast paced anyway, so it seems like AGES before you get out of the stun.

Also, god damn, I hate Gangplank now.
I also found out that I'm absolutely terrible at teamfights. Errghhh.
Also often called Boowells.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: September 23, 2011, 10:24:53 pm »

I just fought an Udyr on dominion. He had 1/5 his health bar left, I was teemo with full health, negatron cloak, thornmail, that new electric item, and malady. I shot him at least 6 times but he took no damage, kept stunning me while taking no damage (even with my thornmail), and just did this until I died. I don't recall him ever being this powerful.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:00 pm »

Ill admit, dominion is fun, but I like summoner's rift more. Dominion is just a different mode I'll play once in a while, summoner's rift is more my thing.

Anyway, am I not the only one weirded out by the singed spotlight? Phreak just runs around in the middle of a full health jarvan and half health riven, and they refuse to attack him untill the very last moment when his poison trail has already done decent damage. They literally just walk along with him, THEN turn around, and they both die, in lane, close to their turret?
Also, by the end of the spotlight, singed is like, 16, while the whole enemy team is 11, with only skarner being 13. The fuck?
Who are these people that play with riot on the spotlights?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:10:01 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »

Bot prototypes.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: September 24, 2011, 12:18:10 am »

Ill admit, dominion is fun, but I like summoner's rift more. Dominion is just a different mode I'll play once in a while, summoner's rift is more my thing.

Anyway, am I not the only one weirded out by the singed spotlight? Phreak just runs around in the middle of a full health jarvan and half health riven, and they refuse to attack him untill the very last moment when his poison trail has already done decent damage. They literally just walk along with him, THEN turn around, and they both die, in lane, close to their turret?
Also, by the end of the spotlight, singed is like, 16, while the whole enemy team is 11, with only skarner being 13. The fuck?

Is this the first spotlight you've seen?
Shoes...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:57 am »

Whats funny about all the recent issues for people with performance is that my crappy ass machine chugs along just fine (FPS in the 20's but its still smooth) in both normal and dominion. I guess whatever they're doing only has issues for more recent hardware. Or maybe something about Vista and 7 as I'm running XP.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:19 am »

Whats funny about all the recent issues for people with performance is that my crappy ass machine chugs along just fine (FPS in the 20's but its still smooth) in both normal and dominion. I guess whatever they're doing only has issues for more recent hardware. Or maybe something about Vista and 7 as I'm running XP.

Nah. I have FPS problems with the recent patch, too, and my computer's pretty bad. I managed to find a simplistic CPU limiter called Battle Encoder Shirase. With the client limited, I can play with around 15-25 FPS.

EDIT: Also, fun times with Blitzcrank. Pulling and neutralizing enemy Vaynes is fun stuff.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:58:03 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: September 24, 2011, 04:26:14 am »

Don't you love the players that think they're awesome? No, not the ones that ARE awesome. The ones that think they're so pro because they have 26 of their team's 27 kills, complain about people kill stealing, complain about their team not getting kills, complaining about every player on BOTH teams, and then they lose because they've raged so hard they forgot this was a team game and oh yeah it's about killing the Nexus too.

I love beating those people. I hate beating the people on their team. The people on their team have to sit their and drudge on as the solo tryhard screams in all caps about how horrifyingly bad his team is. They really do ruin the game.

And the worst part is you can't tell them differently. They'll ALWAYS assume they're the best ever, and that EVERYTHING is everyone else's fault, and proceed to tell not just their teammates but everyone ever. They will then likely write in their "Queue Dodge Journal" every name in that game so that they will never have to play with them ever.

I've never had to ignore someone before, but I did this time. He insisted he could 1v1 me, which would totally show me how much of a team player he was. All I want is for him to learn how to help his team. His job is not to berate his teammates. It's to motivate. It's a TEAM game! What part of that is so hard to understand?

Bah. I'm done ranting. It won't make him a better player because he'll never read it. And even if he did, he'd never understand it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: September 24, 2011, 07:04:01 am »

Lol... are you complaining about someone from these forums?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: September 24, 2011, 07:09:57 am »

Dominion. It's pretty great and Poppy eats everyone's faces.

Got to love her when she gains farm as fast as everyone else.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: September 24, 2011, 07:12:31 am »

New Champion Sneak Peek :
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=14861102
Xerath, the Magus Ascendant

So.. I've been playing for less than a month and there have been two new characters, and the way I understood it Talon came pretty recently, too. Do Riot always release champions at this rate? And are they always 6300 IP when released? Because that seems a bit stupid. Well, not for them and their earnings, of course, but ... still.

Also the guy's art looks silly.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1067