Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273454 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4110 on: September 22, 2011, 05:09:46 pm »

It's in open beta right now where they occasionally turn the mode on for a few hours. They post announcements when they'll have another session.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:44 pm »

The champions I've seen constantly picked so far are:
- Gangplank (every game)
- Akali (every game)
- Ezreal
- Garen
- X^Z
- Irelia
I've seen a lot of Rammus and TF. It might be because they're free, but they do have some good mobility and harass to bring too. Oh I've seen Ashe too, and she's surprisingly good at defending.

Edit: Hehehe me as Karma with hextech sweeper, WotA, and all the components of frozen heart took three of them to dislodge from a point and was a hard counter to Akali's stealth.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:41:39 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: September 22, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »

So what is everyone's thoughts on the new summoners?

I haven't used Garrison yet, but I've been using promote a bit. With a slight lack of good spells for Dominion, it might have some use.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: September 22, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »

Garrisson is pretty nice, sort of like a double use Fortify which not only can snag you a kill or defend a point but can also weaken one when needed.Also in my opinion Tyrinda and Renekton do pretty beastly, Tyrind gets his ult pretty early on which will give you some nice kills and probably the advantage, and Rene, heck, he's just being Rene and is awesome at it :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: September 22, 2011, 07:01:15 pm »

So, what would be the proto-meta-game for Dominion right now ? Supports and squishy AP characters are a miss and bruisers lead the way, but how would one approach building a great team ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: September 22, 2011, 07:04:44 pm »

So, what would be the proto-meta-game for Dominion right now ? Supports and squishy AP characters are a miss and bruisers lead the way, but how would one approach building a great team ?
Have everyone pick Gangplank.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »

I heard teemo was pretty good for dominion, and I can see it. Mushrooms everywhere, speed boost, invisibility.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: September 22, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »

I heard teemo was pretty good for dominion, and I can see it. Mushrooms everywhere, speed boost, invisibility.

Teemo's invisibility should never really come into play... If you're standing around long enough for it to activate, you're doing it wrong. You want to be constantly killing/poking at a point/getting buffs/denying buffs/capturing/running to defend and intercept.

Oh, and Oracles is super cheap now. If invisible shit is annoying the enemy team enough, it's a super cheap purchase to be able to deal with it for the next 5 minutes.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »

Supports are definitely not a miss. They make great point holders and minion wave pushers and although minions have less weight, they still attract attention if they're taking a point. AP carries I haven't tried as much, but if you build a little tankier you should still do relatively well. It's a different playstyle and AD/tankier characters have a more obvious fit to the all-in offense that a lot of teams use.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:59:10 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: September 22, 2011, 07:42:24 pm »

Dominion is so much fun, the super-quick playstyle and constant PvE is pretty beast.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: September 22, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »

Dominion is so much fun, the super-quick playstyle and constant PvE is pretty beast.

PvP, you mean ?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: September 22, 2011, 08:50:09 pm »

Garen is pretty damn good on Dominion. At the start, buy lv1 boots and a chainmail, pop ghost and Q, run like fuck to the top point. After that, run around slapping people with the silence stick and spinning into anyone who looks at your points funny. Rush Sunfire, FoN, then Infinity Edge for damage. Speed Boots are the obvious choice. Start going for Atmas, but the game will probably end before you finish it. Or rather, end just as you're about to finish it.

Success.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: September 22, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »

Rammus is OP in dominion.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »

Dominion is goddamned intense. Just played a game as Kassadin. I mostly dueled with an enemy LeBlanc, but I didn't do too badly, I think. The rest of the team was usually down at bottom trying desperately to grab that bottom turret. I got wrecked by LeBlanc's early game burst, though. Later, when I could chase, LeBlanc died often. Except when she had a relic.

Also, is anyone getting the feeling that AD carries are perhaps a bit too much? I mean, they're focused around late-game, and Dominion, due to its capture point nature, almost always reaches late-game and quickly, too. So basically, early-game is about 5-10 minutes. You almost always need champions who can scale well into late-game or at the very least, hold their own.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:43:47 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

I think anyone you want to play will work well in Dominion provided you actually know how to play the champion.

Like I said before, skill makes a huuuuuge difference in this gamemode simply because farming is nonexistant. All the key aspects of skill play (positioning, map awareness, itemizing) are super exemplified when almost everyone is on the same playing field. There's no hyper farmed Cho Gath 4 levels higher than everyone else just roflstomping everyone here. Neither is there a zero farm super squishy support running around as a free kill. You can die 15 times and still have a good chance to kill anyone else. So just take whoever you want to play and enjoy.

I can only think of two champions that completely fail to work in this gamemode. Nasus and Veigar.

They should also do something about Warmogs, RoA, and all the Tear of the Goddess stuff.

Edit: I also wants waaaards!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1067