Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273807 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Talon, the Blade's Shadow - 1.0.0.124
« Reply #3765 on: September 06, 2011, 03:24:46 pm »

The old hotshotgg xin zhao build of boots, ghostblade, sword of the divine + tank stuff still works surprisingly well, just turn both actives and rush people with W and Q on. Seriously though, he's not in a great place right now. If you can play lee sin well, try out irelia (IE xin zhao 2.0 ultimate plus) or renekton (a skill intensive tanky dps like lee sin). Both of them can hold a solo lane, altough they can't jungle as well and xin zhao or lee sin.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:26:19 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: September 06, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »

Riot wants to remove Sivir's amazing pushing power =|

Why does Riot keep hating on different playstyles...

I think the only way to satisfy Morello and Zileas is to make 70 different versions of the same champion. They all look different but all have the same skills. Then there would be no anti-fun at all! Yay!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: September 06, 2011, 04:26:24 pm »

Morello and Zileans are silly, Guinsoo is the redneck from DotA allstars team who didn't do much of anything. DotA 2 team got the awesome guys.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: September 06, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »

Riot wants to remove Sivir's amazing pushing power =|
Links?

Or at least more info. Was it like Morello posting and vaguely referencing nerfing Sivir in the future or something like full on patch notes?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: September 06, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »

The voice is Phreak, but Phreak isn't in charge of balancing and champion design so... it's pointless to say it's his idea.

http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/13338/?p=1

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: September 06, 2011, 05:21:46 pm »

What's not exciting is when these two ideals butt heads: Sivir's most powerful gameplay is to split away from her team (remember this is a team game at its core and teamwork is a major focus of what we're trying to retain in LoL) and PvE the entire game. Both being a team game and a PvP game at its core, this goes against the core gameplay that players are looking for when they play LoL. Certainly LoL is strategic. Certainly there are important decision to make. But most gamers play LoL to go kill people and level up a sweet champion, not to attack turrets.

So what, you think everyone values their K/D ratio over winning the game? Wow, that does really explain all the autolock AD carry teams I've gotten over the months.

Seriously, what the hell. Are you saying that it's not team play to distract the enemy, bait them away and then have Sivir slip in and eat some turrets? What game are you playing? That requires more coordination then just getting into a fucking team fight.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: September 06, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »

That's what I mean. Riot can't understand people who like to play different ways. Everyone has to adhere to their style or bugger off.

Poor Sivir, she doesn't deserve this.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: September 06, 2011, 05:31:14 pm »

It does make some sense i think, and his quote at the end explains it pretty well i think.It's not terribly fun to watch a turret all the time instead of farming, jungling or ganking, because you know that the moment you step away here comes Sivir to rape the tower.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »

That's how this game works. You cannot please everyone all the time.

It's not fun for the enemy team to fight a hyper fed Singed (but it's very fun for Singed). It's not fun for the enemy when there's a TF / Pantheon who can appear at any time (but it's fun for TF / Pantheon). It's not fun to deal with a Tryndamere in a 50 minute game, but it's fun for Tryndamere.

The important part about balance is to recognize what exactly is toxic to gameplay that actively removes players completely (and not a mere 10 minute QQ). If it was so easy for Sivir to ruin games, everyone would be playing her (like old Twitch). How many Sivirs do we actually see? None! They're pre-emptively nerfing a problem that doesn't exist. This is why I'm sad.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »

What makes me sad is retards who are out to ruin games, like our Teemo, who completely fails, keeps feeding, calls the rest of the team stupid then starts to give advice about our builds.But he wasn't the only one, we also had a Morde/Ashe lane, by 35 minutes Ashe had her boots, a dorans blade and infinity edge with some 60 CS under her belt :I
Oh and Morde rushed gunblade for some reason.So it was really fun to be the one of two people on your team who had over 2k hp for most of the game -.-'
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: September 06, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »

You know what's fun? When the enemy has a Taric+Brand lane, but the Brand is such utter shit that he can only land a skill on a champion when they've been stunned by Taric. Otherwise, he just misses and gets his ass kicked. Bullshit auto-hit stun is bullshit. The two dicks would sit in the bush forever, just waiting for one of us to come close enough so they don't need to move their fat arses to kill us. Brand denied himself farm, that's how stupid he was, and we might have one the game because of it, if not for...

Our mid feeding their Lux, and it was Lasered-from-over-half-health time for everybody.

How the Lane Went: Taric stuns, Brand would open with his W (dumbass), stun again, E, and then run like a pussy if you somehow survived. I would fire skillshots into the bush, but eventually gave it up as pointless because it was pointless.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: September 06, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »

Oh Riot and your silly rotation.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: September 07, 2011, 03:29:18 am »

Thank god for Sivir changes.  No more Realmfighter trolling me by choosing Sivir in ranked games then getting eaten by the enemy team in seconds.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: September 07, 2011, 03:35:24 am »

I don't think I've ever lost a Sivir game before. But it's probably because I don't play her enough, so never actually ran into a team that knew how to stop me from farming.

I also haven't run into a Morde in lane yet either. Pretty sure he can rape Sivir. Oh god... Sivir ghost in teamfight... >.>

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:43 am »

I also haven't run into a Morde in lane yet either. Pretty sure he can rape Sivir. Oh god... Sivir ghost in teamfight... >.>

I was solo mid against Morde as Sivir once.

I still don't like to talk about it.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1067