Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274692 times)

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2610 on: August 05, 2011, 11:42:36 am »

Starting to discover the joys of being Gangplank. I've been trying heaps of builds, but I'm not happy with any of them yet. I know I dislike Tankplank, it's a big sign: "IGNORE ME". I've been looking to incorporate some lifesteal, but after buying the vamp. scepter the choices look so lackluster. I'm not fond of snowballing items -if you do well, it doesn't matter, and if you don't, it sucks- so Bloodthirster is out. I don't like the actives of Executioner's Calling & Bilgewater Cutlass, and while I like Wriggle's, by the time I can make it, it feels useless. Is it my train of thought, or are the choices a bit lackluster?

(Late twenties, still working on runes, so usually no jungling in my games and I'm not that practiced in it)

PS: I hate Heimerdinger. Especially on my team. Especially in my lane. Stealing my last hits and pushing like a baws.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 05, 2011, 11:44:11 am »

I had a dream last night that I was playing Singed and couldn't get any last hits.
Shoes...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 05, 2011, 11:51:11 am »

That's... basically what I've done. I only have about 11 games recorded on my account and I've been 30 for a few months now. Feel free to check out my account to see what it looks like.

how many games it took to get to lvl 30?

I really have no idea. I could give you a rough estimate of time it took, but it'd be mostly worthless because it went through all of the different bot game iterations in the game so far (been playing since all champs were free) which means at least 3 or 4 xp/game iterations. The xp/ip per bot game is the highest it's been so far I think, so you'd be much better off than I was (especially if the first win bonus is xp as well as ip, I don't remember). Plus low level accounts get biiig bonuses, although I'm also not sure if this applies to xp or just ip.

Edit: This could be useful for figuring it out though: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_(Summoner)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:52:56 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 05, 2011, 01:34:02 pm »

Starting to discover the joys of being Gangplank. I've been trying heaps of builds, but I'm not happy with any of them yet. I know I dislike Tankplank, it's a big sign: "IGNORE ME". I've been looking to incorporate some lifesteal, but after buying the vamp. scepter the choices look so lackluster. I'm not fond of snowballing items -if you do well, it doesn't matter, and if you don't, it sucks- so Bloodthirster is out. I don't like the actives of Executioner's Calling & Bilgewater Cutlass, and while I like Wriggle's, by the time I can make it, it feels useless. Is it my train of thought, or are the choices a bit lackluster?

(Late twenties, still working on runes, so usually no jungling in my games and I'm not that practiced in it)

PS: I hate Heimerdinger. Especially on my team. Especially in my lane. Stealing my last hits and pushing like a baws.
This:

Start with boots + 3 pots. Trinity Force > IE > Vampiric Sceptre > Phantom Dancer > gg

Also, Bloodthirster is a good item. It has great stats at base and the bonus stats from farming just make it even better than it already is. It's not a stacking item in the same sense as Mejai.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 05, 2011, 01:36:07 pm »

This:

Start with boots + 3 pots. Trinity Force > IE > Vampiric Sceptre > Phantom Dancer > gg

Also, Bloodthirster is a good item. It has great stats at base and the bonus stats from farming just make it even better than it already is. It's not a stacking item in the same sense as Mejai.

Don't you get stacks on it from killing anything, minions included?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 05, 2011, 01:58:46 pm »

People, wishes come true.

Second to last game I was the only one to go positive and not get ganked all the time(all attempts on me failed). So I wished that I would be the weak link next time, but to at least win.
Last game, I went 1/5/4 and got 30 cs. Our Trynda and Orianna got horribly fed and could propably have aced the entire enemy team by themselves. Easily won the game.

Magic! I think I sucked all the fail into myself.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 05, 2011, 02:00:22 pm »

Is it? Shame's on me then.

Cue: "L2READ NAB". ><

And, thanks, will try it. Usually went boots/pots -> IE -> TF -> Vamp. -> Atma / Last Whisper / Banshee
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 05, 2011, 03:08:21 pm »

What makes a man call his teammates idiots, and then be suprised when no-one comes to his aid when he gets isolated?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 05, 2011, 03:12:51 pm »

What makes a teammate watch his teammate die while at full health?

I have no idea, but I always get paired with the "first time x" people. I swear, they must suck at every character, because a full health fiddles against a half and fifth health anyone should be able to kill AT LEAST one person.

Especially if they had helped earlier, when I was taking all the damage.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 05, 2011, 03:39:22 pm »

Holy God almighty. Taric is the best support. 3/3/24 and I helped enable some of Yi's earliest kills.
Also often called Boowells.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 05, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

Goddamn some people are bad.

Level 30 TF gets owned by a twitch with 26 wins. Smurf most likely, but he kept getting killed. Minions get to the fighting, FIRST BLOOD! Barely won......even though their mumu DCed before the game even started. Would have been a stomp for them otherwise.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 05, 2011, 04:05:45 pm »

Holy God almighty. Taric is the best support. 3/3/24 and I helped enable some of Yi's earliest kills.

Taric is good, but Jana is best support. I <3 Jana.

One of the problems is everyone expects Taric to go aura slut, but that is actually a really bad build for him. His heal is too AP dependant. I think Jana has a higher base/lower ratio, but I could be way off.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 05, 2011, 04:26:49 pm »

Does anyone want to see Umi get killed by a Soraka and Sivir, and me failing to fight a Kayle because I couldn't tell where to land my Q?

Also, some epic rape of all kinds.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 05, 2011, 04:39:57 pm »

Do you have problems with tanky dps like Jarman?
Do you wish to put Irelia in a soup can and feed her to Baron Nashor?
Do you want to only press ONE BUTTON and win all games?

Then do I have the champion for you!

Pick Garen and you'll love the way you look. I Garen-tee it!

Commando Garen raping Commando Jarman completely and utterly: http://www.mediafire.com/?av884t37aah7c50
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:17 pm »

This was a fun game, though Heimer was such bullshit to deal with in lane. Any tips for how to do it as Akali, besides going and finding someone less irritating?

Oh, and my friend with the Dumb!Soraka took starcall at first level, which I why they didn't heal (and save) me when Poppy and Heimer went for the kill. : |
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 1067