Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275276 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1905 on: July 22, 2011, 09:30:58 pm »

I am very despondent about so many people instalocking Mordekaiser. Having finally tried Mordekaiser myself...holy shit, he is powerful. How the hell are people getting such terrible terrible TERRIBLE scores with him? He tanks shit and blows turrets up as soon as he gets a Children of the Grave on you. I've seen so many retarded Mordekaisers INITIATING with the ultimate.

Maokai is very fun. His early/midgame is quite powerful, but you need to stomp the enemy into submission midgame or else they WILL become more powerful than you once everybody finishes their build. At that point, hope to God your team is relatively competent because that ultimate is nothing to scoff at. (although I did, at first. 20% doesn't seem like a lot. :-\)

morde es #1 huehuehuehuehue

Nah, nah.  Morde's got no CC, no escape, no mobility, no closer.  He's good against goofballs but people who know what to do won't have any trouble.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:26 pm »

Westrice is the cutest pro LoL player.

That is all.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 22, 2011, 11:18:32 pm »

Is this real life?

EDIT:  Should've covered up his name as a courtesy.  I just went through some of his other games.  My favorite is when he rocked Tear, two Zeals, and Negatron as Ryze.  What a champ.
I once saw an Akali stacking boots.

And only boots.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:36 pm »

I saw a Gangplank stacking boots because someone else on the team was carrying amazingly hard.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: July 22, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »

Some people just wanna trollbuild like dumbasses. Not even creative with their trolling.

Edit: Champion spotlight: Kayle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-Y6jawdHM&feature=player_embedded

Looks kinda bad... Hrm...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 23, 2011, 01:03:23 am »

For those who don't know about Renekton Bot:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=977584
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 23, 2011, 01:32:25 am »

Eh, she looks more sustainable, if anything. Kayle was never weak, she was actualy a snowball carry, except that her early game was pretty bad and she needed expensive items to achieve full power. Her early game was so abyssmal that unless you got fed you NEVER achieved endgame potential with her, and her mana costs were ridiculous. I'll have to test her myself before I say anything serious about it though :S

I still think they could have made her ultimate a little better though, it feels very gimmicky :I, also could use a cooldown update.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 23, 2011, 01:45:50 am »

Eh, she looks more sustainable, if anything. Kayle was never weak, she was actualy a snowball carry, except that her early game was pretty bad and she needed expensive items to achieve full power. Her early game was so abyssmal that unless you got fed you NEVER achieved endgame potential with her, and her mana costs were ridiculous. I'll have to test her myself before I say anything serious about it though :S

I still think they could have made her ultimate a little better though, it feels very gimmicky :I, also could use a cooldown update.
Can't really tell because we don't have the numbers yet, but it looks like she could be pretty op.
If the passive is a big number, which it probably will be with how awesome her old passive was, that could completely destroy someone, now that it works with her whole team.

"With max CDR I'll be able to keep righteous furt 100% of the time" 'nuff said.

Can't really tell, because it doesn't seem he ever melee'd, but if she got a new AAAnimation, her farming could be easier.

The dps might not be as high without her old passive, but I guess it depends on the numbers.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 23, 2011, 01:48:57 am »

Actually, Kayle early game was pretty freaking scary. Most people just don't know how to play her.

Still haven't lost a game as her. Carried every single one.

Early game I would play like Warwick. Focus on last hitting and Q'ing anyone that got close. Once I got my gunblade, the game was basically over.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 23, 2011, 01:55:58 am »

Actually, Kayle early game was pretty freaking scary. Most people just don't know how to play her.

Still haven't lost a game as her. Carried every single one.

Early game I would play like Warwick. Focus on last hitting and Q'ing anyone that got close. Once I got my gunblade, the game was basically over.
Yeah, all the games I play as Kayle, I end up completely destroying my lane too.
Might just be enemies though.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 23, 2011, 02:12:18 am »

While recogning and righteous fury were aways pretty scary, you couldn't keep it up cause of the absurd mana costs, you were forced to buy her mana early game to sustain her abilities in lane, not to mention the cooldowns were pretty annoying. Compared to other old champions, her early game was considerably bad. In order to reach endgame facerape potential you had to farm alot and go straight up offensive and rely on your heal and ultimate for sustain, which meant that a non optimal early game would ruin her through the whole thing. Since she is (was?) a snowball carry, if you got a good early game with her you were pretty much set, if you got countered you'd be useless until you reedemed yourself with CS. She's like Jax, a mess of an AD/AP hybrid which either works really well or fails, except she's worse then Jax because he is probably the first tanky DPS in the game and gets progressively harder to kill even if he doesn't build a single defensive item. Gonna really miss her old passive though, her new one better be really good.

What makes old champions seem bad is not that they're actualy bad, but because they were designed with another metagame in mind, one in which you spent a long time farming then became a monster in the late game. When champions started being more consistent, the older champions started getting more unpopular since they could be countered by champions who are alot stronger in the early game, and some of these didn't even get weaker as the time went by (remember pre-nerf xin zhao?).

Now that she supposedly has a more consistent and sustainable early game, she'll be alot more viable against the current tanky DPS metagame. Hell, I'm happy enough they changed her model and animations, Kayle's were probably some of my least favorite ones, with only anivia having worse animations in my opinion. Plus, her old model looked sort of unpolished. Too bad she still a lame voice :C

Now I just hope that Sivir, Morgana and Mundo get some love sometime soon. Morgana also suffers from abyssmal cooldowns, Sivir is outdated as hell and Mundo just feels out of place after his nerfs.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:49:27 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 23, 2011, 03:03:35 am »

Kayle's early game capability doesn't come from Righteous Fury.

It comes from her running around with 100AD and 70AP at level 1 and the obscene damage from Reckoning.

Anyway, I'm curious if the Armour / MR reduction works like Black Cleaver + Malady. Because if it did, that's be pretty freaking scary. Also curious if it works on the splash damage to apply to the whole team.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 23, 2011, 04:58:07 am »

I've recently bought Trundle and Cho'gath. Both very fun to play.

Feast: No-one sees it coming. :3

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 23, 2011, 05:36:18 am »

Feast: Everyone sees it coming. They just have no way to deal with it. XD

And yeah, I'm 2-0 in Ranked 5s with Le Bonk.

That's because 2 times I've chosen her as a counterpick to a caster - first a Kassadin, second an Annie.

Being level 4 Annie against a level 6 Le Bonk is not fun for them, I expect. It's just REALLY important that you be on Vent with your team so you can COORDINATE THEM GETTING THE KILLS INSTEAD OF YOU. A lot of being a good Le Bonk is knowing when you are no longer entitled to receive kills at any point (hint: 20 minute mark).

Also knowing that it's your job to build glass cannony and sacrifice yourself to fuck over their Annie if you really have to.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 23, 2011, 07:24:26 am »

I think I personally become more invested in a character when I get a skin for them. It's just an innate morale boost. It might also slightly intimidate the enemy but that's just pure speculation. I know that when I see champions like Singed, Warwick, Trundle, Urgot etc. with skins... I piss my pants.

Surfer Singed, man. Scariest thing in LoL to see on the enemy team.

Aw hell naw, that's pink taric.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 1067