Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269364 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15870 on: September 14, 2017, 09:45:34 am »

So the Invasion game mode is out, a co-operative PvE challenge. Some useful tips here. I'm a bit less excited about the rewards, you can get either a ward skin or a random champion permanent (you don't already own) if you complete 4 missions - these are a bit of a pain because running a 5 man pre-made is necessary for most of them. The new client still lacks the ability to create and join chat rooms, so you have to use third party apps like discord - here's a link to the LFG Invasion thread on reddit.

A couple of small but notable changes in recent patches - as of 7.15 you can bind left-click to attack move. I tried it out, there are some side effects - anything that required a left click previously will now only work with shift-left click.
Also, there is now an "enemy has vision here" ping - it's unassigned by default so you will have assign a key to it in settings.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15871 on: September 30, 2017, 10:30:10 am »

current patch is 7.19 with 7.20 on PBE already.

some stuff that has changed since:

-Xin Zhao hability rework

-Azir hability rework (seems more like just a few changes)

-Nexus Siege is the currenty rotatory mode

-Beekeeper Singed skin

-Arclight Yorick skin

-a new set of wind weapon themed skins for Fiora, Master Yi and Janna

-Supergalaxy Annie, Nidalee, Gnar and Elise skins (in PBE)

-the new Runes/Masteries system (in PBE, its supposed to come with the preseason)

-Evelynn Rework (in PBE too)

EDIT:

forgot to mention that Rito has been submitting a series of comics in the Universe page. Darius (and Draven), Nami, Ziggs (and Jinx......and Heimerdinger), the lastest comic came yesterday and its about Miss Fortune.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:39:45 am by xaritscin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:23 pm »

The Eve rework is dumpster tier, by the by. It'd be funny, but it's honestly sad how bad she'll be if this rework gets pushed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: September 30, 2017, 09:26:01 pm »

New Evelyn kicks ass once she hits 6, before that she's kinda useless. I'm going to miss cheesing people with full lethality into crit evelyn, had a lot of fun doing that all the time. She looks interesting at least, the ults infinitely more useful than her current one.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: October 12, 2017, 03:48:33 pm »

patch is up, you can now test the new Evelynn (if its not capped already).

riot has to do something with the damage creep of some champions. carrying with Urgot is really enjoyable when possible but something isnt right when you get stomped by a gnar. i can understand getting stomped by darius because he's more powerfull in duels. but i get the lead over the gnar in the early game then get the table turned somehow because this little shit gets an steroid and can still apply damage and tank mine even under thornmail effects. im the fucking dreadnought goddamit.

it just doesnt make sense that this guy gets to win me in 1v1 when im supposed to be a colossus type champion.

now there's brand but i dont really say much about brand because he's broken since release and gets exaggerated damage even with a small lead. cant deal with that damage creep.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15875 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:28 pm »

Everything in Gnars kit is telographed, making them relatively easy to dodge if you can tell they're coming ie he just killed cannon and he's suddenly aiming at you, he's angling himself towards a clear lane away from minions etc. As his bar gets red, just walk away, he's definitely going to engage hardcore then. When he comes out, reengage instantly, not much is squishier than a mini gnar. Haven't played new Urgot yet, so I don't know how he feels into gnar, but god damn do I have his ult. The rest of his kits fun to fight and takes some prep and setup, then his ults just a free win in any fight for now reason.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: October 12, 2017, 08:36:16 pm »

i mostly build tankish with black cleaver as the only damage item. urgot doesnt require much mana since its rework so no manamune anymore, this opens to go with other items, sometimes i go iceborn gauntlet because of the sheen procs. right now im starting first with thornmail and ninja tabi because of many attack reliant champions in top lane.

i can dodge the boomerang, i can chain EWQ with R and Ignite against him and stomp him in early game, but he gets the lead anyways even in the worst scenario, that shouldnt happen. did he tank out? no, the asshole started building cleaver when i have like 200-300 armor and a shield, and even with the effects of thornmail the guy shoves the damage and win the trade anyways. that's bullshit.

and it gets worst because not only the champion deals a lot of damage just by doing basic attacks but also builds tank so you cant do anything anyways for the rest of the match because he hits hard and tanks hard. you shouldnt be able to do that, either you invest in damage and are squishy or invest in tank and dont do much. that little shit gets both without penalty of anything because his passive gives him extra range and has a movement speed steroid. thats plain bad design.

AD items have gotten out of hand in this game. i can shove a mages damage easily, but somehow, a Yasuo can be feeding in toplane against my full tank yorick then suddenly, that doesnt matter anymore because the asshole built lifesteal or infinity edge and my armor and debufs dont do anything.

that's plainly unfair, how come mages have to struggle with someone going with galio but AD reliant champions have free pass over tanks. that's unhealthy.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: October 12, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »

my build is usually:

tabi/mercs
iceborn/thornmail
visage/maw
corrupting potion
black cleaver
bloodthirster/death's dance

the last 2 are usually left as a bonus because by the time i can invest in them i've already won the match. he can tank enough and apply enough damage to not require lifesteal, a combo of EWQ (or QWE, QEW) with R as execute and ignite just in case (because his ult is as unreliable as Mordekaiser's so you have to make sure to cash in that execute).

for starting i mix items, if going against and AD champion like Jayce i go cloth + 2 charge potion (dont remember its name) and play always safe, then start building tanky, if he's more about habilities i go iceborn, if he's basic attacks then thornmail. if going against AP i go doran shield/sword with biscuits. then start building maw or visage. the real deal is getting the cleaver ready, usually as second item.

also i take my time to buy reds and get the blue trinket because well, map control.

worst matches have been shen, gnar, darius and garen. shen and gnar have that bullshit life percentage damage and morbid tanking potential, darius is well, darius. and garen just doesnt die unless he gets focused in teamfights.

rest of the roster usually gets stomped in toplane from what i've seen in silver, Nasus and Jax do their thing lategame but that can be dealt with in teamfights.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: October 13, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

Gnar gets extra power because he has weaknesses.
Simple really.
He is predictable, and Usually takes a weaker form.

Urgot is weak to teamfights, but Gnar is an all-in-one teamfight.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:49 pm »

im gonna stay in the backline for the rest of the season i think. im getting more wins playing supports than going top/mid. already got demoted to Silver IV and climbed up again today. i was fearing that league of ardent censer would wreck me but turns out i can still use my usual picks, except for poppy (or it was because the enemy picked galio and twitch, oh well).

i'ven ever used the ardent censer actually but turns out kayle and nidalee can benefit from it for weird support potential. now if only i could pull my shaco/teemo support potential.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: October 17, 2017, 05:04:04 pm »

"After a lot of explorations we’ve settled on who our next big VGU will be after Swain: none other than the Will of the Blades herself, Irelia. Irelia has long been very high on our list of champions with huge untapped potential, and players have been requesting it more now as well. Her thematic fantasy promises a highly agile warrior that uses multiple telekinetic blades to vanquish her foes. Yet, outside of her ultimate, she doesn’t really have any abilities that are delivering on that fantasy, and even her current ult falls a bit flat compared to modern champion designs. Her kit is very reliable, which leads to uninteresting stat checks and makes her more snowball reliant than she should be."

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/10/champion-roadmap-october-2017/

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: October 17, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »

Swain is looking good from the teasers. cannot wait to see how much they changed it. i still hope the keep the crow thing, maybe more similar to Fiddle in that regard. old Beatrice was cool but he needs a flock of them, not just a single bird.

Irelia looks like its gonna be cool, and Aatrox well, i hope they hit the spot this time.

now the new champ has me speculating if its gonna be a new yordle. Kled was like a 50/50, he's not bad, but against the current picks in toplane the cavalier has issues to keep up. i think its gonna be a yordle because we rarely see one each year, and Bandle city hasnt been touched up in terms of lore so far. they may hit the place now. also, its a light and bubbles based mage, sounds too whimsicall to be human.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:03:23 pm by xaritscin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: October 17, 2017, 10:09:03 pm »

Of course the Irelia rework is really just an excuse to nerf her. While adding approximately 54267 narrow straight-line skillshots.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: October 20, 2017, 05:48:59 am »

Re: Worlds - today's quarterfinal is shaping up to be an epic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vods here

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: October 20, 2017, 06:04:22 am »

My baby Leona got picked? At worlds??? Oh god I can't wait to watch that, not an SKT fan but that sounds like some fun matches.

Also, has a date been said for the preseason yet? I'm getting myself too hyped to try them, especially things like the new Grasp on Sion... And a bunch of weird things, like Electrocute Twitch.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:08:08 am by StagnantSoul »
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1067