Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269641 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15435 on: February 14, 2016, 07:07:02 pm »

Well he does this every now and then, nothing new, nothing suprising really.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: February 14, 2016, 07:09:29 pm »

Yeah, so this has nothing to do with Dominion, it's just the axe you have to grind with Riot. Honestly, it looks like you came in here just to get a good rant about them in.

...i tried to make a dumb, light-hearted joke and you decided to defend the shittiest F2P company in the business in a way that encouraged me to respond. I was actually sorta hoping I wouldn't go on a rant, which only tends to happen if I have to think about Riot for too long because anyone who doesn't stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalala" over it would see pretty quickly how utterly awful they are, being a company built on the husk of a game they tried to kill and spending most of their time trying to get 12-year-olds to part with their parents' money for gameplay advantage.

Like, this is the only thing that gets me actually mad, that anyone would think these people are actually defensible.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:13:23 pm by Putnam »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: February 14, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »

I wonder what it is about heavy Dota 2 players that incites them so much about anything to do with LoL. I play Dota occasionally, but I think I haven't hit the playtime benchmark where the super secret indoctrination happens.

Riot does a lot of things questionably at best and downright idiotic at worst, but shittiest in the business? Totally undefensible about anything ever? Those are pretty hefty claims.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: February 14, 2016, 08:24:00 pm »

Near as I can tell, it's basically the equivalent of football hooliganism/sports team obsession/etc. It's not really an artifact of playing a certain amount of DotA2 as it is just certain folk's personalities.

If HoN (or HotS, or whatever) was all that existed for an alternative to DotA 2, you'd probably see the same behavior. In this case, it's mostly focused on LoL largely just because LoL's the main competitor/largest alternative.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:28 pm »

...And because Riot took down Dota's biggest forum and replaced it with an advertisement for League of Legends, yeah. When I say "indefensible", that's what I mean. Imagine if Toady were to take down the entire site and replace it with an ad for Gnomoria, it's about the same. It doesn't take hoolaginism to say that that's awful.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: February 14, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »

P, you've said yourself the main reason you fixate on LoL is pretty much specifically so you have something to complain about. That's pretty much textbook hooliganism, just replace LoL with "Name of primarily disliked sports team". It's not a matter of whether the side being fixated on has done awful things or not, it's about how the person in question is acting in regards to them.

Case in point, does what you're talking about have absolutely anything to do with the discussion that was brought up here? Pretty much nothing you've talked about since you bludgeoned your way into the thread again has had anything to do with the point that was being discussed, nor are you really saying anything substantiative about the game itself (and that hand in hand with parroting stuff that's somewhere between gross misrepresentation and outright lies).
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: February 14, 2016, 09:23:55 pm »

See, I'd be down with that if you were just hating on the scumbags at Riot who actually did all this shit, I'd be happy. Certain of their original staff deserve every scrap of the hate.

On an unrelated point, had a Pantheon ARAM a bit ago. Fights were going both ways, they were down to their Nexus, we were down to our Nexus towers. We fought mid, and instead of helping I ulted to their Nexus and beat it down. After the game the enemy players said that right up until the game ended they thought my team had said GG because we'd lost the fight. Didn't tell my team before I did it, either. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: February 15, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »

The thing is, there was a very, very small number of people who played nothing but dominion. I enjoyed dominion as an occasional quickie, but there are people who only played league for dominion.

;(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: March 17, 2016, 08:49:29 pm »

So now that there's "clubs", any plans for a B12 club?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: March 17, 2016, 08:59:09 pm »

... wasn't there a club for a while? That... AD CDR weapon. Think it used to build into black cleaver or somethin'?

Are these new ones something we can hit people with?
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: March 18, 2016, 08:35:56 am »

Not sure if you guys just taking the piss or what.... ???

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:45 am »

Probably a 'lil bit.

Re: The actual question, I haven't paid enough attention to LoL lately to have any idea what that is. Guessing a clan/group/etc. type thing. Insofar as personal interest goes, I'd... probably hop on one the next time I played, if one existed? It could be months before that happens again, though >_>

For what it's worth, there does seem to be a few people still fairly active, if the fact that my friends list from years back still had people alive when I played a bit a few months back. They're probably doing their own thing, but there's at least some B12 folks still (semi) regularly rolling around, so... there might be the bodies for it. Maybe.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: March 18, 2016, 09:21:34 am »

Yeah, it's pretty much a clan/guild thing.

HedgehogOfTrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: March 18, 2016, 04:43:57 pm »

Anyone up for teaming up on EUwest? Haven't played in ages as I don't know anyone playing on that server.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: March 20, 2016, 10:43:00 am »

For what it's worth I've created Bay 12 clubs on EUW (dazahk) and NA (RonaldMiasma) - I've sent out a few invites based on a combination of google doc and friends list.
 Incidentally, I got my NA account up to level 30 and tried a bit of dynamic soloqueue: after about 15 games queueing for jungle/fill I've had 14 support games and one top. I'm in bronze 2 and my win rate is only at about 30% so obviously I'm the worst player ever - that said, there may be something to the theory that you ought to avoid support/fill roles like the plague if you're playing soloqueue in bronze (and want to win). You will tend to get matchmade with duo/trioqueue players that have purposely avoided picking support, who perhaps don't value the concepts of co-operation and teamwork quite as much.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1067