Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269714 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15375 on: January 29, 2016, 12:33:47 pm »

Those are all good, but Taric ejaculatingdying is still the best sound I've heard in League
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: January 29, 2016, 01:08:38 pm »

French Rammus
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: January 29, 2016, 08:16:55 pm »

I can't wait till I can change the voiceovers to Japanese.

I can be outcast by the anime kids for playing League, and by the League kids for having anime voices on my League.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:10 pm »

Playing league for the first time in, like, a year, year and a half? Something like that. Playing ARAM more than once for the first time in ever.

... this is actually kinda' enjoyable. Mundo stronk (except when the enemy team is basically entirely CC and you spend 85% of the game stunned (along with the rest of your team, that match was brutal)), soraka is amazing. Sion appears to be complete shit in ARAM, and... I really don't like the changes he got, ha though the minion projectile is kinda' amusing. It and his new passive are the only things I like about 'im now :V Gangplank's pretty fun on it, though those new (well, new relative to the last time I played the guy) barrels are... clumsy. Good for mind games and bush checking, though. And a bit of extra damage in melee, later on. Wish shiv procs would hit it, would make parrrley silly nice for cooking them off at range...

... but yeah, not too terrible an experience. Gonna' play some more~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: January 31, 2016, 03:10:22 pm »

Glad you're having fun, man. Just don't trick yourself into going back into solo queue.

re: Sion: He's in a good place right now. Post-rework he was nastily OP, but they tuned most of the annoying stuff. As it stands he's got a lot of innate damage, a few tricks, and can get really tanky. Most importantly, though, people who don't play him actually know what he does now, beyond "I think he has a stun? Maybe?"  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: January 31, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »

the titanic hydra surely made him more deadly. going ADC with him became easier since i can exploit his infinite health scaling in order to buff the damage. using Q+W to farm minions is easier though. but the splash damage along with the farming buff to statikk will make ADC Sion less dependant on his habilites so i can save them for other stuff.

feels good man.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:37:45 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: January 31, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »

Dunno what's so hard to understand, ha. You've got an aoe stun cone that can't actually stun anyone with two brain cells (unless you've got someone else running CC, I guess, and I suppose it's got that slow, too, but landing the damned thing is...), you got the same shield (that gets immediately popped in ARAM, and I never liked, anyway), you've got the minion toss (which is actually nice, though the non-minion effect is... not that impressive), and you've got... the ult. I don't really have words for the ult. I mean, technically it's a stun? But it's... very telegraphed, and very irritating to actually aim. Trying to curve around a turret on the abyss ended up with me ramming into the wall instead (and more or less in the middle of the enemy team). Passive's neat, though even with the speed buff talent it's... not easy to get in range of anyone. And in ARAM, there's probably friends nearby to CC/nuke you. Does usually get folks to scramble around, though, which is nice.

... basically, the maybe is because he never actually lands a stun, even though he has two :V Can see him being good in SR or somethin', but the abyss seems like it's pretty much his worst-case scenario. Just about the only thing he actually gets to consistently use there seems to be the E...

Though... going ADC sion in the abyss seems like it would just be flat suicide. You can't build the stacks to get infinite health, and that shield is about the only thing that stops you from just getting flat wrecked. Well, slows down the process.

No worries about tricking myself into going back into solo queue, though. I never played solo queue to begin with :P This is the first time I've played actual PvP instead of co-op vs ai since... probably the first handful of games I played, years ago -- I'd wager I've played <10 PvP SR or dominion games, heh, despite playing LoL off and on pretty much since the first year it went public. Also the load time for anything except the abyss on this computer is just shit, complete and total shit. Game could really stand a preload option of some sort.

E: P.S. I am freaking terrible at playing kayle :(

Somehow ended up with 2nd in kills and assists on my team, though. Also most deaths >_> 10/13/25 Pretty sure I just accidentally KS'd a lot...

also just noticed they changed will of the ancients. Whoops. I think I've built that thing three times without noticing it's not an aura item anymore...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:15:44 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15382 on: January 31, 2016, 04:13:20 pm »

That's the thing with Sion though. He might not be the most effective in terms of his skills but because he's not so oftenly seen and the general appearance of his abilities he scares the shit out of the other team.

Seriously, even if you don't land your ult you probably disrupted their ranks simply by forcing them to split apart or bunch up to avoid it. Same with the Q, people usually scramble to get out of the AoE if they can, ignoring most other things that are happening around them or to them.

Anyways, after some fucking about, I'm bronze 1 now. Which is what I actually wanted, climbing the ladder like this is kinda fun at times. Tho it usually gets shitty at silver 1/gold 5 tier.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: January 31, 2016, 04:22:15 pm »

There is that... time I ended up with 'im had a lot of ranged/strong poke characters, iirc (Yeah... other team was nami/cho/leblanc/kog/rengar), which may have contributed to my opinion of the Q. They did tend to step back/to the side, but then they all shot me in the face and I died :V

In retrospect, I was fairly disruptive in that sense, it just didn't really end up doing much. Still really don't like the q, though. Be nice if you could move around while charging it or somethin', heh.

E: That... that. ~28 minute game, 83/69/173. I have no idea how the hell to play morde now (first time with the rework), but apparently whatever I was doing was contributing well enough to have about a 50/50 chance of helping to wipe the entire enemy team. Also there were times where as near as I could tell every opponent on the map was wailing on me and I... wasn't dying. I have no idea why. The other half, our side got wiped. Also defaulting to getting aura items as a melee character seems... effective, in ARAM? If you have no idea what the zog you're doing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:12:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15384 on: January 31, 2016, 05:31:24 pm »

Dunno what's so hard to understand, ha. You've got an aoe stun cone that can't actually stun anyone with two brain cells (unless you've got someone else running CC, I guess, and I suppose it's got that slow, too, but landing the damned thing is...), you got the same shield (that gets immediately popped in ARAM, and I never liked, anyway), you've got the minion toss (which is actually nice, though the non-minion effect is... not that impressive), and you've got... the ult. I don't really have words for the ult. I mean, technically it's a stun? But it's... very telegraphed, and very irritating to actually aim. Trying to curve around a turret on the abyss ended up with me ramming into the wall instead (and more or less in the middle of the enemy team). Passive's neat, though even with the speed buff talent it's... not easy to get in range of anyone. And in ARAM, there's probably friends nearby to CC/nuke you. Does usually get folks to scramble around, though, which is nice.

... basically, the maybe is because he never actually lands a stun, even though he has two :V Can see him being good in SR or somethin', but the abyss seems like it's pretty much his worst-case scenario. Just about the only thing he actually gets to consistently use there seems to be the E...

Though... going ADC sion in the abyss seems like it would just be flat suicide. You can't build the stacks to get infinite health, and that shield is about the only thing that stops you from just getting flat wrecked. Well, slows down the process.

No worries about tricking myself into going back into solo queue, though. I never played solo queue to begin with :P This is the first time I've played actual PvP instead of co-op vs ai since... probably the first handful of games I played, years ago -- I'd wager I've played <10 PvP SR or dominion games, heh, despite playing LoL off and on pretty much since the first year it went public. Also the load time for anything except the abyss on this computer is just shit, complete and total shit. Game could really stand a preload option of some sort.

E: P.S. I am freaking terrible at playing kayle :(

Somehow ended up with 2nd in kills and assists on my team, though. Also most deaths >_> 10/13/25 Pretty sure I just accidentally KS'd a lot...

also just noticed they changed will of the ancients. Whoops. I think I've built that thing three times without noticing it's not an aura item anymore...
Sion's actually in a pretty good state, in my opinion. His Q is very easy to land if you're using any of your other CC before it, and it can very easily force an opponent to move from an area you don't want them to be in. Did you know you can press his Q again to launch it early? Becomes really hard to dodge if you drop it at the first second it knocks anyone up, and even before that it's an AOE slash which means that you can still deal some damage on someone you know can get out in time.
His W, in my opinion, is best to level it late game, and let it scale with any of the tank stats you've built by then. Let's you shake off quite a lot of damage.

I'm of the opinion that the ult isn't the most useful thing in the world, because to actually use it effectively, your positioning will likely guarantee your death in that scenario.
If you're feeling cheesy, and your opponent builds early game armor, leveling E first is quite amusing. Seeing an enemy teleporting under tower at 1/5th of their health and sniping them with E for the kill is quite satisfying!
But yeah, the big part of sion's strength is just how disruptive he can be, especially in a teamfight. Careful about overusing his abilities in lane, though. He runs out of mana rather fast if you do.
For general usage of abilities: E for poke, Q for punishing someone's positioning. Sion is very good at punishing bad positioning and awareness.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:33:47 pm by iceball3 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: January 31, 2016, 05:43:40 pm »

ARAM, ice, ARAM. It's all team fight all the time, and you won't live long enough to run out of mana :V

And yeah, know you can cancel out of the q to trigger it early. I don't have the technical capabilities to actually get it just as it reaches stun-mode, heh, but yeah, kicked it off early quite often -- most of the time it was the only way to actually hit anyone with it, and the rest of the time it was to (try, and usually fail) get out of the way of enemy skillshots and whatnot.

... also what other CC? He's just got q and the ult, right? I guess you mean kit-based? You can conceivably use it after ult, but in ARAM you... usually don't get to do anything else after you ult, unless you're cleaning up. Sion's ult pattern in ARAM is roughly ult->stun enemy/miss->get dogpiled by the rest of the enemy team and die->try and fail to kill someone with the passive. You could try to get the q off, but... yeah. Usually you don't live long enough to do more than rapid-fire it. You're probably not going to live for a full second once you go in with the ult :P

E: Ooh, right, there's a slow on the minion punt. Was usually way too far off to capitalize on it in ARAM, though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:47:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: January 31, 2016, 06:13:24 pm »

-snip-
The "not understanding" bit was about pre-rework Sion.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: January 31, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »

Oooh. Yeah, I could see that. It always kinda' felt like folks were surprised by how much the dude was chunking their health for...

In other news, rumble in the abyss was pretty delicious. Took a while to get going, but once it got going...

E: Eeehehehe, just scored a 56 to 80 win. Rengar on the other team with 39 kills, playing swain for the first time in my life :V

Ended up going almost full tank, 'cause rengar basically oneshot me like five times. Thornmail/banshee's/aegis, ended up killing their core with a teammate while being wailed on ineffectually by a hecarim :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:06:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: January 31, 2016, 08:27:55 pm »

most people ignored the warcry when he ulted so they would die easily, more experienced players would know that the moment he growled it was the moment you had to GTFO or to supress him. that if he was AD sion, if it was AP sion you know you had to keep distance or else you would get nuked with stun+shield.

yeah ADC Sion in ARAM is suicidal. its something that can only be done if you have a solo lane or in the jungle (devourer as enchant, but you may have to change from titanic to ravenous hydra to compensate the lack of lifesteal, its still works i think).

ADC Sion relies hard on his health stacking minigame in order to excell, the good thing is that Q and W are really good farming tools and you can invest the gold into more damage while getting tankier without having to buy a single defensive item (guardian angel or zz'rot do the job really well).

the good thing with this is that the enemy will have issues trying to remove you from lane, since you can end with the minion waves just by using two habilities. after you get the additional items it gets better since you wont be spending too much mana on farm. the bad news is that unlike the original ADC Sion, you dont get as much AS as you did before, a BotRK + Statikk + Berserker Greaves may give you a good AS steroid but dont expect to reache the lvls of broken he was before.

as for the build, im thinking on changing the BotRK for a Guinsoo, the additional 65% AS from the item would give interesting results, but this means i would have to swap the rest of the items. for example, im left without lifesteal so i would have to either change to a ravenous hydra or mess with my runes and masteries in order to get extra lifesteal  (6.5% with 4.5% being from quints and 2% from masteries alone i also dont count Warlord's Bloodlust since its based around your crits so you cannt rely on it too much i think).

apart from that it seems there's some changes to items i have to do, i could churn out more AS with Phantom Dancer (10% more AS than Statikk along with the passive that would help me for chasing enemies). but this means i would have to really on other sources for damage.

you know what, im gonna test it anyways, the build should be the following:

-Berserker Greaves
-Ravenous Hydra
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Phantom Dancer
-Mortal Reminder (Dominik's is irrelevant here since im stacking health, black cleaver could be an option, but im not sure)
-Guardian Angel

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: January 31, 2016, 09:00:37 pm »

Have you tried swifties? They're comparatively very strong right now, and movement speed seems rather important for a melee carry in a range/CC-dominated lane.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1067