Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269799 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15315 on: November 24, 2015, 02:57:47 pm »

The way all % bonuses have worked since they changed Rabadons+Other %AP is additive. You have your base of whatever stat, usually AS or MS, and then all the % bonuses are added up into XXX% and then that's multiplied by the base and added on, sometimes with some sort of cap involved.

% decreases on the other hand are all multiplicative, although the only one I can think of that you can even stack right now are AS slows, which I think have some weird scaling to them, although it's so rare you have multiple of them in the same game that it's somewhat moot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: November 24, 2015, 03:22:48 pm »

Yeah, the only case I can think of where you'd regularly have that come up would be a Nasus with the usual Frozen Heart.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: November 24, 2015, 05:19:59 pm »

Good god those Poppy skins are cute, especially the forge one.

Tho for the life of me I can't get why they had to give her that small tooth sticking out, that's going full moe mode there, not something needed imho :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: November 24, 2015, 06:20:33 pm »

Thank good, they kept the creepy old lollypoppy skin face. It's on a lolly now, which is sad, but it makes it even creepier

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: November 27, 2015, 04:16:53 pm »

I'm sort of excited for the new Poppy remake.

In the League of Dashes, the anti-dash could potentially be king.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: November 27, 2015, 06:00:09 pm »

At the very least we now have an incredibly reliable counterpick to Yasuo. They even went the extra mile to add insult to injury by making her ult not count as a knockup for his.

3. Run Resize Enable

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: November 27, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

It would also be extremely useful against annoying marksmen (Caitlin, Graves and Lucian in particular, though I wonder if Kalista's passive counts as well), mobile mages such as Ahri, Fizz and Nidalee, as well as certain difficult to catch bruisers like Renekton, Lee Sin, Riven and Gragas. Bard's portal also counts as a dash according to the League wiki, so it would be hilarious to catch an entire team trying to escape from it.

The ultimate should be extremely satisfying to hit, as you're basically telling a couple of them to just go away. Even better if you manage to launch them across a wall, but the troll potential is fairly strong if misused.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: November 27, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »

It looks like it will make Baron/Dragon very easy to steal, just launch enemy team away, and then stop enemies from dashing in as well to steal/counter steal.

Jungle Poppy ftw

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: November 27, 2015, 06:40:42 pm »

It's actually a very nice, how it's skill-based with more than one application. You can use it as part of a kill combo if you use it without charging; as they've said, it works like a better Alistar headbutt when you do that. You can use it to peel for someone. You can use it to make their frontline literally disappear. It's as if they decided to make Poppy simultaneously the mortal enemy of enemy high-mobility carries and the best friend of friendly ones. Almost makes up for removing her super-trolly old kit.

From what I've heard, it also works against Kalista's passive, which opens the door to Support Poppy, given the refocus onto being an engage full tank. Would also do pretty well against Lucian or Graves, as you said.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: December 28, 2015, 05:52:50 pm »

So, Illaoi.

She's strong as fuck, the tentacles hit like trucks on steroids and aren't always easy to deal with, especially for melee champs. And the ult is holy crap amazing if you land it on 3+ people because if you live long enough to hit a single W after that the tentacles simply delete them all. Two damage items (I usually go Sterak and either BC or Triforce) give you about 500ish damage per tentacle.

Suffice to say, I'm in love with the green girl and how wieghty and punchy she is :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: December 28, 2015, 06:02:54 pm »

She's pretty strong, but there're so many champions that are too strong right now that she kinda falls to the bottom of the strong pool.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: December 28, 2015, 07:02:17 pm »

As an addendum to what frostshot already said, her main sources of power come from broken abilities and extreme situational power.

In lane, she dominates primarily because of how her E (I think? Been a while.) can be used to force the opponent out of lane, and because post-6 she's basically ungankable even if she's already died multiple times. In teamfights, a good ult means a stomp, and a bad ult means she's... well, not useless, but just one among many overpowered bruiser/tanks with stupid healing.

3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: December 28, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »

illaoi is very tough damage and defense wise, but once you have played against some of them you learn to know how to dodge her spells. she basically teachs you how to counter her (all the nagakabouros speech included).

you cant stay inmobile when going against her, you have to be in motion in order to survive.

EDIT:

also, did you see the teaser on Zed's page?, really intriguing....

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: January 03, 2016, 02:51:45 am »

This video/song is beautiful. Focus on the enemy, illuminate the enemy, banish the shadows!

Also, I stopped caring about rank for a bit after the season ended, and dropped a teir or two. Then I dropped about 3 more because I still don't -really- care and ELO hell is definitely real, even if I didn't believe it before. How many games must be surrendered at 20 minutes :( Also had someone friend request me after a match to tell me to kill myself, so that was nice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: January 03, 2016, 11:30:54 am »

played some matches yesterday, its funny, i played some antimeta stuff like malzahar/karthus support and ended winning. but the moment i go with something more adequate like hecarim top/jungle, i loose the game.....damn rng matching...

oh and dont try cassiopeia in bot. you can poke and stack the passive but the enemy doesnt really feel affected. or maybe it was because they were a volibear+mf composition.... (seriously, nerf those fuckers e.e)

EDIT:

rito has to nerf teemo somehow, got against a hibrid teemo in top and it was a pain in the ass to farm with him around. even without AP items the venom and the blind were doing horrendous amounts of damage, even when i built mr and armor for coverage. he basically built adc items and then started to add guinsoo and triforce. wtf with that damage.

i mean, AP teemo is already a pain in the ass to go against but in general i dont have problems with going with a melee there because he's limited to its habilities, but come on, he had AD and the venom shreding my health bar without much effort. its ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:21:38 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1067