Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269858 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15300 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:21 am »

I have to say it took me a while, but I've found myself liking the way they reworked marksmen champs. They had gotten a bit sameish -- just stack AS and crit and shred your opponents. Similar item builds, similar countermeasures.

But just got done with an ARAM match as Caitlyn and totally rethinking my normal build for her. AS is still useful but she's become much more of a combo champ now. Instead of getting automatic headshots every X number of auto-attacks, it's based mostly on hitting someone with a trap or net and then your AA become automatic headshots (and with extended range). So she's much more of a positioning champ, and AD/crit is far more effective than AS/crit (you still get free headshots every 7 attacks, but even with ramped-up AS that's not that often). Net-to-headshot combo can be devastating.

Miss Fortune is still an attack speed whore, but now you need to try to micromanage your targeting to get the most out of her.

Ashe is...I'm still trying to decide how I feel about Ashe. She went from being an ADC to a crowd control marksman.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: November 22, 2015, 01:38:28 am »

Cait actually scales significantly worse with AS than other marksmen do now. Her base attack speed is about 90% of comparable champs, and since all %AS is additive off of base AS, you need to buy an extra 11% worth of AS to get the same bonus as other champs, if not more.

I think Riot did a good job differentiating the various marksmen, even if they missed the mark on some of the balancing points.

Really, really tired of getting melted by Jax/Xin/Irelia/Whoever with Fervor and Rageblade. Rageblade is just so ridiculously strong right now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: November 22, 2015, 03:16:36 am »

Yeah, the marksmen changes are very welcome.

Agreed on the rageblade being overtuned.

Mundo is pretty damned broken right now too; his E change made him very strong early, and the new masteries are as good for him as they are for Garen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: November 22, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

The flip side of Mundo is that Executioner's Calling/whatever its upgrade is might as well be "Fuck Mundo, Aatrox, and Swain: The Item". The fact that there's 0 condition for it giving grievous wounds really, really sucks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: November 22, 2015, 12:42:53 pm »

True.

That said, it's somewhat niche--you basically have to be playing an AD assassin or damage-leaning bruiser against one of those. AP champions get no use from it, and tanks/tanky bruisers might not necessarily benefit from locking in to building Mortal Reminder eventually, since it'll make them squishier and less effective over time than if they built Black Cleaver as most of those who get APen at all normally do. And unless there's a regen-reliant champ getting super fed (or enemy Soraka), most marksmen would rather build Lord Dominik's Regards for that chunk of bonus damage.

Definitely a solid buy if you've got a matchup of something like Talon vs. Swain, Darius vs. Mundo/Garen, or AD Udyr in a match against a regen-bot, since the passive meshes very well with physical DoT.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: November 22, 2015, 03:00:21 pm »

The last whisper upgrades are relatively situational now so it's not like you'd have a set build which needs Dominik's over Executioner's. Your marksman is an idiot if they don't buy it against one of the regen tanks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: November 22, 2015, 03:23:19 pm »

Eeh, that's why I said that the choice for marksmen is dictated by circumstances. Keep in mind that the regen tanks also tend to be HP-stackers, so they're guaranteed to get the full 15% bonus damage against them--is it more important to debuff their regen or to shred them faster? Against, say, a Garen, it's definitely the latter, since the passive shuts down during combat.

Likewise, I suggested that MorRem is mostly going to be built by assassins and bruisers who have to lane against a hp/regen tank: they're more likely to have sufficient health to get less benefit from Dominik's, and they're much more likely to have to fight the opponent of concern 1v1. A marksman will usually only be fighting a hp/regen tank in a skirmish or teamfight with multiple people on each side, which gives good odds of one of the following being present on their side: an assassin or bruiser with MorRem, a mage with Morello's, as well as a mage or tank with Liandry's or someone with BotRK.

Basically, a marksman would usually only need to itemize specifically to kill a regen monster if: 1. said regen monster gets fed enough to walk through the team while continuing to heal, or 2. it's a heal-centric support that they'll be laning against/that will be giving healing to other, squishier targets. This is because there are multiple other itemization paths to kill regen/hp tanks, at least one of which will almost always be followed by another player on the team. Morello's is core on a lot of mages in a lot of situations, and there's no point getting overlapping coverage of the debuff just for that first 60% of healthbar. Likewise, a lot of the preseason changes have made Ignite a much more attractive option for a lot of top and midlaners (never mind certain kill-lane supports that take it), which provides further redundancy.

The only times I can reasonably conceive of MorRem being the correct option for a marksman's armor pen is if the entire rest of the team fails to build anything against an hp/regen tank, if the entire enemy team is composed of squishies will little or no more health than the marksman, if the enemy support is Soraka, or if an enemy carry who relies heavily on lifesteal/spellvamp gets fed (as the %hp options used to kill HP stackers aren't anywhere near as effective against them). It's much more highly situational; Dominik's is pretty universal, since while not every comp has a regen tank and not every enemy player that relies on lifesteal/spellvamp/regen gets fed, just about every comp has at least one champion who builds much more health than the marksman.

3. Run Resize Enable

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15307 on: November 23, 2015, 10:32:27 pm »

Well I mean, you could just hang on to Executioner's calling until you determined that the healchamp isn't a significant threat anymore and just sell it off and build something else, right?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: November 24, 2015, 03:18:46 am »

I kinda wish I knew how to record matches or see replays. Just had an ARAM match that was a clinic in Bad Jarvan. Out of the four ults that I counted, twice managed to trap his entire team in the circle, while we had Graves, Teemo (me) and Ryze just blasting away at them. The third, he trapped his entire team right underneath our tower. The fourth, he managed to snare just me, and then I flashed out and killed him.

I don't pretend to be even remotely "good" at this game, but damn son....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: November 24, 2015, 03:20:43 am »

riot's too busy trying to solve sexism to bother with replays

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: November 24, 2015, 07:50:34 am »

Oh god, what happened now?

Well I mean, you could just hang on to Executioner's calling until you determined that the healchamp isn't a significant threat anymore and just sell it off and build something else, right?
Eeh, maybe.
But yeah, I picked Quinn into Mundo top, went Executioner's Calling on my first back, and stomped his shit in despite their Eve camping.

'Course we had a useless Shaco and feeders in every other lane, and the Tahm Kench couldn't carry that after the others ran from 4v2s and 4v3s while I was drawing people off splitting.

So yeah, as before: great if you're an AD assassin up against these sorts.

3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: November 24, 2015, 08:08:12 am »

The most I've heard on Riot and sexism is some article saying Riot supposedly reduced the occurence sexism, homophobia and racism to only 2% of their matches (which is a massive lie, unless Riot is really actualy banning reported players, which is unlikely), and some tumblr dweeb uproar over Illaoi, or something, but who cares about that :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: November 24, 2015, 02:16:46 pm »

I can believe that instances of "faggot" and similar are down to 2% of games. Back in the days of tribunal being a player thing, it was by far the most punished thing

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: November 24, 2015, 02:26:00 pm »

HOLY SHIT THE POPPY REWORK ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Well. Upside: Poppy actually looks sort of cute now, and all of her skins are decent as well. Downside: Lollipoppy is no longer the best Halloween skin.

Downside: They completely removed her whole "give no shits" passive and ult, so old Poppy moments are never going to happen again. Upside: She is now a direct counter to #leagueofdashes.

That ult, man... it looks even trollier than Bard's, directed at all ten players in the game. "Whoops, I accidentally saved their ADC right as we were about to kill them." "Oh, did you want to smite that Baron?" "Hey, self, were you really trying to kill the enemy jungler?[/i]"

3. Run Resize Enable

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: November 24, 2015, 02:52:17 pm »

Cait actually scales significantly worse with AS than other marksmen do now. Her base attack speed is about 90% of comparable champs, and since all %AS is additive off of base AS, you need to buy an extra 11% worth of AS to get the same bonus as other champs, if not more.

Just randomly popped into this thread, haven't actually played recently.

But isn't this completely and utterly wrong? The additional DPS from attack speed is not dependant on the base attack speed, because it's percentage based. +10% attack speed will always boost DPS by 10%.

Hmmph...I'll go read the wiki.

Quote from: League of Legends wiki
The bonus is a percentage of the champions base attack speed. Therefore, champions with higher base attack speed benefit more from attack speed increases.

Wat.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1067