Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271545 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Preseason 3 Overhaul
« Reply #10575 on: December 10, 2012, 06:42:21 pm »

In unrelated news, apparently hurricane works with Cait's passive. I'm not familiar enough with Cait to say, but initial testing seems to imply that this is ridiculous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: December 10, 2012, 06:47:14 pm »

It's not that great. For one thing, you're sacrificing a slot that could go to something much more powerful and with better synergy. For another, you need 3 targets for it to actually do anything. And finally, her passive really isn't worth an entire item slot. If hurricane came with anything other than raw AS, it'd be great. As it is, it stinks massively of a noobtrap item that is only being even considered because of S3 fever.

EDIT: In unrelated news, apparently I'm being a huge buzzkill and ruining everybody's fun. I'm not familiar enough with myself to say, but the level of jackass I feel like right now is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:54:38 pm by frostshotgg »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: December 10, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »

I just discovered this game yesterday through this thread. It's pretty awesome. I'll stick to PvE for a bit though, playing Brand, mage in the mid.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: December 10, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »

It's not that great. For one thing, you're sacrificing a slot that could go to something much more powerful and with better synergy. For another, you need 3 targets for it to actually do anything. And finally, her passive really isn't worth an entire item slot. If hurricane came with anything other than raw AS, it'd be great. As it is, it stinks massively of a noobtrap item that is only being even considered because of S3 fever.

EDIT: In unrelated news, apparently I'm being a huge buzzkill and ruining everybody's fun. I'm not familiar enough with myself to say, but the level of jackass I feel like right now is ridiculous.
Eh, I'm not seeing it. You're offering good critque for items folks aren't really familiar with, and in some cases may overlook stuff. I couldn't sworn the BoRK was max, not current, ferex.

I probably wouldn't recommend the hurricane on much at all, really. My biggest issue with it is the secondary projectiles only have a range of 300 (according to the wiki, anyway... I'd need to double check, as I've only used it on Teemo :-\), which is closer than your average ranged critter wants to be to... well, anything, really, but especially multiple enemy heroes. Teemo is the only ones I'd approach recommending it for, off the top of my head, and that's only because he's already a bit shorter ranged than your normal ranged dude and he's got major on-hit damage built in. It's a ridiculous push item, though, from what I've seen, and maybe has its place there -- it flat doubles (+20, more than doubles in some cases, like Teemo.) your damage output if you're hitting all three targets, which is fairly impressive really. But if you try to use that damage boost in an actual fight... you're probably deader than a doornail.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: December 10, 2012, 09:35:20 pm »

Eh, I'm not seeing it. You're offering good critque for items folks aren't really familiar with, and in some cases may overlook stuff. I couldn't sworn the BoRK was max, not current, ferex.

I probably wouldn't recommend the hurricane on much at all, really. My biggest issue with it is the secondary projectiles only have a range of 300 (according to the wiki, anyway... I'd need to double check, as I've only used it on Teemo :-\), which is closer than your average ranged critter wants to be to... well, anything, really, but especially multiple enemy heroes. Teemo is the only ones I'd approach recommending it for, off the top of my head, and that's only because he's already a bit shorter ranged than your normal ranged dude and he's got major on-hit damage built in. It's a ridiculous push item, though, from what I've seen, and maybe has its place there -- it flat doubles (+20, more than doubles in some cases, like Teemo.) your damage output if you're hitting all three targets, which is fairly impressive really. But if you try to use that damage boost in an actual fight... you're probably deader than a doornail.

It's a range of 300 around the target you are aiming at because I have got 3 shots firing from varus at his full range
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »

Ah... that'd make a difference. Hrm. Still something I'd be leery about outside of pushing, but... maybe. Depends on if you've got someone with a decent pull or somethin', to keep the ability from just being negated by positioning.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: December 10, 2012, 10:27:58 pm »

The 300 range on Hurricane is from the target your attack is going at, sorta like Tiamat. It just means your enemies have to be grouped closer together than is sane. Great if you have Orianna and a Malph or Shyv or the like, but otherwise somewhat impractical.

I haven't really been giving constructive advice, though. It's mostly been "No, your way is wrong and your theorycraft is wrong and you should feel bad for it.".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: December 11, 2012, 02:07:50 am »

I think my team has been pentakilled three times in the past week. Aren't pentakills like a 1 in 1000 games sort of thing?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: December 11, 2012, 06:58:19 am »

Well, what would it be replacing though? If you can ignore the range issues, it ought to at least roughly double headshot charging times, which give +50% damage, meaning unless I'm missing something that ought to be about +25% extra damage on top of the 30% extra AS on top of hitting everything else you're hitting. I wouldn't recommend it for a first item, but assuming you've already got, say, an IE and a PD, wouldn't that be at least comparable to a Bloodthirster or similar? Hell, if you're always hitting three targets and valued damage to those targets equally to damage to your main one, couldn't it give PD a run for its money?

In any case, if the answer is no then the answer is no. You haven't been a dick about saying the answer is no, you've just been saying you think the answer is no.

I think my team has been pentakilled three times in the past week. Aren't pentakills like a 1 in 1000 games sort of thing?
Overall yeah. It's possible they even more rarely happen in certain types of games (elo/champion matchup/map) and thus happen a lot more often when they're able to. What were the circumstances behind your harvesting?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:43 am »

Depends on some champs. I think Twitch has a high pentakill ratio

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:58 am »

Played a game after a long hiatus.

The game started with me logged in (not crashed) but not yet capable of action (still at loading screen on my side) so i joined the fray a minute and half late... or i would join if i could find that damn meki pendant i always take on panth.
After a minute or so i noticed that the chalice does no longer use Meki since it got replaced by the cheaper one MP5 item.

I was totally freaking lost at the shop and fealt like a total idiot.

I did get a +1 for teamwork at the end tho.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: December 11, 2012, 08:28:51 am »

The problem with Hurricane is that it only gives AS versus a combination of useful stats. AS gives diminishing returns. After 1.5 AS, around a PD and Zerkers, it loses much value. Other items like PD have multiple scaling stats, or AD which is always valuable.
They aren't as rare at higher levels of play. Watch some of Guardsman Bob's boblights.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: December 11, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »

So I've played Nami some more and I do like her quite a bit. I think her biggest weakness is her lane presence - her kit favours all in engagements as opposed to prolonged poke-offs. Where she really shines is her teamfight presence. Her ult is great for disrupting the enemy team. It does take some time to get used to her ult though as it is quite slow and easy to dodge (if they have vision of it coming). 

Item wise I'm really enjoying S3 as a support. I dreaded the loss of HoG but with the gold gain increase and the sight stone I find that I don't even need to buy a gp10 if my lane is doing well (I always run gp10 quints on supports though).

I want to play with the Twin Shadows item some more. I saw someone else using it and those ghosts go a lot further and a lot faster than I thought they would. I've been caught out by running ghosts slowing me, and it made me realise that the item may be more useful than I thought it was.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: December 11, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »

I looked up the pentakill thing on that infographic from back in October. Pentakills are 1 in 150 games.

Overall yeah. It's possible they even more rarely happen in certain types of games (elo/champion matchup/map) and thus happen a lot more often when they're able to. What were the circumstances behind your harvesting?

My team was sucking. Really badly. The enemy carry was super fed.

Otherwise just SR normals. I see a lot of silver borders (including my own) so I'm assuming I'm in the normal elo range that silver ranked players play in.

They aren't as rare at higher levels of play. Watch some of Guardsman Bob's boblights.

I'm just going to assume this means I'm a good player to be playing against all these people pentakilling me.

---

On an unrelated note, I think Amumu got pretty big buffs with all the new items. His first jungle clear isn't as good, but you can get SS+Philo now and never need mana again. And Golem Spirit lets you choose whatever boots you want instead of being forced into mercs, so I picked up sorcs to see if it was any good. Then I picked up Liandry's. I was doing a ton of damage.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: December 11, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »

Hey!

Doing a interest check for S3 ranked team! I have already created a team (Slaves to Armok, tag BAY12) so we will be able to play if we get enough people. Come on guys, we need to spread our MAGMA and !!FUN!! Across the interwebs! Its on the NA server but if you can get a decent ping from Europe we would love to have you!
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1067