Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271189 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Preseason 3 Overhaul
« Reply #10530 on: December 07, 2012, 10:58:34 pm »

I don't consider Nocturne to be that OP... Sure he has a dangerous ulti, but beyond that he's not all that much. He lacks a good gap closer and he's either squishy or not a threat. Amumu is much more annoying, in my experience... at least in teamfight.

Can any other jungle hop wards? His Q is a gap closer, as the trail speeds him up. Free AS that doubles as spell shield (Something that only Sivir has also) In teamfights you don't use your ult until you want to chase down running enemies. Can deal TONS OF DAMAGE without building damage, Can tank decently with 1/2 tanky items. And he snowballs hard. All that happens when amumu gets kills is he takes a little bit more damage, but when Noc gets kills, people are gonna melt. Plus amumu is always banned, so you don't get to use him.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: December 07, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »

Comparing Nocturne and Amumu as junglers is like comparing apples and oranges. They serve two different roles and fit into different team comps. I really like Nocturne as a jungler - he can go bruiser-ish or go damage depending on how the game is going and fits well into teams that already have a lot of tankiness in lanes.

I picked up Nami today. She is pretty fun to play and so far I think she fills the support role pretty well. Her ultimate has a ridiculous range, allowing you to fire it off out of vision while your team is rushing in. It's great for dragon/baron fights. I'm really enjoying the gold gains that have come about with s3. I feel like I'm able to finish a lot more items that I want to buy and feel a lot less like a ward bot. Although I admit that I think my warding habits have gotten a little lax with the sightsone. 

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: December 08, 2012, 05:57:52 am »

I don't consider Nocturne to be that OP... Sure he has a dangerous ulti, but beyond that he's not all that much. He lacks a good gap closer and he's either squishy or not a threat. Amumu is much more annoying, in my experience... at least in teamfight.

Can any other jungle hop wards? His Q is a gap closer, as the trail speeds him up. Free AS that doubles as spell shield (Something that only Sivir has also) In teamfights you don't use your ult until you want to chase down running enemies. Can deal TONS OF DAMAGE without building damage, Can tank decently with 1/2 tanky items. And he snowballs hard. All that happens when amumu gets kills is he takes a little bit more damage, but when Noc gets kills, people are gonna melt. Plus amumu is always banned, so you don't get to use him.

Being able to gank with his ult is why i called his ultimate "dangerous" (it's also annoying in teamfight because you lose sight of important things), but it can be countered by backing off or even entering a bush since he needs sight to dive you. I know that his Q is a gap closer, it's just a bad one if you compare it to Xin or Maokai for instance. As far as i'm concerned, anyway, I never think "oh no, they have nocturne !", but i often think "Oh no, they have Fiora/Amumu/Diana/Fizz" (not just talking about junglers). My opinion is that about almost every champion can be deadly and "OP" in the right hands. I've had people call my tristana OP, to give you an idea...

With that said, it depends also a lot on who you're playing with/against. Maybe you're at a lower or higher skill level than me and he's OP at your skill level, either because people don't know how to deal with him or because when you play really well he gets an edge over other champions.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: December 08, 2012, 08:59:17 am »

So Nami just seems like a watery version of Janna. I think I still prefer Janna for the passive speed boost though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: December 08, 2012, 02:24:11 pm »

Well, that's good in some ways, then. I was worried about power creep with her.

EDIT: Also and completely unrelated, guess who has some new headcanon?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:52:54 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - End of Season 2
« Reply #10535 on: December 08, 2012, 03:59:36 pm »

snip
That is disgusting.

I mean, what the fuck, Leona? 0/3/?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

It's the cycle of Nocturne. He gets played a ton, Riot nerfs him a little, everyone stops playing him. Later everyone realizes that he's still stupidly OP and the cycle restarts.

I predicted this the last time he was OP. I believe someone (frostshot?) was like "he doesn't have the 100% kill potential ganking junglers need" and then suddenly he started being picked constantly and they nerfed his sustain. It turns out he has some of the highest kill potential of any jungler. Admittedly he got overshadowed by all the tanky support junglers towards the end of Season 2 since he does sorta need gold, but now that those are weaker he's going to come right back to where he was.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

I said something along those lines. I still feel like I was right about it, at the time, if you couldn't secure a kill, you fell way too behind way too fast. He just didn't have enough AoE nor enough synergy with gold items to make him anything more than pubstompy at best.

Now is a different story. He has damn near exactly the right mix of AoE and single target damage to do amazingly well in the new jungle, and he has a *lot* more options now, even if he falls behind. S3 jungle was a serious buff for him.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20:42 pm »

So many horrible teemo's and jayce's out there. I've been doing a lot of singed top and even when 'countered' by them im still winning, I mean they just play so bad, i just wait for them to go low mana while they poke me and I pounce!, speaking of pouncing I pwned an ad nidalee as well with singed :D. I love singed so much, he needs a Honey Badger skin because he just doesn't give a shit, that or Road Runner skin. I love it when enemy team has little/no hard CC, pop ulti and pop ghost and just go 'Meep Meep'.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: December 08, 2012, 09:30:56 pm »

I said something along those lines. I still feel like I was right about it, at the time, if you couldn't secure a kill, you fell way too behind way too fast. He just didn't have enough AoE nor enough synergy with gold items to make him anything more than pubstompy at best.

Now is a different story. He has damn near exactly the right mix of AoE and single target damage to do amazingly well in the new jungle, and he has a *lot* more options now, even if he falls behind. S3 jungle was a serious buff for him.
Haven't been paying much attention to the jungle since I'm pretty terrible at it, but... what's the S3 jungle changes that make such a difference? The time or two I've done SR so far, I didn't notice anything staggeringly different beyond the itemization stuff. What does an S3 jungle game look like, that's different from S2?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: December 08, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »

So many horrible teemo's and jayce's out there. I've been doing a lot of singed top and even when 'countered' by them im still winning, I mean they just play so bad, i just wait for them to go low mana while they poke me and I pounce!
It's funny, because I take Clarity as Jayce for exactly that reason. Enemy thinks I'm low on mana, goes in for the kill. I hit F, switch modes and  Q+E.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:24 pm »

How you know your Elo is reset:

You're forced into jungle twice, despite calling "not jungle" (God, I need to learn jungle one of these days)
Your team almost ALMOST devolves into yelling.
Enemy team completely talks shit to eachother after round's end. They really lost their cool.

None of this happened too much in like the 10-15 (hell maybe even 20) games I had previous to Season 3.

I also realize that playing aggressive support all the time has made me a worse player, mainly because I relied on my carries to do well. Now that I don't have that same potential as I apparently did with me in lane, I can't trust them that much. I think it's time to perhaps learn Malphite or Amumu jungle. Something that can win teamfights. Or maybe I should go back to playing Sona as support or learn Janna/Namma.

My team just barely pulled off a win last game when I fell behind as Jungle Jax. Once teamfighting started, we were able to win because our Graves carried while I acted to stun their damage sources. By all rights, we should've lost that by 25-30 minutes.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:55 pm »

Haven't been paying much attention to the jungle since I'm pretty terrible at it, but... what's the S3 jungle changes that make such a difference? The time or two I've done SR so far, I didn't notice anything staggeringly different beyond the itemization stuff. What does an S3 jungle game look like, that's different from S2?
Basically, everything hurts more, and is harder to kill, somewhere in the middle of S1 and S2. The distribution of hp is more central than S2, so the AoE superjunglers of S2 aren't in complete control. Now you want mostly single target damage, with just a smidgen of AoE, enough to kill the little creeps without having to spend extra time attacking them. Champs like Darius, Jax, and Nocturne are now really, really great because A, they can survive the damage, and B, clear really quickly.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: December 09, 2012, 01:30:04 am »

How you know your Elo is reset:

You're forced into jungle twice, despite calling "not jungle" (God, I need to learn jungle one of these days)
Your team almost ALMOST devolves into yelling.
Enemy team completely talks shit to eachother after round's end. They really lost their cool.

None of this happened too much in like the 10-15 (hell maybe even 20) games I had previous to Season 3.

I also realize that playing aggressive support all the time has made me a worse player, mainly because I relied on my carries to do well. Now that I don't have that same potential as I apparently did with me in lane, I can't trust them that much. I think it's time to perhaps learn Malphite or Amumu jungle. Something that can win teamfights. Or maybe I should go back to playing Sona as support or learn Janna/Namma.

My team just barely pulled off a win last game when I fell behind as Jungle Jax. Once teamfighting started, we were able to win because our Graves carried while I acted to stun their damage sources. By all rights, we should've lost that by 25-30 minutes.

Just call mid and play Diana or Kassadin. It's working for me so far.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: December 09, 2012, 10:21:17 am »

I had the strangest game yesterday. Playing Draft normal, and nobody called top, and people were asking eachother for support... IMPOASSABRU!!!

Then I went 10/0. Fun times.
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1067