Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271177 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Preseason 3 Overhaul
« Reply #10515 on: December 07, 2012, 01:21:30 am »

So. Runaan's Hurricane. That is some danmaku shit right there.

And I'm loving it. Hurricane on an otherwise AP teemo, who's probably doing most of his damage via on-hit anyway? Have fun watching 3/5s of your team melt. And. All the pushing. All of it. It's kinda' hilarious. Shame about the range on the thing, but... don't care. Too amused. Whee~
Tried this on a bots TT game.

What.

Never got much use against enemy champions, but it melted everything I did hit it with like butter. I can only imagine what a proper teamfight would look like with that thing; I'm thinking there's a reason you weren't allowed to bring three Teemos to what was supposed to be a 5 on 5 fight prior to this.

Speaking of which, I'm now curious about how it interacts with two champions: Varus and Vayne. For Varus, load everyone up and then pop them with an ability. For Vayne, chunk everyone's health at the same time. Would be interesting to see how that works out in practice, though.

Also, do "basic attacks reduce the cooldown" abilities proc off hurricane shots?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: December 07, 2012, 01:33:41 am »

Speaking of which, I'm now curious about how it interacts with two champions: Varus and Vayne. For Varus, load everyone up and then pop them with an ability. For Vayne, chunk everyone's health at the same time. Would be interesting to see how that works out in practice, though.

For Varus it works exactly like you think. For Vayne, it only works on the primary target due to her single target restriction.

Also, do "basic attacks reduce the cooldown" abilities proc off hurricane shots?

Yeah. Graves gets triple CDR.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: December 07, 2012, 01:51:51 am »

Ah, I forgot about that. That's a shame.

And neat.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: December 07, 2012, 02:01:51 am »

Vi, the Puncher revealed

She looks like Varus 2.0 to me, with the % health damage, the passive triggered attack speed steroid, the charge up ability, and a ranged CC ult.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:49 am »

The more and more I hear about the Metagame and the more I know I suck the less I seem to really like this game.

I see what is required before I am considered competent and the fact that I rarely get more then 3 kills in a single match. The only heros I done well with I am scolded for being "easy heros".

Here is a conversation I had with an expert

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think I like Leagues of Legend anymore... It is a very mean game.

I don't think I like games that tell me I suck and try to make me feel bad for doing so.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:49 am »

The more and more I hear about the Metagame and the more I know I suck the less I seem to really like this game.

I see what is required before I am considered competent and the fact that I rarely get more then 3 kills in a single match. The only heros I done well with I am scolded for being "easy heros".

Here is a conversation I had with an expert

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think I like Leagues of Legend anymore... It is a very mean game.

I don't think I like games that tell me I suck and try to make me feel bad for doing so.
Who cares? Honestly, as long as you're trying, who cares? Don't listen to that moron. He's 12 and has no idea what he's talking about. He's simply saying that Galio has the potential to get a kill, given help. I agree. So does everyone else. Wow. That guy is a genius. But, in actuality, this guy is just saying stuff he memorized. He has no thought process about why it is.

So, seriously, that guy is a tool, who cares, and stop worrying. You're going to lose. People are going to say things, usually in a negative way. Either figure it out your own way or figure it out someone else's way, if it matters about the meta.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: December 07, 2012, 11:27:32 am »

The first thing to know is that teamwork is more important than individual skill. Anyone who's being negative to others hasn't understood that he's working against his own interest by lowering his teammate's morale. So in a way, they suck more than you do, just for that.

Second, I recently experienced something interesting : I kept losing solo queue games (often ranked) and was blamed a lot, but even though i was making mistakes i felt like my teammates weren't doing their jobs very well either. But i kept my mouth shut, i kept trying to do better, and after a few days (maybe a week), i noticed that my skill level had gone up. I knew this, because i was now one of the top players among my group of friends, i was much better at dodging, last hitting, harassing, etc... and i was able to try new builds and make them work, despite having tried and failed before.

So my advice : don't listen to assholes. When you press Tab, there's a small speech bubble icon next to each player, press it if someone is annoying and you won't have to read their shit again. It really saved a lot of frustration for me and allowed me to focus on my gameplay better (because i'm 100% sure that being criticized has a negative impact on my playstyle).

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:06 am »

The first thing to know is that teamwork is more important than individual skill. Anyone who's being negative to others hasn't understood that he's working against his own interest by lowering his teammate's morale. So in a way, they suck more than you do, just for that.

Second, I recently experienced something interesting : I kept losing solo queue games (often ranked) and was blamed a lot, but even though i was making mistakes i felt like my teammates weren't doing their jobs very well either. But i kept my mouth shut, i kept trying to do better, and after a few days (maybe a week), i noticed that my skill level had gone up. I knew this, because i was now one of the top players among my group of friends, i was much better at dodging, last hitting, harassing, etc... and i was able to try new builds and make them work, despite having tried and failed before.

So my advice : don't listen to assholes. When you press Tab, there's a small speech bubble icon next to each player, press it if someone is annoying and you won't have to read their shit again. It really saved a lot of frustration for me and allowed me to focus on my gameplay better (because i'm 100% sure that being criticized has a negative impact on my playstyle).

LoL actually feels like it's getting better in this regard, at the least for me. Last night, I called "not jungle" (common for me. I'm shit at jungling.), ended up getting forced into jungle anyway. We lost. Pretty badly, too. At the end of the round, I said "This is why I don't play jungle ever." and one of my teammates said I actually did pretty okay, which was nice. I was still pretty bummed, though.

Also, on a side note, what the hell is with all the Lee Sin junglers recently? My last few games have had Lee Sin junglers in every one, doing level 2 ganks every day. On one game as Renekton top on blue side, I had the foresight to check the bush right as Lee Sin came over to gank. I managed to get away (although I still lost my lane because Riven is just a bit better and the Lee Sin gank took half my health right from the start, so Riven snowballed).
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: December 07, 2012, 11:47:15 am »

Lee has been op as hell for ages. He just packs too much utility. He'll have a FotM phase, then he'll be ignored until someone wins tournaments with him.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: December 07, 2012, 11:47:46 am »

Played my first game in S3 today - man, I hadn't been staring so helplessly at the shop for quite a long while now. We won, but I'm suspecting Riot may have been mucking around with Dominion elo, since I played with some players I know for a fact were a lot lower than me. Tried Graves with Sanguine Blade, Statikk Shiv and The Black Cleaver, since I heard Black Cleaver is OP now. Not sure how it all worked out, because everyone was building balls know what.

Great fun, though! And I can't wait for Punchlady to be released, day 1 buy for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUK7B2fkqs
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: December 07, 2012, 12:16:54 pm »

Vi is going to be a monster in the jungle. She has everything she needs.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: December 07, 2012, 07:38:58 pm »

Taking responsibility for your shortcomings is basically the way they stop being shortcomings. People who blame others have a hard time getting better, because they don't realize they're doing anything wrong.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: December 07, 2012, 07:49:42 pm »

It is a tough statement since that Expert happens to be my bro... who is actually just as good as I say he is (at least from my observation)

The problem is that he is rather insulting and is quick to lay on the harsh criticism on anyone who is doing something he sees as wrong.

In fact that whole conversation was initiated when I said I wish there was a more damaging version of Galio since I liked his skillset but had a hard time killing people.

He is a very hard person to get along with as you can tell and I consider him for all intent and purposes to be the voice of League of Legends since he doesn't really just talk the talk.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:53:44 pm by Neonivek »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »

Eternum Nocturne is OP.

That is all.

I mean jesus christ noc has to be one of those half obscure jungles that are  op. I have played him before the skin came out, and I regularly get more than 10 kills in a game. I once in fact went 10/0 and totally snowballed. Play nocturne. Darkness time biathces

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: December 07, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »

I don't consider Nocturne to be that OP... Sure he has a dangerous ulti, but beyond that he's not all that much. He lacks a good gap closer and he's either squishy or not a threat. Amumu is much more annoying, in my experience... at least in teamfight.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1067