Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271007 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - End of Season 2
« Reply #10440 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

I had a Frozen heart and a CDR boots. I could easily 1v1 Mundo and Twitch, Mundo was a bit of a problem though. They each had 3-4 items.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »

Bit late on the discussion, but I have to say, I love being a fed Heimer lategame. Hell, even a non-fed Heimer if I've managed to farm, say 300 minions by then.

See, I don't measure Heimerdinger's effectiveness by k/d ratios, I measure it by lane denial. Once I get up and running, Heimerdinger becomes a tiny little Gandalf, standing there and squeaking, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". And seriously....unless you got an invulnerability shield or a method of rapid teleporting, you ain't passing.

And once we manage to break the first inhib tower, it's on. Setting up a pair of turrets near the inhibitor allows me to sit back in a zone of relative safety and poke the hell out of champs as they try to emerge from spawn to organize the defenses. It's really demoralizing to start running to the battle only to lose 1/3 of your health in a couple of seconds thanks to massive AP-laced missiles and high MagicPen. And if you chase me, I'm gonna string you back through my turrets and drop a stun grenade on you, then overdrive the turrets.

I've easily had games where I did more damage as Heimerdinger than the rest of my team put together, even as I only got a relative handful of kills. Tons of assists though.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: November 15, 2012, 02:45:14 pm »

Who's up for some got-derned league of loogerns? I'm itching for a game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

I... might be convinceable. If it's not SR... or Dominions :-\ And/or you wouldn't mind a fairly terrible player :P

ARAM (Proving Grounds?) might be interesting if we've got the numbers for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: November 15, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »

Ought to update the first post with "Enter bay12" chat (whatever server you are on) and see if you can hook up with a dwarf. I'm in NA right now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

Oh yeah, still Djoze on EU East :)

Can't really play now due to exams and the internet being shit but winter break isn't too far off :)

Also Zed seems very wierd, too fiddly for what seems like low damage from the CS. And having him build exactly like the last two assasins (Zix and Rengar) is very boring and annoying frankly, yes the gameplay style is different but having the same items they don't really seem unique. Here's hoping that S3 changes that up, some really interesting items are mentioned :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: November 16, 2012, 05:25:54 am »

Item changes:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31443382#31443382

Some observations..

Consumables
Oracle Elixir
Duration capped at 5 minutes.
This is kind of a big deal. A huge nerf to one of the biggest snowball items in the game. Hopefully the commonly heard excuse "I'm not buying wards anymore, they have an oracle's" will become a thing of the past.

Rageblade
Reworked to have a powerful attack speed, spell vamp and life steal boost when you are low on life.
Could be quite powerful on Poppy.
Avarice Blade
Gives less critical strike
Grants an additional 2 gold per kill.

Youmu's Ghostblade
Active simplified - 6 for melee, 4 for ranged.
Active cooldown reduced to 45 from 60.
Buffs for items I already like - I'VE BEATEN YOUR SYSTEM, RIOT!
Warmog's Armor
Stacking passive removed.
Now regenerates 1.5% of your maximum health every 5 seconds.
Flat regen becomes scaling -> Mundo is happy.
Deathfire's Grasp
Remade
Now builds out of Needlessly Large Rod and an Amplifying Tome.\
Grants large amounts of AP and CDR%.
Unique Active: Deals 15% of the target's maximum health and amplifies magic damage done to the target by 20% for 4 seconds.
Sounds absurdly powerful. I predict Veigar will two-shot many a champ (with the notable exception of Poppy).
Hextech Gunblade
Active has had its base damage reduced and now has an AP ratio.
Single target attacks and spells versus champions reduce the cooldown of the active by 3 seconds.
Another item with an AP scaling nuke.. I'm imagining an AP Poppy with this, DFG and Lichbane. Fun times ahead.

Of the new items, there's too much cool stuff to comment on everything, however:
Mercurial Scimitar
High End Magic Resistance / Attack Damage Item
Recipe: Quicksilver Sash + B.F. Sword
Active: Cleanses all debuffs from your character. If your character is melee, he gains 100% movement speed for 1 second.
QSS just became more slot efficient. I'm now going to buy it more often..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:04:52 am by baruk »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: November 16, 2012, 09:37:48 am »

My god. Ohmwrecker.... What have you DONE? Yi will be viable again for 1 patch until it gets the Priscilla's Blessing treatment. Oh, and Sword of the Divine. Yi now builds Ohmwrecker and SotD and 3 BTs and rapes your everything once.a minute.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:41:09 am by frostshotgg »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: November 16, 2012, 09:45:09 am »

Force-a-nature's gone...  Moonflair, Cloak and Dagger, Leviathan, no big deal.  I seriously have never seen someone buy any of those in a serious game.

Oh my god, some of these new items.  All kinds of new passives and actives, more interesting stuff to buy on supports.  Wriggle's Lantern equivalents for supports...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:50:07 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: November 16, 2012, 11:32:14 am »

Here's a youtube video that shows the new masteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5bpge2kV3w

The pickpocket mastery is going to be pretty nice on supports that have a good auto attack range (Sona and Zyra come to mind). A potential extra 3g every 5s during most of the laning phase is definitely nice.

I'm not sure if the pickpocket mastery would even be worth grabbing on a melee support though. It's so far down in the support tree that you'd have to forsake taking a lot of defensive masteries which are almost necessary if you're going to be playing a support that has to soak a fair bit of damage to use their skills in melee range. 

On another note, does anyone else think Ohmwrecker is a bad idea? It seems like it gives a better advantage to the team that is ahead than it would to the team that is behind.

EDIT: Here's a nice collection of images with new items from the PBE http://imgur.com/a/XS0bH#0 and Reignofgaming has a nice article with the new champion + detailed info on new items http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22382-pbe-changes-for-11-15-season-3-items-patch-nami (after reading it, it looks like some of the item info may be wrong, but still a lot of good info there)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:27:59 pm by Wiles »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: November 16, 2012, 12:47:25 pm »

Regenerative.... biscuit? o_o

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:57 pm »

It's part of TotalBiscuit's reward thingy for getting a lot of referrals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: November 16, 2012, 01:50:18 pm »

Here's most of the mastery changes, copied from my post elsewhere.

I'm going to write down all the new masteries here. The number in parentheses is the amount you need in that tree to unlock it. Every set of numbers with slashes means you advance through the list with more points. I'm ignoring numbers tweaks and masteries that have been moved around unless they're significant.

Offensive:
Destruction (4): Increases damage dealt to turrets by 2.5/5.0%.
Lethality (12): +2.5/5.0% crit damage.
Frenzy (16): Requires 2 points in lethality. You gain 10% attack speed for 2 seconds whenever you crit.
Spellsword (12): Deal 5% of your AP in magic damage on each basic attack.

Defensive:
Perseverance (0): Gain up to 2/4/6 HP regen per 5 depending on missing health.
Unyielding (8): Reduces damage from champions by 1/2 (not by half).
Block (12): Requires 2 points in unyielding. Reduce damage from champions' basic attacks by 3.
Relentless (8): Reduces the effectiveness of slows by 7.5/15%.
Safeguard (8): Reduces turret damage by 5%.
Juggernaut (12): Increases your max health by 1.5/2.75/4.0%.
Tenacious (12): Gives 5/10/15% CC reduction.
Defender (16): Gain 1 armor and MR for each nearby enemy champion.
Legendary Armor (16): Increases armor/MR by 1.25/2.5/3.75/5.0%.
Good Hands (16): Reduces time spent dead by 10%.
Reinforced Armor (16): Reduces damage from crits by 5/10%.
Honor Guard (20): Reduces damage from all sources by 3%.

Utility:
Wanderer (0): Increases movement speed by 0.66/1.33/2.0% while out of combat.
Scout (4): Wards get 25% increased vision range for the first 3 seconds after placing them.
Mastermind (4): Reduces summoner spell cooldowns by 4/7/10%.
Artificer (4): Reduces the cooldown of activated items by 7.5/15%.
Strength of Spirit (8): Requires 3 points in Expanded Mind. You gain up to 1/2/3 HP regen per 5 for every 400 mana you have.
Biscuiteer (8): You start the game with a biscuit that's basically a mini HP+MP potion.
Explorer (12): Requires Biscuiteer. You start the game with a 1 minute ward, or 25 bonus gold on non-SR maps.
Vampirism (12): +1/2/3% lifesteal and spell vamp.
Pickpocket (16): Gives 5 (if melee) or 3 (if ranged) gold when you autoattack an enemy champion. 5 second cooldown.
Nimble (20): +3% movement speed.

I played a game as Nami and she's ridiculously fun. She has the most visceral skills of any of the supports I've played, and she feels more actiony. She's less of a ridiculous utility toolkit than Lulu but has her own strengths to make up for it.

Also, Pickpocket is the single most fun mastery I have ever seen.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: November 16, 2012, 02:01:47 pm »

I want to try Anivia with these two items:
Enchantment: Homeguard
Item Cost: 1375
Recipe Cost: 475
Enchants these boots to have the Homeguard bonus.

UNIQUE Passive - Homeguard: Whenever you are at fountain, you gain full health, mana and get a 200% movement speed boost that decays over 8 seconds - Half effect on Crystal Scar.
Tear of the Goddess
Item Cost:  995
Recipe Cost:  205
+250 Mana +7 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
 UNIQUE Passive - Mana Charge: Each time you cast a spell or spend Mana, your maximum Mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown). Bonus caps at +750 Mana.
The cunning plan is to drop your ultimate somewhere clever (enemy minion spawn point perhaps?) before recalling to base so you can keep it going with the supercharged mana regen, whilst capping your tear.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:30 pm »

Wouldn't work. Bird's ult has some of the stupidest conditions of any skill in the game. First, it's a channel so stuns, being egged and recalling. Second, it has max distance you're allowed to be away from it. The best you could do is put it up at base and wait there.
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1067