Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276264 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who'd like reskins of the two maps we have now instead of new maps? They could reuse the assets or something.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

What ever happened to the winter skin of SR?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They had a vote a while ago to decide whether to keep the winter one or the halloween one and people chose the halloween one. I think they said something about file-size concerns (so they could only have one or the other included), but I don't really remember.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile

A new map with a new X vs X players sounds fun. I don't really feel the need (personally) for just another 3v3 or 5v5 map.

If it's combined with say a 8vs8 (pick a number) player mode ..  I would love to see it. I kinda missed the entire new map and it being cancelled. Was it 3v3/5v5, or something new?

When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought Magma Chamber was a 5v5, but that could be wrong because I never really looked into it much.

Oh I decided to look it up on the wiki and found this: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Magma_Chamber
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Annnd Leona's sneak peek is out. Its nice to see a female tank for a change, altought I'd much prefer fixing the older champions/new maps etc etc.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

She seems incredibly like Jarvan, not in the way of abilities but in that she will be great at a lot of stuff, hopefully they don't overnerf her from all the OP crying that will probably ensue.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh and apparently they're planning a graphical addition/overhaul? http://imgur.com/tenhD

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They annouced that a while ago, it was supposed to be out with the Magma Chamber on end of Season one, guess that worked out great :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

EU being split in half

Summoners!

Over the last couple of months we’ve been working on an action plan to drastically reduce the amount of service impacting issues affecting our European platform. We’re finally at a point that we can share our plans to bring more stability to Europe.

Presently, the PvP.net service in Europe is supporting hundreds of thousands summoners playing League of Legends at any given time – orders of magnitude bigger than what a typical massively multiplayer environment supports! And while we’re extremely excited by the enthusiasm and passion that you have all shown for the game, it has presented complications that we have been trying to resolve. Specifically, we want to reduce lengthy login queues at peak hours, eliminate our reliance on New York based overflow servers, and drastically reduce the number of unexpected server outages.

For these reasons, we have been making preparations to split our European service onto two new platforms: EU West and EU Nordic & East. Once this split is complete, your summoner will only be accessible on the platform that you’ve landed on. Each of these platforms will be able to support the same number of players as the current European environment, dramatically increasing our service quality and paving the way for future growth.

That being said, switching over to our new, dual platform setup will be quite the logistical feat. In the coming weeks we will be assigning players to their new platform. We did our best to avoid separating groups of friends, but if you should find yourself unsatisfied with your destination platform, we will be facilitating one free transfer between the two platforms following shortly after the split.  In the meantime, we’re putting restrictions in place to improve stability for those already in-game.

If you have a specific question about the split that hasn’t been answered here, please visit our European Platform Split FAQ. After a visit there, if you still find that your question wasn’t answered, please ask us in this thread.

It’s been quite a journey, summoners of Europe, and we’re excited to be able to bring you a service upgrade that should bring about a lasting resolution to your concerns! Thanks for your patience, and thank you for playing League of Legends.

Temporary EU breakage

Summoners!

At present we’re working on a long term solution to resolve the issues Europe is encountering on a daily basis.  We’re more than aware of the frustration this causes and that the last thing you expect when trying to relax is to encounter such problems.

Each day we have hundreds of thousands of players who are placed in the login queue in order to keep players on the EU Platform to a reasonable level.  However, so many people are sitting in the queue that it’s causing severe stability issues itself and as we wait for the long term solution to take effect we will be placing some technical restrictions in place to keep things stable.

We will be reducing the maximum number of players who are able to queue at a given time and players joining after this cap is reached will see the Server Status set to Busy. We know that this isn’t an acceptable solution, but it’s the best we can do until we’ve completed our EU Platform Split .

This is a short term solution to increase stability over the next week as we implement our more permanent solution.  Server stability is the number one goal and, sharing the frustration players are having right now, we believe that these steps will improve your experience for the better until our long term solution is implemented.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Here's an interesting thing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amumu was afk for roughly half of the game, gave up after we lost a teamfight, so the rest of the game was 4v5. Now notice the difference in DPS from me to WW/Vayne. Consider I didn't get trinforce till after banshee's veil, and the difference in kills.

Yet my total damage was only about 10k under them (I was at about 145k, vayne and warwick almost tied at 155k) I also became the team's tank after amumu left, so I was pretty much jumping on people's faces and trying to distrupt them as much as I could to let Vayne and WW hit them. Eventualy we won in an awesome 4v5 comeback.

So this is what people hate about tanky DPS huh? You can go offtank and still dish out damage comparable to full DPS characters.

I forgot to take a screenie of the maic damage chart, but the difference wasn't that noticeable. Zilean was obviously the first, a full bar above the second guy, which was warwick, followed by me about a quarter of a bar behind with vayne at about the same mark as me, with amumu as the last.

If I was  to add in magical damage to the total, warwick would be the first, vayne a very close second and I'd be following close by as the third, but the difference would be analogue to the one in this screenie.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:55:05 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

Isn't there a selection labeled 'Total Damage Dealt'?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Yea but it shows damage done by the whole team, I didn't check if there was another option, that game took 1 hour, I was tired :P

Pretty sure you can view individual damage though, I was just feeling lazy there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:25:14 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.... I just started... At first I was all like, nah don't want to play this, good thing its F2P. But I tried another couple of games...
Now I want to get that Class I was god at. No there is not a missing o, I mean it....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1067