Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270831 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - The Shadow Isles
« Reply #10335 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:38 am »

I just want Wooglet's WitchCap. Flat AP + %AP +%MS! Soooo gooood

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:20 am »

Elise
Thanks for the detailed analysis. I was asking about Elise because, really, I was afraid she may be overpowered. I really haven't analyzed all those numbers, but for me she seemed like a very good assassin with versatility and survivability greatly improved by her abilities. And Rappel just seems like a godlike all-situation tool. In my personal opinion, she seems to be the most interesting champion that Riot has released in quite some time and I'd just really like to try her (though I'm approaching level 20, so I have to save up for tier 3 runes). Just interested in if it's worth the 6300IP. I like to play different roles instead of focusing on one (I play Varus and Shen and am equally skilled at both). I picked Shen because he was pretty much opposite to Varus, and now I'm thinking of getting an AP champion, so Elise seemed like an interesting pick. Really, I want to play an interesting, perhaps complex champion.
 My top picks for the next purchase now are:
-Elise (+interesting, will also let me learn how to play an assassin type. -Lots of people say she is UP.)
-Viktor (+versatile, abilities that let him both deal damage and survive encounters. -Seems harder to specialize than other AP champions, probably less damaging than most.)
-Vladimir (+survivability, looks godlike with a Rylai's, trollpool. -People will call me a "noob".)
-Kassadin (+great at chasing champs and getting multi-kills, also just 3150IP. -Seems like a champion that needs to farm a lot, lots of champions are good counters to Kassadin.)
-Zyra (+seems godlike in 1vs1, as long as you take your time setting up a kill before executing it, can help with scouting. -Less useful in team fights, probably.)

I still need a lot of time until I can buy one of these and equip them with runes, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Edit: Also, I have no idea why Riot thinks Twisted Treeline needs special extra items.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:03:56 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:02 am »

My top picks for the next purchase now are:
-Elise (+interesting, will also let me learn how to play an assassin type. -Lots of people say she is UP.)
-Viktor (+versatile, abilities that let him both deal damage and survive encounters. -Seems harder to specialize than other AP champions, probably less damaging than most.)
-Vladimir (+survivability, looks godlike with a Rylai's, trollpool. -People will call me a "noob".)
-Kassadin (+great at chasing champs and getting multi-kills, also just 3150IP. -Seems like a champion that needs to farm a lot, lots of champions are good counters to Kassadin.)
-Zyra (+seems godlike in 1vs1, as long as you take your time setting up a kill before executing it, can help with scouting. -Less useful in team fights, probably.)

I still need a lot of time until I can buy one of these and equip them with runes, but I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Edit: Also, I have no idea why Riot thinks Twisted Treeline needs special extra items.
Don't know where you got your info, but:

Elise is UP, but she'll be buffed soon.
Viktor... deals a LOT of damage. I don't know where you thought he didn't. And some of it is INVISIBLE.
Vladimir is okay on survavibility LATE GAME. Early game, he's a sitting duck.
Kassadin is NOT the guy that gets multikills just because he gets multikills. He gets-in, gets-out of fights, cleans up, and is basically impossible to catch. And no, lots of champs AREN'T counters to Kass. Quite the reverse. Kass counters a lot of champs. However, AD Casters will ruin your day, such as Talon. Which is why you don't pick Kass before they pick theirs.
And Zyra... She is AMAZING in teamfights. Her ultimate alone makes her a beast, but she can aoe that snare and damage. She's so versatile, you should absolutely know her for mid.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: October 30, 2012, 09:49:53 am »

-Cut-

Dominion got 'special extra' items :P
It has a story to it, Shadow Isles that is, and I hope they'll soon either make a proper remake for SR or Dominion, rather than leaving behind lots of work.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:23 am »

Viktor... deals a LOT of damage. I don't know where you thought he didn't. And some of it is INVISIBLE.

Kassadin is NOT the guy that gets multikills just because he gets multikills. He gets-in, gets-out of fights, cleans up, and is basically impossible to catch. And no, lots of champs AREN'T counters to Kass. Quite the reverse. Kass counters a lot of champs. However, AD Casters will ruin your day, such as Talon. Which is why you don't pick Kass before they pick theirs.
I thought Viktor doesn't deal a lot of damage, because instead of having more offensive abilities, he gets a shield and a slow. Veigar, for example, has damage/damage/stun/damage. Ziggs has a lot of damage. Viktor needs to wait for his beam's cooldown. I kind of meant burst damage.

Yes, I realize there's a reason why Kassadin gets multikills. The get-in get-out gameplay seems really fun. And about counters? Well, yes, AD casters, and melee AD champs, especially tankier bruisers, can also wreck him if they get into range. His squishyness against AD champions makes him easy to counter as long as there is someone to hold him in place. 

Also, Vladimir is not that hard to farm with, so late game matters with him more than early game anyway. Trollpool and the health drain let him easily stay in the lane for a long amount of time, so if he plays defensively, getting to late game isn't a problem.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: October 30, 2012, 11:15:37 am »

Elise is a little on the weak side of things, about Ziggs tier. Is say hold off until the meta is a bit more friendly to squishy assassins.
Viktor is still buggy as hell, but he's pretty kickass.
Kass is pubstomper. If your opponent can deal with you, have a fun 0/99 game. He negatively snowballs hard.
Zyra is boss as ever. That ulti crushes teamfights. It's impossible to lose a fight if you have an amumu.

My suggestion is Viktor or Zyra.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: October 30, 2012, 11:18:48 am »

Kass is pubstomper. If your opponent can deal with you, have a fun 0/99 game. He negatively snowballs hard.

That's what I meant by saying that you can counter him with a lot of champions. Pubstomping and the get-in get-out cleaning duty sound so fun, though.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »

Kass is the best assassin in the game, he can dominate in the laning phase, but once laning phase is over and it's pretty much clumps of teams wandering about and kass isn't great in a teamfight, he has one AoE spell which requires charging and his other AoE ulti spell doesnt do a lot of damage and puts him in danger, then he has his nuke spell which is great at doing lots of damage but has a long cd so once he does his burst he is useless for a while, as Kassadin's are mainly built as AP Assassins they are fairly squishy so will normally do a burst and retreat but if your AP caster has more sustain (vlad is nice) and can stay in the fight so teamfight is one with kassadin all by his lonesome and can only hope to snipe down people by themselves.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: October 30, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

This just in!

Kha'Zix is so much fun that I don't care about the god damn outcome!

BUGMAN!

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »

Mundo's cleavers with both blackfire torch and rylai's are kinda' hilarious. I would never, ever, seriously suggest trying it in a non-lulz build, but for that... it's amusing.

Teemo's shrooms with the torch also appear to be a g'damn nightmare, made worse by TT being rather small. It's great fun :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »

Kass, like other champs whose only weakness is laning, kicks all kinds of ass in Dominion.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: October 31, 2012, 09:52:48 am »

I thought Viktor doesn't deal a lot of damage, because instead of having more offensive abilities, he gets a shield and a slow. Veigar, for example, has damage/damage/stun/damage. Ziggs has a lot of damage. Viktor needs to wait for his beam's cooldown. I kind of meant burst damage.

Yes, I realize there's a reason why Kassadin gets multikills. The get-in get-out gameplay seems really fun. And about counters? Well, yes, AD casters, and melee AD champs, especially tankier bruisers, can also wreck him if they get into range. His squishyness against AD champions makes him easy to counter as long as there is someone to hold him in place. 

Also, Vladimir is not that hard to farm with, so late game matters with him more than early game anyway. Trollpool and the health drain let him easily stay in the lane for a long amount of time, so if he plays defensively, getting to late game isn't a problem.
On Viktor, it's actually BECAUSE he has the three damaging spells that he does a lot of damage. Similar to Xerath, Veigar, or Diana, the slack of the non-damaging spell is picked up by the other spells, so you either get low cooldowns and/or high damage, plus what the spell does. Plus, his shield allows him to trade in lane without taking too much harassment. It's actually pretty annoying to fight him, invisible lasers and all.

For Kassadin, he is really odd. He really is more of a counterpick than a standard pick, just as Talon is. He has natural magic resistance built in, plus he is very mobile, but he is very hard to play correctly, and sucks at laning.

Vladimir isn't hard to farm with. He is, however, really easy to kill early. I think he does better top, due to his range and sustain and because mids will easily push him out of lane. He has problems against champions that have a lot of early harass or can fire through minions, and his worst enemy is Ryze (Ryze will hit him repeatedly if he tries to farm.) He CAN be pushed out of lane, and when he is, he does nothing late game.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:31 pm »

I think I've finally figured out how I like Elise to be built in order to win hard at life. 

Elise Mid/Top
Items in "()" either get upgraded or sold later
(Boots)
(3 Red Pots)
(Heart of Gold)
Sorc Shoes or Merc Treads
(Hextech Revolver)
Nashor's Tooth
Will of the Ancients
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Rabadon's Deathcap
Banshee's Veil or Zhonya's Hourglass
((Rabadon's and Banshee's/Zhonya's can be replaced with other items of choice depending on game, such as a Randuin's or a Deathfire, etc.))

Skills are maxed out in this order: QWQEQRQWQWRWWEEREE

Runes and Masteries:
21/9/0  Very standard masteries, I grab MR over Armor because you're in mid, but if you go top lane you can grab armor instead and it should still work.

AP Blues, AP Quints, MP5 Yellows, MPen Reds

Important tips for Mid Elise,
  • Last hit in Spider form as much as possible, the passive W health back and free mana cost of everything is amazing for lane sustain if you find yourself running low on mana, and it's about twice as easy to farm.
  • Remember, your explosive spiderlings can be walked around the creep lines to harass the enemy champion more directly
  • If you find yourself in any kind of sticky situation, your E is the most helpful skill you have in either form, don't be afraid to use it, forcing the enemies to stay around an extra two seconds could be the difference between your team being able to pick up a kill on your opponent, and them getting off scott free even in the worst case scenario
  • Play around the edge's of team fights until a tank gets in there, never initiate fights with your E(spider form), no matter how low they are.  You are not a tank, you are Elise, the Queen Bitch of Bursting Squishies in the Back Row of a Team Fight.

Elise Jungle
(Cloth Armor)
(5 Red Potions)
(Philosopher's Stone)
(Boots)
(Hextech Revolver)
Hextech Gunblade
Merc Treads or Gank Boots
((At this point check with your support, if they are getting Aegis, throw out cloth armor, if they are not, grab it and help your team with some survivability))
Nashor's Tooth
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Banshee's Veil
Rabadon's Deathcap
(You obviously ditch Aegis late game if you get there)

Now I know they question you're all asking yourself right now, "V-Norrec, why in the sweet mother of Baby Jesus are you getting a Hextech Gunblade over a Will of the Ancients on an AP character?" Check that active, 50% slow for 3 seconds.  The Hextech Gunblade ends your dependance on Red Buff or a good human form E for ganks.  All of a sudden you run up, hit them for 300 with a nice slow, you and your spiderlings jump on them creep blocking them in (Save your Spider E for expecting flash if possible, use Spider Q to close the gap as quickly as possible if not possible just use the E and force that flash burn, then come back after clearing golems and wraiths half the time they'll be back in a gankable position), and then your team jumps in because they see you're eating the enemy alive, and your team chalks up another kill on the board.  It also synergizes well with the Nashor's Tooth which is almost essential for it's CDR, Attack Speed, and AP (in that order).

Jungle Route
Start blue, you're a bit too squishy to take wolves early imo, because you'll eat all five potions on that first clear.  So you want your skills to be on as low a CD a possible.  Don't be afraid to go B if your are running low on Health after the second Wraith Clear, you'll be able to pick up MP5 and HP5 so you'll get that extra bit of durability you need.  Anyhow, always start the camps Human Q, Human W, Human E, Spider, Spider W, Spider Q, camp dies.  It is imperative you go through the Human Spells as quickly as possible so you take as little damage as possible, also E can be skipped on Wraiths, (It's only used on the big guy in the camps to prevent a bit of damage on those first few clears until you have revolver)

Skills:  QWQEQRQWQWRWWEEREE (same as mid/top)

Runes and Masteries:
21/9/0  Two points in Butcher, taken from your AP, the rest are distributed as one would expect of a standard AP build, grab armor over MR is Defensive.

Health % Quints, Health Yellows, Attack Speed Reds, AP Blues

Important Tips
  • Spider Form Q gets more powerful the more health is missing, try to save it until they are low then pop it and get maximum damage.
  • Remember that Gunblade active, it is essential to successfully ganking as Elise without Red Buff
  • Always jump to the back of a team fight with your E, keep the enemy from retreating, and distract the squishies.  You have Life Steal, Spell Vamp, and Health for a reason, so those early team fights are in your favor.
  • Red Buff is more important than blue buff for Elise because spider form uses no mana.  Always give Blue Buff to your mid or top after first clear.  You don't need it.
  • Human form Q is longer range than spider form, switch to pick up that longer range kill.
  • I thought I told you not to forget that Gunblade active you son of a bitch.  DON'T FORGET THAT GUNBLADE ACTIVE!

Really that's just about everything I've learned about Elise so far, feel free to ask questions, and such if you're curious.  Also yell at me if you want, I'll just laugh at you and keep doing what works for me though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:32:27 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:28 pm »

((Internet derped and 504'ed apparently it posted anyhow though.  Feel free to delete))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:09:14 pm by V-Norrec »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: October 31, 2012, 02:58:10 pm »

Had my first taste of the new Twisted Treeline last night. Me likee.

Teemo, as someone else alluded to, is trollicious.

im in ur base, shrooming ur altar

Xin Zhao also excels because of the narrow paths and ample bush cover. Built E first (which I never do), snowballed like a boss.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1067