Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270416 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10125 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

Man, Azubu Frost is just too damn good.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: October 04, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »

Yeah, they didn't even blink at the bad start and just ... wiped CLG out. I'm definitely worried about them :D

Damn, I only have time to watch one more game, so sad. Well, AFAIK Azubu Frost and Invictus are the two best asian teams so I can safely just read about the rest of the games tomorrow... stupid master's degree :|

edit : Actually wtf happened with Azubu Blaze? I thought they were the definite favourite among the Azubu teams, and they aren't even here.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: October 04, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »

Justice done (for Frost). The draw for seedings a few weeks back made absolutely no sense to me - Taipei Assassins had a play off against the Jokers for their bye, so it would be consistent if there had been a similar play-off between WE and Frost for the last spot, resulting in two regional byes for the West and two for the East.
Actually wtf happened with Azubu Blaze? I thought they were the definite favourite among the Azubu teams, and they aren't even here
Azubu Blaze lost to Najin Sword in their qualifier. Frost got their spot after winning OGN summer, and overtaking Blaze in the points standings.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: October 04, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »

On the topic of Sion, I feel AD Sion is one of those champions that does better at lower skill levels because people have a harder time dealing with him (Like Yi and Trynd). I've seen AD Sions get fed and completely wreck teams, but he has to get fed to do that and as Sion that isn't particularly easy. A lot of popular top lane champions should beat him without too much difficulty.

He needs to be on top of someone to be able to do damage to them, and since he has no gap closers he's going to have a hard time getting to the carries in a teamfight. This forces him to either engage their frontline buisers (who should have easily beat Sion in lane and are likely stronger than him) or he has to try to rush the back line, which is pretty dangerous as melee champions are particularly susceptible to CC.

I think right now between AD and AP Sion that AP is probably the most viable because he can work out as a counterpick against certain mid champions with his reliable CC and strong early burst. I still don't like him as a pick though because if his team doesn't translate Sion's early advantage into an early victory they likely won't do well come late game.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:18 pm »

So, played Jarvan during the free week, now saving up to get him, any tips on how to play? I mainly build tank/offtank :)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: October 04, 2012, 07:22:36 pm »

I hate some of the commentators who can't even commentate accurately on games they are watching with all the info they have there.

"Oh he burned his flash top"

Really so that's why his flash is 3/4 done on cooldown, must be hax!

Silly transpositions of names are annoying but understandable but blatant mistakes should be punished. Phreak is the only one who seems to have a memory span longer then 5 seconds and the ability to observe shit.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: October 05, 2012, 03:38:56 am »

So, played Jarvan during the free week, now saving up to get him, any tips on how to play? I mainly build tank/offtank :)

Play vs Anivia, nunu, gankplank, fiddlesticks or any other champ with good aoe dmg

Trap all teammates in your ult, type "I'm helping" as they die.

At least thats what most j4s seem to do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:47 am »

I've only played Jarvan a little bit, but in some respects he plays like Xin Zhao. You stalk around the edges of a fight using your Demacian Standard to buff allies and looking for a good opening, then dash to your target and proceed to layeth down the smack. If they try to run, you ult to trap them. (Bearing in mind that your ult is a serious double-edged sword, no pun intended).

Offtank build is probably a good start. I like a couple of close support items like Aegis of the Legion on him.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:24 pm »

I like playing Jarvan as a tanky initiator. His kit is perfect for it with an aoe knock-up, an aoe slow and his ult. I like getting Randuin's for even more slow.

It's always good to remember that you can press R again to crumble the wall.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: October 05, 2012, 02:48:28 pm »

Don't forget when going jungle Jarvan to use Demacian Standard to flash over walls and avoid wards, really great when you are playing as top team and go to gank bot lane as the bush usually isn't warded (tri bush and dragon normally warded instead), you can do great ganks while the enemy team goes wtf.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »

EM FAIIIIIV!

Wow, the game started heavily in Invictus's favour, 2 kills, denying darien's xin... and then M5 got to teamfight stage and everything fell apart. M5 had me really worried at the start, I admit. IG definitely had the advantage early, and not just because of their teamcomp. Right up to aftet the teamfight where M5 got the jump on Leona and then Kid just melted them, things were definitely stacked for IG. IG had so much early game vision, too - I think M5 never even got oracle's. Honestly, I think M5 underestimated IG at the start and definitely paid for that.

M5's teamfighting for president.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: October 05, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »

^ A close contest so far, lots of great team fights.
I've only played Jarvan a little bit, but in some respects he plays like Xin Zhao.

Talking of Xin Zhao, M5 Darien's build was somewhat illuminating - his job was basically to be the tanky initiator, so he built ninja tabi, wit's end, sunfire cape and guardian's angel.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:15 pm »

Well he got smashed early game so he had to build tanky, and that flowed greatly in his tanky initiation role.

Also SHUT UP PHREAK JUST SHUT UP NOW

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: October 05, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »

THAT turnaround..

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: October 05, 2012, 03:59:15 pm »

I keep telling you guys, once it comes to teamfights, M5 crush. Also IG made some mistakes, taking a ton of poke several times before the actual fight starts and going with it, but all in all M5 has gotten back from a 15k gold lead by virtue of their insane teamfighting.

Though I'm getting worried, Azubu Frost beat IG and IG were really strong early-game against M5. Not to mention noone has seen World Elite and Taipei Assassins, so there could be a ton of surprises.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1067