Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270349 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10110 on: October 03, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

I actually kinda like that. However, if Sion ever gets remade, I can almost guarantee that he'll lose his infinity. Riot has a really big issue with infinity.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:32 pm »

You can't get rid of AP Sion. That's the biggest problem with a Sion remake. There are existing players that love the existing builds, and you can't just tell half of them to suck it up.

They're willing piss off current players of certain champions who are really problematic, like Evelynn, but Sion isn't harmful enough to make that necessary.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: October 03, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

Maybe just say "buggerit" and roll the E damage into an AP scaling thing? Something pretty low (tlvl/100? 1 AD per 20 AP at 5/5? Base 5/tlvl plus that?), but there. Make sion an AP melee bruiser or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: October 03, 2012, 09:29:21 pm »

You can't get rid of AP Sion. That's the biggest problem with a Sion remake. There are existing players that love the existing builds, and you can't just tell half of them to suck it up.

They're willing piss off current players of certain champions who are really problematic, like Evelynn, but Sion isn't harmful enough to make that necessary.
Trust me, they are. Riot has repeatedly said, "If we need to take an alternate playstyle out to improve the main part of a champion, we'll do it. We'd like to keep alternate playstyles, but we won't balance around them" or so. See: AP Trynd, AP Irelia, AD Kat.

I honestly wouldn't mind see AP Sion go. I would like to see a real passive before a full rework, thought.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »

AP Irelia lasted about a week, so it didn't really get as solidified as the other off-builds. They've repeatedly stated they regret ruining AP Trynd as much as they did, and they were fine with killing AD Kat since she was basically just AP Kat with different items. She didn't actually play any differently.

AP Sion plays completely differently than AD Sion. And, if anything, it's the dominant build, not AD. It's be way worse to screw with it than any off-build.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:56:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: October 04, 2012, 02:08:25 am »

What. Blitz trolling at its finest.

Also, as long as I'm at it: This isn't especially funny, but it's the (not really mandatory) prequel to this, which is. Or at least, I thought it was hilarious.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: October 04, 2012, 06:22:35 am »

I've played the original DOTA I am used to my favorite heros being nerfed and buffed into entirely different heros.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: October 04, 2012, 11:07:23 am »

AP Sion plays completely differently than AD Sion. And, if anything, it's the dominant build, not AD. It's be way worse to screw with it than any off-build.
The stats confirm this - 48% of Sions get a Deathcap, whereas only 20% go for phantom dancer:
http://www.lolking.net/champions/sion

I've tried AP Sion in Dominion (the recommended build, in fact), but it hasn't really grown on me yet - the 4 second delay before popping your shield makes it feel a little awkward and clunky to use as part of your burst damage. Just compare that to AP Rengar, who (with 5 ferocity) can simply double-tap his W for twice the area burst damage (or thereabouts). For this reason I don't think AP Sion will be missed should Riot rework it out of existence - it's just another build left behind by power creep.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:09:52 am by baruk »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:04 pm »

The group stage of the World Championship started and the first game just ended - Azubu Frost vs Invictus Gaming. A boatload of aggression from both teams, group roaming at level 10 - excellent stuff; but is it just me, or is both teams' play really sloppy at times? People getting caught, people doing dumb things in teamfights, the baron throws...

Was a very fun game to watch but god damn.

edit : Might as well slap on a link, huh
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/s2-world-championship
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #10119 on: October 04, 2012, 01:18:54 pm »

The group stage of the World Championship started and the first game just ended - Azubu Frost vs Invictus Gaming. A boatload of aggression from both teams, group roaming at level 10 - excellent stuff; but is it just me, or is both teams' play really sloppy at times? People getting caught, people doing dumb things in teamfights, the baron throws...

Was a very fun game to watch but god damn.

edit : Might as well slap on a link, huh
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/s2-world-championship

Are you kidding? Did you SEE IG in those teamfights? They executed teamfighting PERFECTLY picking off the damage dealers in the right order time and time again. Their play was amazing.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:13 pm »

Dude they JUST let Bigfatlp WALK OUT from a gank after BFLP got a kill on Alistar. This is ridiculous. IG have fallen to the bottom of my "could possibly win" list.

edit : Whoooosh goes CLG.Na - no worries here.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:52:46 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: October 04, 2012, 02:11:28 pm »

Clg.na surrendered too early, in my opinion. Even if they don't think they can win, they ought to play it out for the sake of the fans.
but is it just me, or is both teams' play really sloppy at times? People getting caught, people doing dumb things in teamfights, the baron throws...
It's just you. :)

Singed OP. To quote SK's Kevin "Holy shit!".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:18:31 pm by baruk »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: October 04, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »

Still feeling pretty confident M5's taking this. The asian teams do seem to be crushing the group stage for now, though. Good for them, it's best for the game if there's more competition. I still think some of their mechanical play is sloppy, though.

edit : Also wow, 190k people watching? This seems like a lot of people, good for Riot.

reedit : Woo, finally excitement in the CLG vs SK game, too bad it was in favour of CLG, I really hate those guys. Was a really cool gank into teamfight bot, though.

Wow, hotshot getting caught? Say it isn't so.

reedit : Yes, I most certainly hate CLG. Hope they get beaten by everyone and their grandmothers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:07:24 pm by Graven »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: October 04, 2012, 04:10:50 pm »

Oh my god CLG. That was amazing.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: October 04, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »

Haha get stomped in 25 minutes CLG, hells yeah.

... hopefully the same doesn't happen to M5  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1067