Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A quick question about pastures.  (Read 995 times)

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
A quick question about pastures.
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »

So, I uh, have a ton of badgers. If I make a pasture in a strategic location, and then assign all of yon terrible beasties to said pasture, will they maul any intruders who pass through?

I've run several Google searches and checked the wiki, both of which turned up no answers.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: A quick question about pastures.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:29 pm »

So, I uh, have a ton of badgers. If I make a pasture in a strategic location, and then assign all of yon terrible beasties to said pasture, will they maul any intruders who pass through?

I've run several Google searches and checked the wiki, both of which turned up no answers.
They'll run away from invaders unless they're war badgers. They'll all maul eachother if they're in one pasture.

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:04 pm »

They'll run away from invaders unless they're war badgers. They'll all maul eachother if they're in one pasture.

:(

Thanks for answering. Looks like I'll need to do something about them. I'll just settle for a trap line.

One more thing, is making a thread for a question frowned upon?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »

I just noticed something. The rabbit is named. What if that rabbit earned its name as opposed to just getting adopted  :P

Anyways, it is generally annoying for these pasture questions. We get 2 or 3 of them a day.

"I just got back from 40d, and all of my cattle are starving! WHAT THE FUCK?"

"I just started, and all my animals are killing eachother! HELP ME!"

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:35:18 pm »

Course not! NEVER FEAR! BAY12 IS HERE.
Dwarf fortress is such a darn complicated game that no-one could hope to ever play the game for any more than 1 minute without having to ask some question (read:LOT'S of questions). That's why I love it, keeps the riffraff out you see. ;D
What Necro says is just trollin' BAD TROLL.

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »

Well, I am relatively new. I started playing back in Octoberish. I've been using the Magmawiki for most of my questions, as it is a well-maintained, useful tool. I just switched from an earlier version of 2010 to the most recent one. Just killed my second Forgotten Beast ever. Was awesome.

This section needs a stickied "Post your one line questions here" thread. That'd help a lot.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:44:49 pm »

Course not! NEVER FEAR! BAY12 IS HERE.
Dwarf fortress is such a darn complicated game that no-one could hope to ever play the game for any more than 1 minute without having to ask some question (read:LOT'S of questions). That's why I love it, keeps the riffraff out you see. ;D
What Necro says is just trollin' BAD TROLL.
Necro cancels troll: Interrupted by sock.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:47:34 pm »

eh its fine but you probably should post questions about basic stuff in the gameplay questions place
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 12:50:33 pm »

eh its fine but you probably should post questions about basic stuff in the gameplay questions place

O.O I completely missed that whole section. *facedesk* Well... this is embarrassing. *Bytinngen withdraws from society."

Okay, I'm going to stop bumping my thread now. :|

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »

Mod your badgers to be [WAR_TRAINABLE] or simply [TRAINABLE]. Train them for war, problem solved.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 07:24:55 pm »

Mod your badgers to be [WAR_TRAINABLE] or simply [TRAINABLE]. Train them for war, problem solved.
I thought it was [TRAINABLE_WAR]...Better check my mod!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »

I thought it was [TRAINABLE_WAR]...Better check my mod!

I don't think [TRAINABLE_WAR] does anything more than [TRAINABLE]. I know that its hunting counterpart does absolutely nothing and is unused. I added [TRAINABLE] to my badgers and they train for war just fine.