Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Evil areas... undead... cool. Any ideas about good area side effects?  (Read 5056 times)

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile

Coolice the Fluffy Wambler the slayer of elves arives, he/she/it? requests 100 Rope Reed socks.
That would be awesome and weird at the same time

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

u DoRfS gImMe SoCk NOW oR i RiP 'eM oF yEr StInKy FoOtS 2 months later.

Actually it would suit fluffy wambler more to demand elf bones from your. So that he can no longer be so spineless
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:49:06 pm by nanomage »

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile

It doesn't need to murder to go megabeast on your ass. It could meticulously shatter every bone in every dwarf's body, peel their skin off, gouge out their eyes or make them vomit blood, and keep them alive. :D

This is your idea of a GOOD megabeast??
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alignements get a little skewed after you start using children as clubs to beat their own parents to death.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile

I think good biomes could have the nasty habit of having noThiNG!!

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile

No hfs?

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bonus to overground farming and happiness...but fell too many trees and/or kill too many animals and you'll get problems.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think good areas must be hostile toward dwarfs even more than evil ones are. Dwarves are definitely not good - They dig, they build huge aboveground structures, they burn forests for coal, they maim the land in every way possible. Forces of good must fight them until the last dwarf is crushed under the toppling debris of their last fortress!

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile

Ok several idead i came up with.

- Faster healing and possibly healing of normally unhealable wounds (like nerves).
- Animals in good arean are COMPLETELY non agressive even if the said animals are imported beak dogs.
- Hunting in a good area has a chance of springing a non lethal curse (on the hunter or the whole fort) Non deadly things like a distaste of alkohol or temporary turning the hunter into the animal he was hunting.
lol. Irony.

You keep using that word. How is that ironic?
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well basicly the idea is:
If you play nice then good arean are safe and tidy... if you start doing baaaad things like killing off wildlife ne masse, mass deforestation and/or abuse of magma cannons... then sooner than later the whole area will rise against you... trees would become ents and attempt to siege the hell out of you. Maybe some good titans and local elves could join the struggle to get rid of you and your dorfs.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah. basically, leave them alone and harvest sunberries at the most, or you'll get trouble. be friends with them and you may get help during a siege.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

- Hunting in a good area has a chance of springing a non lethal curse (on the hunter or the whole fort) Non deadly things like a distaste of alkohol or temporary turning the hunter into the animal he was hunting.
lol. Irony.

You keep using that word. How is that ironic?

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile

If the task is completed, it grants you a boon. What sort of boon I can't imagine, but a good one.

Perhaps it could show up to help kill your enemies.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

If the task is completed, it grants you a boon. What sort of boon I can't imagine, but a good one.

Aonafuciakj, the fluffy wambler titan, has arrived! Beware its deadly spittle!

"SUP BITCHES!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Aonafuciakj, the fluffy wambler titan, has arrived! Beware its deadly spittle!

"SUP BITCHES!"
"YO GUYS, CHECK OUT MY NEW *CAVE SPIDER SILK CAP*! MAH HOMIES OVER IN THE FORT MADE IT FOR ME!"
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4