Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Pick a place!  (Read 2444 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Pick a place!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 11:39:37 am »

Come to think of it, I might go to a country that I know nobody would want to stay in nor go to, so that even if I end up as a serf there, it'd be easy to overthrow the non-existent government...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 11:43:30 am »

Yeah, I was just thinking North Korea will be kinda nice, just me and K-Jong the Il kicking it, watching his movie collection and eatin' kimchi. Cause every other living being within the country will have wished themselves out.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:48 am »

I can't help but wonder why would I want to do such a thing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 01:49:17 pm »

Poland. I would've said Denmark but I figured the combined population of western Europe and North America is going to be 6 billion after this wish so I'd go with a country that won't collapse in social disarray and riots a week after.
Sure there won't be any riots. With everyone but the politicians gone to elsewhere, courtesy of the genie, one would be hard pressed to organise a mob.
As far as I can see, people get only one wish and I bet most of the Indian population would chose the UK, for example. I think you can figure the result out...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 01:54:52 pm »

Oh, I meant riots in Poland.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 04:37:33 pm »

While I am well-informed of Scandinavia's many benevolent qualities, there's still that outside chance that I'd end up as a Sami. Eating reindeer while I'm up to my asshole in snow year-round just does not work for me.

I know it's a ways back now but I have to respond to this. You know those countries are doing something right when the poor people are eating reindeer steaks.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »

Over here we call it pampering, but to each it's own I guess.

The polish are too proud of their country for it to be completely abandoned, why did you think I didn't pick Hungary or something? ;)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 05:08:49 pm »

Liechtenstein. I would be a significant demographic pretty much. The average citizen is reasonably well off, and it is a monarchy which means I might be king.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 06:03:59 pm »

Over here we call it pampering, but to each it's own I guess.

The polish are too proud of their country for it to be completely abandoned, why did you think I didn't pick Hungary or something? ;)
A third of the Poles already left the country, without waiting for the genie. It's estimated that just after the 2004 Shengen expansion two million left. This year's Germany opening it's job markets for Poles will possibly see another wave.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26:47 pm »

I dunno. All countries seem kinda shitty to me. Malaysia sucks in a lot of ways, but there's lots of shopping malls, lots of entertainment, lots of jobs, and a lot of cheap, but very good food. My birthplace in Miri is still heaven... lots of great, fresh food, polite people, high paying jobs with oil and gas companies, and a place between the beach and the jungle, with warm rainstorms. Maybe expensive to get computer stuff, but who needs it when you could lounge about every day?

Not entirely self-sufficient, though, you'd have to go to another country for a decent education and good juice.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

I'd have to go back to the Fatherland.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »

Russia, if we get to learn the language before we go. Otherwise, Greenland, Canada, or the US and hopefully end up in Alaska.

Based solely off the fact that I like being cold.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »

Why not Sweden, Finland, Norway, or Russia?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:14 pm »

Why not Sweden, Finland, Norway, or Russia?
Because I don't speak Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, or Russian. Like I said, I'd be all for Russia if I would get a chance to learn the language beforehand.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 09:56:18 am »

Russia, if we get to learn the language before we go. Otherwise, Greenland, Canada, or the US and hopefully end up in Alaska.

Based solely off the fact that I like being cold.

You'd have a 0.2% chance (0.0002 probability) of ending up in Alaska.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4