Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pick a place!  (Read 2449 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Pick a place!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 06:47:08 am »

I'm not really sure, probably some Northern country, some place that doesn't go above 75 in the summer.  The Summers here in 'sconsin are absolute torture for me. :(

:o *blink*

Seriously? 'Cause you'd probably think I live in Hell itself then. I don't stop wearing a jacket until it gets to 75.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 06:50:00 am »

Well in theory, the population of demons in hell out weights the population of dammed souls so much so, that the chances of being one of those souls approaches zero, so if you enjoy torching people alive ex-alive, it is a good choice.

Heliogabalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:53 am »

The Vatican. A 1/829 chance of being the pope, seems good. Nice house, great hat.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 06:56:44 am »

Hmm. Possibly Japan. Possibly not Japan right now though. Then again I'm fairly OK where I am. I wouldn't underestimate the Sami either, driving a snowscooter as much as you want while hunting reindeer and wolves has its merits too.

Dude, the two are right next to each other.
You can get ALL of the Finnish metal in Sweden with the greatest of ease.

Yeah, just open the window and you can hear it faintly in the distance.

The Vatican. A 1/829 chance of being the pope, seems good. Nice house, great hat.
Nah. It's a sausage fest.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 06:57:34 am »

Poland. I would've said Denmark but I figured the combined population of western Europe and North America is going to be 6 billion after this wish so I'd go with a country that won't collapse in social disarray and riots a week after.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 06:57:55 am »

Well in theory, the population of demons in hell out weights the population of dammed souls so much so, that the chances of being one of those souls approaches zero, so if you enjoy torching people alive ex-alive, it is a good choice.

Yes, but Hell is not officially recognized as a country by the UN. Although I hear they have observer status.

And even if you miss on that, there's an excellent chance of winding up somewhere pretty good in the Catholic hierarchy, and/or in the Swiss Guard.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 06:58:11 am »

Slightly larger chance of being a choir boy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 06:59:35 am »

At least he wouldn't have to look hard to find a date.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 07:11:19 am »

At least he wouldn't have to look hard to find a date.
Yeah! All he has to do is find the nearest b-

*Cuts self off before he pisses someone off*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:15 am »

America! Fuck yeah!
But only if you are really anal about the term 'citizen' and don't count illegal immigrants...

The genie says that for the purposes of this wish, they count as citizens, since they are primarily part of the social structure of the host country.

The genie also says that that is a very good point and that it illuminates the fact that there are no island nations and that everyone is at least in some respect a citizen of the world.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 09:53:49 am »

America! Fuck yeah!
But only if you are really anal about the term 'citizen' and don't count illegal immigrants...

The genie says that for the purposes of this wish, they count as citizens, since they are primarily part of the social structure of the host country.

The genie also says that that is a very good point and that it illuminates the fact that there are no island nations and that everyone is at least in some respect a citizen of the world.

Last I checked there were a number of island nations. The UK, for a start.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:22 am »

The genie said he meant that in the sense of "no man is an island" and in fact waterlocked nations are all the more reliant on imports.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:29 am »

Poland. I would've said Denmark but I figured the combined population of western Europe and North America is going to be 6 billion after this wish so I'd go with a country that won't collapse in social disarray and riots a week after.
Sure there won't be any riots. With everyone but the politicians gone to elsewhere, courtesy of the genie, one would be hard pressed to organise a mob.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 11:32:38 am »

Let's see.  If I speak English, French, Japanese, and Russian enough to make this work...

Then I'm probably going to have to go with France, even though I'd prefer Sweden.  High-equality countries.

Also, France has a lot of cathedrals.  But there's still the possibility that I'd end up as a refugee.  Hurm.

... Well, you know, nothing is going to be 100%.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 11:37:14 am »

It'll only a choice of countries on Earth, so there is always a pretty hefty chance of being either a poor prostitute or a laborer with no chance of advancement.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4