Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1196110 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1425 on: July 08, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I am aware of such things. The question is how do Powers get away with it or anyone who does such actions storywise rather then  mechanically.

if I saw a dragon and it told me it was "the god of fire and strength," I think I would tend to believe it

Actually Megabeasts make good gods on their own without any additions being required interestingly enough. Similar to the many creatures born of gods in mythology.

you will note that creatures pretend to be a "manifestation" of a god, so not looking like them is fine

I am also aware. I was asking if the adventure mode cheats and tells you if a Power isn't. It would be interesting if they would take on the name of the god during adventure mode and have a description that befits that of a diety. Rather then cheating psychic sight.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 08, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »

Now I'm sure guilds will come back eventually or so, but are there ever plans for maybe not just between guilds, but "groups" of people rather to have strife. I just watched gangs of new york again, so that is flavoring my ideas but I'm sure it would make sense for there to be fights over groups of people for whichever reason or even civil war type of deals. Or how about give people some motives to take out those nobles who are just dicks. Look at the gem cutter whos life trade and skill is useless once it's all mandated. I'd imagine he'd have a few words with that noble with his gem cutting tools. But then you have a whole gem cutting industry. Couple people maybe 5-10. Where on the other hand that noble is just doing everything for the wood crafting industry. You have this group of gem cutters quite angry at the noble, and anger with jealousy of the lumberjacks. So now you have this brawl or even lynching(Which I'm sure would be done by hammering for dwarves) occurring, and then you have a lot of FUN.

So really, will we be seeing more advanced social interactions in the future, such as ones that could potentially seperate people into groups and cause strife or even civil war.
This is discussed in depth in DF Talk 5. The short answer is "yes".

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 09, 2011, 04:41:42 am »

The dungeons denizens like bandits, beasts and animal peoples will make incursions into the surface to attack or steal? These attacks will be restricted only for the city they live under?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 10, 2011, 12:50:45 am »

Oh god, sewer badgers
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 10, 2011, 03:19:36 am »

Because sewer alligators weren't bad enough...
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 10, 2011, 03:56:19 am »

in local news: a bunch of badgers dug up a soccer field looking for grubs.
Government has a mandate forbidding badger hunting.

Do critters (other than vermin) dig up plants/fields in DF?

I've never seen it, but I'm not that observant. :p
Some critters have stolen edible food items since forever, but only items not unharvested stuff afaik.

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 10, 2011, 08:09:13 am »

I was watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail (for the 400th time) today, and something made me think of DF.

I now know what I must do. If it ever becomes possible to have a necromancer as a dwarf in your fort, I shall name him Tim.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 10, 2011, 09:41:05 am »

He was a sorceror, not a necromancer.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 10, 2011, 12:33:07 pm »

Wasn't he an enchanter?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 10, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »

Wasn't he an enchanter?

Yeah, Tim the Enchanter. Classic. Here's the clip for the culturally ignorant to see...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 10, 2011, 03:34:23 pm »

scottish accent "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"

ironically such a demon wouldnt be out of place in DF, but we might say fish instead of rodent
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 10, 2011, 11:22:19 pm »

I don't really care if he's a necromancer, I'd just set his custom profession as enchanter.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #1437 on: July 10, 2011, 11:51:49 pm »

Ah, but the bones pointed to would probably not be strewn over the battlefield any more if he were a necromancer.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 11, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »

[...] It would be interesting if they would take on the name of the god during adventure mode and have a description that befits that of a diety. Rather then cheating psychic sight.
Ah, yeah, I'm fairly certain that you see their real name in adventure mode.  I seem to recall meeting the demon master of a human civ and seeing his name, so that's probably something that needs to be fixed at some point. 
where is up?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 11, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »

jesus christ did not call himself yahweh
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 298