Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1193320 times)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3660 on: January 05, 2012, 07:22:26 pm »

Will Dwarves have resistance to fog/rain? As in one dwarf who is susceptible to disease would die quickly from Fog/rain while one who rarely gets sick would die slowly.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: January 05, 2012, 08:06:42 pm »

You mean like a resistance to inhaled/ingested/touched contaminants overall? Because that's what the murdermist and zombierain are, really. I think it'd be a good idea though, maybe even a separate resistance for each way a syndrome can be contracted. Hell, they might be trainable. Don't smokers generally have an easier time dealing with foul air and stuff, at the cost of also being bad at absorbing oxygen?

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:00 pm »

You mean like a resistance to inhaled/ingested/touched contaminants overall? Because that's what the murdermist and zombierain are, really. I think it'd be a good idea though, maybe even a separate resistance for each way a syndrome can be contracted. Hell, they might be trainable. Don't smokers generally have an easier time dealing with foul air and stuff, at the cost of also being bad at absorbing oxygen?
Attributes aren't trainable. And that's a terrible point to make. The more you smoke, the more likely you are to die. :\
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Anatoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »

Eh, not really. I'm not speaking from experience, as I never smoked, but as far as I know, no. On the contrary, they are much more vulnerable than normal people, and can get badly affected by something that would not affect normal people that way. For example, some of the smokers develop asthma. If there's anyone out here who can disprove me, please do so, but I am pretty confident in what I'm saying.

Also, I've wrote a page on how I see the rain in my imagination. I don't have dandruff snow there, but I don't think it's a bad take on it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98567.msg2882322#msg2882322

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:01 pm »

New devlog! Apparently material based mandates are on hold for some reason.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: January 05, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »

New devlog! Apparently material based mandates are on hold for some reason.
Urist McMayor demands a ratman dandruff statue.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: January 05, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »

probably because of the randomized materials he was thinking of implementing.
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:21 pm »

Attributes aren't trainable. And that's a terrible point to make. The more you smoke, the more likely you are to die. :\

attributes are trainable, At least in Adventure mode, which is where I was thinking of using it.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:20 pm »

Well it sounds like the rain and fog are supposed to have more curse-like effects so, I guess maybe it might depend on how religious/superstitious the dwarf is. Maybe their god could protect them from the cursed precipitation if they believe strongly enough.

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: January 06, 2012, 02:37:22 am »

Well it sounds like the rain and fog are supposed to have more curse-like effects so, I guess maybe it might depend on how religious/superstitious the dwarf is. Maybe their god could protect them from the cursed precipitation if they believe strongly enough.

I say that each mist/fog type should check a different stat/attribute, ideally selected at world-gen.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:18 am »

I'd think it rather better if zombie mist/rain only/mainly affects corpses, by raising them when exposed to it.
Bring those butchers and rubish-piles inside!

In all movies and virtually all books with zombies, you get 'it' when bitten by them. Assuming DF uses a syndrome to convey this contagion, does this happen in DF as well? Or is it more personal, like a curse?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: January 06, 2012, 12:44:47 pm »

My current understanding is that DF zombies are corpses raised by necromancers, with the "zombie plague" not being in the game at all (as far as we know from the devlogs). 

One could, however, probably mod in something similar to the "zombie plague" using the interaction framework.
where is up?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: January 06, 2012, 12:46:42 pm »

does bloodstorm cause unhappy thoughts?
like "urist mcSadguy has been unhappy lately. he has been caught by a bloodfall lately"
I am a Goober.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: January 06, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

Aye, all current zombies in the game are magic zombies, not virus zombies.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: January 06, 2012, 01:44:40 pm »

Although the virus zombies should be easily modded. Besides zombies raised by necromancers, evil regions can raise everything that dies inside it and mummies can raise its servants.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 298