Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to force walking wounded to seek treatment?  (Read 1615 times)

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to force walking wounded to seek treatment?
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:18 am »

I have some wounded folks who, on the {z}{Health} tab are shown as needing Diagnosis.  But if they're out limping around, will the Doc ever track them down and diagnose them?  How do I insure that all my wounded dorfs get the treatment they need?
Randy...

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to force walking wounded to seek treatment?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:42:41 am »

Get them in your hospital.
LOSING IS FUN!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:13:43 am »

Get them in your hospital.

Thank you captain obvious.
Usually this requires re-injuring the dwarfs without making them die.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:14:34 am »

Just a nearby cavein setup to knock out nearby wounded with dust and insure they get a diagnosis request.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:33:42 am »

Simple enough. Build a lever in the hospital room where you want the dwarf to rest, assign that dwarf to the lever, and have him pull it. Lock the door behind him and he'll have nothing to do but lay his ass down.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 05:58:55 am »

Except he won't as "Rest" is a specific job that's separate to "Sleep". Go drop them from 3 z-levels high or something to convince them to Rest because of some bone fracture. Bonus points if you directly drop them into the hospital.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:46:50 am »

surround that lever with some retracted training spears(or normal wooden ones, one/trap), problem solved
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 10:47:27 am »

Except he won't as "Rest" is a specific job that's separate to "Sleep". Go drop them from 3 z-levels high or something to convince them to Rest because of some bone fracture. Bonus points if you directly drop them into the hospital.

Make a shaft over the hospital and put a small bridge over it. Make a burrow on that and you should be set.

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 12:36:55 pm »

Sigh.  OK.

Not that it will matter at all, but I hereby register my vote that development on ALL new features cease until knuckleheaded stuff like this is fixed.  The dwarf has open wounds and multiple broken bones and there's no way at all to get him treated?  That's foolish and not fun.
Randy...

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

Sigh.  OK.

Not that it will matter at all, but I hereby register my vote that development on ALL new features cease until knuckleheaded stuff like this is fixed.  The dwarf has open wounds and multiple broken bones and there's no way at all to get him treated?  That's foolish and not fun !!FUN!!.

fixed that for you :D

But more seriously, this game is still in alpha, and it IS pretty buggy. Also, think from Toady's point of view would you rather introduce new pretty features like catacombs, dungeons and finishing the caravan arc, or spend just as much time fixing (in the long view) trivial little bugs that don't happen that often and can be quite fun to solve. Just take the 'excuse' you have to hurt one of your dwarves on purpose and enjoy it :)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »

If the dwarf iis working, how is this bugged? If they aren't infected just leave them be, if they are make soap. Compared to how bad hospitals were two releases ago, injured dwarves ignoring non crippling injuries are nothin'
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »

Goat is correct about the improvements. Here is my 2 cents worth on solving it. Is the hospital in a hospital zone. Yes I know its prolly a dumb question, but its worth a shot. Do you have a chief medical dwarf?
 Turn off recover wounded on the medical staff, and build a couple of beds outside the hospital. Assign them as rooms for the injured. Found out about this, when they would not take a injured dwarf to the hospital, not even to the dorm. Built him a free bed. They then rushed him to the hospital then. dorms seem to be community property, not private, or free.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 05:03:16 pm »

I've had a problem where my CMD died in a siege and several other dwarfs had red wounds. I assigned a new CMD with no medical skills. The wounded dwarfs came and rested and the CMD looked and 'diagnosed' all of them. His diagnosis was that no treatment is necessary, so the dwarfs all just got up, despite broken arms, etc.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 05:11:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure that despite the red/yellow wounds, the dwarves don't really need it and won't be helped by treatment. Just let them run free...until infection takes them.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that [they] don't really need it...until infection takes them.

I'd say if they're prone to infection, they need treatment.  I'll just accept that it doesn't work well and move on.  I have water source issues to deal with.
Randy...
Pages: [1] 2