Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A potential weapon?  (Read 1380 times)

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A potential weapon?
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:56:10 pm »

Guys. I just made a peasent starter character (i like to work my way up) and i just filled a bag full of rocks and places the bag in my left hand.

sooo... would it actually work well as a weapon (black jack), and would it be effective? im new to adventure mode but ive played df for awhile.
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
Re: A potential weapon?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:00:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure weight plays a part with damage from blunt things, IE adamantine hammers.(lol)
Experimentation is part of DF's fun.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 11:06:12 pm »

Guys. I just made a peasent starter character (i like to work my way up) and i just filled a bag full of rocks and places the bag in my left hand.

sooo... would it actually work well as a weapon (black jack), and would it be effective? im new to adventure mode but ive played df for awhile.
It would require misc object user skill, also I've had no luck with bags filled with sand...

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:11:02 pm »

Well. my guys stats are all pittiful (i only placed into abushing and the like) but the bag full of rocks seems ample to bash a wolf skull. i can only imagine the stronger and more rocks you had would make for a insane weapon lol.
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:55 am »

Nice thinking !

But I guess their is some sort of Strength limit. If you have a 2 ton bag, I hardly think you could throw it. But again, you can pick up Colossii corpses and throw them...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:00:04 am »

Hey, I have an idea!

You could kill a titan and put the corpse in the bag!

Except for a fire titan, I've had some good Fun trying to put them in bags.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:26:09 am »

That's probably quite a lethal weapon, except your movement speed would be so ridiculously slow that you'd never catch anything...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »

Thanks for the replys! I have my guy with no armour, dodging has been leveld, and in the right hand a copper dagger (for stabbing and precise accurate attacks) and a 75 pnd bag in the other (as a bone breaker/ heavy innacurate attacks). Seems to be a great combination as you can dice up the arms and legs with the dagger (or atleast untill the oppenent is slowing its fight) and then go in for the kill strikes with the bag.

lol kinda bad ass if you can picture an actual fighting form based on this. of course you could just stab in the face with the dagger, but in the event that a head strike is in accurate, use the bag on the upper/lower torso to mangle organs and mash several bones at once. also a bag full of rocks is more fun

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

I can confirm that a heavy bag is a good weapon.

I had Fun when a humanoid (I think it was a night creature bride/groom/wife etc.) KO'd me, stole my bag which contained oodles of loot, and beat me to death with it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:14:32 pm »

If you want to beat on something that's not a threat and you can't kill it with a blunt weapon, I recommend Grimelings: You can cut off their arms and legs without them bleeding to death, and then you pretty much cannot kill them with a blunt weapon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 02:38:19 am »

I find that guts are better weapons than bags.

I was a dabbling misc. object user and I could kill multiple things in seconds with guts.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!