Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead animals in cages  (Read 1525 times)

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dead animals in cages
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »

I have a few dead animals in cages from an elven caravan that got burned to death, how do i get the animals out? Do i have to hook the cage to lever D: ?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead animals in cages
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:12:46 pm »

You can also try [d]->[ b ]->[d]'ing the tile, then undumping the cage in the [k] menu. Your dwarves should dump the body, and leave the cage.

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:35:45 pm »

Thanks, it totally work. Now i have another question. Is there anyway i can see the initial seven? or find out who they are?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:21:35 pm »

If you're using DT group them by migration wave, the first seven will be your first migration.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:29:52 pm »

If you're using DT group them by migration wave, the first seven will be your first migration.

I tried that, then realized they are all dead T.T (also, how do i dump owned items if the owner is dead)

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »

k over the items and check to make sure they're owned, if the owner is dead they should be unclaimed and free to dump. Maybe, if not they should go to the same coffin the dwarf was buried in.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

You can also try [d]->[ b ]->[d]'ing the tile, then undumping the cage in the [k] menu. Your dwarves should dump the body, and leave the cage.

You can also do it in a "normal" way, that is, looking at the cage with k, pressing enter, selecting the item you want to dump, pressing enter again and then pressing d.
It may be more complicated, but i wanted to show that this stuff is implemented in the game and you dont need workarounds to do it.