Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good Anime  (Read 1802 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Good Anime
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:00 am »

I don't like what you like so you should go do this instead because I do like it. But yeah, I really don't like that thing that you like.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 01:26:57 am »

I am going to keep pushing this until it sinks in and people take the time to watch it. Bakemonogatari. It's written by the same guy who wrote deathnote, but better. Much better. They replaced headfuck with romance, and replaced creepy with headfuck. Then gave it a great big injection of creepy.

Plus, it is the only anime where the majority of characters get a main intro theme. Yea, you look forward to the next episode so you can see if they got a new opening theme.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:22 am »

I'll be checking out all suggestions that you guys have made, by the by. Thank you all very much.

I'm just going to suggest you do not watch anime, and learn how to quantum mechanics instead. Or program flash games. Or obtain money. But I despise anime, so ignore me away!

Good sir, you must learn how to English!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 02:13:18 am »

Ugh, I got to like the third episode of Bakemonogatari before I stopped.

I'm not really the type to drop shows, and it started out okay, but I can't seem to like any of the characters other than the cool guy that's the same voice actor from Mononoke. It's not even that it really sucked hard, I just didn't feel like watching anymore.

I might give it a shot again, maybe the other arcs are better, but man. It's not really comparable to Mononoke or Mushishi in the sense that they've got different focuses, but as far as monster-of-the-week shows go, I feel like they both do it ten times better than Bakemonogatari.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:15:43 am by Patchouli »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 02:17:04 am »

That's because it isn't exactly a 'monster of the week' show, its a 'These guys are fucked up through super natural means, and were going to have fun rubbing them together' show.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 02:17:40 am »

I was unimpressed with Bakemonogatari. It was watchable throughout but nothing amazing, and I let out a resounding meh at the ending. The Staple Stable opening was pretty boss though.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:40 am »

All three of them have 'These guys are fucked up through super natural means', but the maybe the second half is left out in Mononoke and Mushishi.

Maybe I had a Haterade overdose while I was watching that day or something. Admittedly, 3 episodes isn't good enough to judge the whole series, but it's difficult if you aren't motivated to go through the episodes.

EDIT: Wow, actually, while flipping through the first two episodes again, I remember one reason as to why the show left such a poor impression. It was in episode 2 when the girl was chilling the the guy's house. That was 6 minutes of absolutely nothing basically. I don't even care if I missed some greater meaning in that scene, because they way the presented it made it feel completely inane anyways.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:45:10 am by Patchouli »

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:02:05 am »

Trigun.

It's up with Cowboy Bebop on my list. Really, really good.
Pages: 1 [2]