Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hitman: Absolution  (Read 2485 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Hitman: Absolution
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/10/hitman-absolution-trailer-arrives/

I'm shocked. This was one series I didn't see coming back. Was never really the biggest fan of Hitman, but I enjoyed Blood Money. I'd be interested to see where they take the series now in terms of gameplay.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Hitman: Absolution
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »

Yah.  I'm excited for this.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »

I was concerned that Blood Money was going to end the series, especially since it actually started some character development of 47. Good to see that my fears were unfounded.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:28:15 pm »

OMFGHITMANISCOMINGBACKANDMYLIFEISNOWMEANINGFULAGAIN!!!!!11

*ahem*

Yeah, whatever.  I'm not impressed.  I'm too cool to go all fanboy and squee over this.  Honest.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:36:20 pm »

I need to get a red tie and shave my head bald. They already barcoded me back in the day. I mean, nothing. Look, I'm wearing a funny hat and looking exactly like an old lady.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:55:09 pm »

Blood Money was amazingly fun. I liked all the little things, the ideal ways to solve your problem and the... Not so ideal ways. Like soaking a teenaged girls panties in chloroform to knock out a perverted security guard who prowled into her bedroom. Stuff like that was amusing.
!!&!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42:38 pm »

Like soaking a teenaged girls panties in chloroform to knock out a perverted security guard who prowled into her bedroom.
Wait, what?

On an unrelated tangent, I think I should get Blood Money.
I've got Hitman 2, and contrary to what people may say, I can get through the first ninja mission without being detected(the second one, where you actually kill the guy, though...).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:47:53 am »

Like soaking a teenaged girls panties in chloroform to knock out a perverted security guard who prowled into her bedroom.
Wait, what?

If you're patient and scout the place out well before making any real moves on the target, you can pick up on the habits of individuals and exploit them. Like the aforementioned guard who wanders around for a while before occasionally wandering into the girls room of the house, and sniffing her panties. If you know this, you can use chloroform on them, and when he does his think, he knocks himself out. It's an easy way to get a disguise.
!!&!!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:18 am »

I (somehow) knew about this a few months back. Didn't know the subtitle though. Been playing Blood Money on my XBox (damn thing won't die) in preparation.

And the ether panties is in A New Life. You can get the ether and some tranq darts (for use with the air rifle in the treehouse) in the vets back room. For you people who didn't know :)

I dunno if I should be ashamed at my almost frequent playing of Blood Money (broken up only by Coliseum: Road to Freedom on the PS2, which also won't die).

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:01:31 am »

I (somehow) knew about this a few months back.

Me too.

I can't wait for some strangling, poisoning, silenced Silverballer in the face-ing action!

Since we're talking about Hitman, what was your weapon of choice in Hitman: Blood Money?

Mine was a silenced Silverballer.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:05:06 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:12 am »

After I beat the game the right way I loaded the M16, SMG, and ballers with upgrades and started doing it the fun way.  Namely, I went through killing everyone I saw.  Good times.
Shoes...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:23 am »

No witnesses!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:37 am »

No witnesses!
The best way to have no witnesses is to kill everybody.

The game turns from a hitman game to a derranged muderer game.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 11:31:53 am »

Yesterday I used up all the ammo in New Orleans killing everything (even the respawning NPC bots in the streets). When I ran out of ammo, kitchen knife to the face. Wound up with well over 200 kills. The bot filler people apparently add to your kill count without adding to your witnesses. Nor can they take up arms against you, and they don't flee in terror. Drunks.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 11:48:49 am »

Yesterday I used up all the ammo in New Orleans killing everything (even the respawning NPC bots in the streets). When I ran out of ammo, kitchen knife to the face. Wound up with well over 200 kills. The bot filler people apparently add to your kill count without adding to your witnesses. Nor can they take up arms against you, and they don't flee in terror. Drunks.
Marti Gras level?
Pages: [1] 2