Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16359 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »

Ok the household investments are getting too complicated here.  A little reminder.  Your only supposed to be able to invest in One thing per turn.  SO I only have to figure out 7 investments.  When you invest in like 3 different things The time it takes me to manage this becomes intolerable.  So please revise.  (I let it go for a bit but now it's taking just way too long to manage each turn and I fear it may kill my interest in running this, so I'm preemptively striking what I perceive to be the root of the problem.)

Currently I'm ok with your multitudes of senatorial suggestions as the Senate Leader manages votes and I can just look over the post on that, so by all means continue with such things.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2011, 06:05:18 pm »

Are we able to donate for civic works and invest in a single business, or is it one or the other?

Edit: Turn fixed, either way.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:27:22 pm by Nirur Torir »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2011, 06:34:03 pm »

lots of stuff to catch up on, will post in a bit!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:52 pm »

Hum. Darn. I guess that is presumably what the senator numbers are for, correct?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »

Random Samples of Graffiti around Rome

I hear that somebody tried to burn down part of the Toririus estate.
Nah, I heard that they ambushed some of his cronies.                   true Roman citizen
                                                                   What traitorous swine^ did that? We're at war!
                    Serves them right for kicking all those
                       farmers off their land. Now who'll                                   
                               fight in the army?
                         I'll assume that the Toririuses would.     
 Marcius Antoninus Aurelius                                        They seem to own half of Rome.
 is looking for Otho Atilius Faustus
for ruining his wife's honour.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »

Perhaps it would be wise to hire people to counter-graffiti in my honor guard my much-deserved estate.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »

I Would also like to know if civic projects funded jointly count to our 1 investment per turn quota.

- If you see a question mark, It looked like you were in support of a proposal, but you did not explicitly say you were for it.

--------------------

SENATE DISCUSSION:

---------------------------------

Please Discuss. The mob seems to be calling for more land.  Perhaps they may be distracted?

-House Knavii suggests each house donate 5-10t to fund a grand festival to distract the peasant population and celebrate the greatness of Rome
   - Support from Toririus after war has been finished.
   - Support from Equus after war has been finished.
   - Support from Aragi after war has been finished.
This issue has a majority of support from the Senate

-House Tullius suggests giving increasing recruitment and offering tracts of land to the best soldiers of our legions after our victory over the Etruscans.
   - Support from Toririus

Civic Projects

- M. Aequus propose to build a bath.
   - Support from Tullius
   - Support from Torirus, built after Aqueduct
   - Support from Equus, built after Aqueduct
   - Support from Augustine, built after Aqueduct

- Aurius Knavii suggests that an Aqueduct be built.
   - Support from Tullius, after wall is built
   - Support from Torirus, should be built before bath and wall
   - Support from Equus,  after wall is built
   - Support from Augustine, Should be built before bath and wall
Aqueduct will be built first

Other issues brought forward.

- Toririus Family suggest richest noble families offer 3% of profits to poorest noble house.
   - Tullius opposes subsidies
   - Equus is undecided
   - Support from Augustine
This issue has not gained enough support, but we will continue debate

- Equus Family suggest Rome ally with Alba Longa
   - Support from Knavii
   - Augustine is undecided
   - Support from Tullius
This issue needs the voice of one more Senator to pass

- Equus Family suggest only citizens may be soldiers
   - Augustine is undecided

- House Augustine proposes Slaves have a set value and their work earns them limited freedom to increase their productivity.
   - Support from Tullius

- House Equus suggests that the spoils of war be divided among all people. 25% of the profits go to the empire, 15% go to the people, and the rest is split among the great houses
   - Support from Aragi
   - Support from Augustine
   - Support from Toririus[?]
   - Support from Aequus[?]

CONCISE REPORT

----------------------

There is wide spead support for joint-funding of Civic Projects
 - Numintor please place money earmarked for civic projects in this order:
Aqueduct - Wall - Bath

The majority of the senate is in favour of having all spoils of war be shared among the people of Rome as long as all houses make contributions to the military.

The Senate asks the Emperor to host a grand celebration Across Rome after our victory at war. The Great Houses would be willing to contribute 5 to 10 tibers and the celebrations could be held at our many fine institutions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:45:18 pm by Knave »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »

Name: Knavii Family
Resources: 77T (46T from business +11t from last turn+ 20T bonus) 70t spent = 7t remaining
Businesses:
- Grain Field 17t
- Vineyard 9t
- 2 small fishing ships 10t
- Small Bronze Helmet/Plate Curiass Works 10T
Imperial Favour: 1
Positions: Head Senator Aurius Knavii(Turn 4/5) General Dumuso Knavii (4th Legion)
Senators: 1

--------------------

Investments

50t To build the finest pub/Whore House in all of Roma! It will be the center of celebration!
20t for civic projects (Aqueduct) Remove if over investment quota for turn.

--------------------

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2011, 07:38:43 pm »

House Aragii supports the festival, After the conquest of the Etruscans (We need something tangible to celebrate)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:32 pm »

Okay. I have a idea to reconcile the two sides of the subsidies issue.

Each house shall give 3% of it's yearly profits from direct bossiness to the house that has made the least amount of money that year, if that would bring it's amount up to the point where it would not be the lowest that year, it shall split the money with the next lowest so that both make the same amount of money that year, favoring the person who would had made the more money in the event of a unsuitable amount of money to split, ect for third and more houses splitting the pot.

If at any time the money a house gains from this action is more then the amount they made on their own, they will be declared unsuitable for the position of a great house and will no longer apply for this law or others that offer assistance to the great houses, but they must still be effected by laws that are directly (if not indirectly) unconvinced a great house. At any time they wish to do so, they may argue in front of the six other houses on why they should not be stricken as a great house, and if they convince 4/6 of the great of the great houses that they should not be stricken as such they are returned to full status. If returned to full status in this way any other great house can reopen the inquiry into their matters and if they fail to meet the standard they may be once again reduced to a non great house by a 3/6 vote.

If a house that has been stricken from the great houses is able to bring their finances back in line so that they would qualify for the subsidies for five years running, they shall be allowed to regain their great house status.

That will make it so we help out the lesser among us, but as well make it so no one gets a free ride and if some one truly fails, they are gone.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:09 pm »

In general I am fine with the idea of subsides, but I feel that a new position be created to oversee taxes on our great houses: A treasurer.

That, or as Head Senator I could add that role under my hat and add up how much each house owes (Or double check their math and ensure that the Tiber goes to the poorest house

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2011, 09:29:26 pm »

I would be the treasurer if no one objects to me being that AND a military guy.

Or I would be fine with you doing as well if that is what you want.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2011, 09:58:43 pm »

Per your request, I'll modify my turn.  Since you still haven't commented on my senatorial action last turn, I'll just assume it failed.

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources: 85 Tibers  (40T income, plus 25 Tiber bonus from traders and 20 Tiber bonus from military spending (Olive Oil and Fishing Ship, 2x food)
Imperial Favor: 5
Businesses: Limestone Quarry (+10T), Olive Plantation (+5T), One small fishing ship (+5T), Small Amphitheater (+10T), Olive Oil Press (+10T)
Positions: N/A
Senators: 1

Business Action:  Invest 50 in upgrading the small amphitheater.

I also have 25 Tibers set aside for donation toward the next civic project.  If I can only do one or the other, make it this one.

Save the remaining 10 (60 if I can only do the donation.)

Senatorial Action:  Encourage the development of civic works.  (No flavor this time, sorry!)

I still oppose the subsides.  Let the house that cannot support itself fall on its own.

On citizen soldiers, the proper legionnaires should only be citizens.  However, the auxiliaries should always welcome non-citizens- we need the manpower as it is.

I support the division of the spoils, though suggest there is a dispensation for the soldiers as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:44 pm »

Yes please get someone as a treasurer.  Numitor and I approve me not doing this math :)

I'll probably do the turn tomorrow, feeling pretty tired right now.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2011, 10:45:24 pm »

We still need a answer on
Are we able to donate for civic works and invest in a single business, or is it one or the other?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19