Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16386 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:03 am »

Name: Augustine Family
Resources: 5TT (base 25T+35T businesses+10T position-65T expenditure)
Businesses: 
-Copper Mine +10T
-Bronze Smelter +10T
-Bronze Works +15T

Imperial Favour: 2
Positions: General Ship, Military Training (+10T)
Slaves:10
Senators: 1

Actions:
Business/ 
Invest 35 T in training Camp
Put the Slaves to work in our mines, invest an extra 30T in Copper Mines

Senator/
"We of the Augustine thank the Torirus for their contribution to Romes military strength. We would gladly accept any more contributions, the you would have both our gratitude and the gratitude of the empire.

In return, we have agreed to support Torirus's proposed subsidy plan.

Also, we agree an aqueduct should be built before the bath-which we also support, and the wall-the health of our people comes above all else, and without fresh water in abundant supply, how can we even have baths, or withstand long sieges? The aqueduct should come first.

We are undecided on the issues of allying with Alba Longa and only allowing citizens to become soldiers.

-Proposal-

With the influx of slaves in our lands, House Augustine proposes that all slaves be given a set price upon capture, and upon doing an alloted amount of working years no less than 10 peacefully, they may begin to pay off their slavery and eventually purchase freedom from Rome to do as they wish. Such a move is wise-our slaves will no doubt work harder knowing they have a chance at living free one day, not to mention the extra funds we obtain. What say the senate on this matter?

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:55 am »

I support the slave proposal.  On the alliance, I am inclined to agree, but we should look to absorbing them as part of Rome in the near future.  If this can be done peacefully, so much the better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2011, 11:46:27 am »

"I fear allied Alba Longans will not hesitate to betray us on the field of battle. They have no love for Rome or the Estrucans. To them, any winner means they must lose."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:56:49 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2011, 12:03:23 pm »

If they do it will give us the provocation we need to attack them and reunite our two cities.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:34 pm »

Turn 6
The Aragii: Saves up.
Toririus Family: Jav workshop is now 10T.  Sword Smithy Fails! There was not enough capital to attract skilled sword makers at this time.  (A good idea but 10 is just too low.)
Resource Land Roma x3
Knavii Family: Gain Generalship 4th Legion.  Bronze Helm/curiass works now 10T.  Grain farm now 17T
Aequus:  Gain imperial favor 2 for helping the people buy land.  Charcoal Kiln 10T
Tullius Family:  Olive Press 10T Very successful.
Decia Equus:  Sheep:5T  Weavers 5t + tapestryx1 per turn.
Augustine Family: Invested.  Mine is now 15T
Imperial Movements:
Numitor prepares the legions for a large scale invasion.  Mass military spending, for each related industry you gain 10 Tibers.  Yes all of them.  Weapons, horses, food, armor.
Numitor asks the head of the Senate for a concise report on recent votes so he can make some decisions.
He also asks that you plan an invasion to take land from the Etruscans.  Post maps, battle formations, anything you think will help.
Empire.
Foreign traders have arrived with 100 Tibers to spend.  All told the buy some bronze, lumber, leather, and Olive oil.  Each industry gets 25 tibers for this.  (This was random, I’m not checking who owns what.  Yay random events.
The military is now 5.0 legions. 1000 bow aux, 1000 horse aux.
-Did this one quickly.  It takes like 20-25 min to post this stuff :P
Finally.  Yes the economics are wonky.  It will remain as such, keep in mind that events will alter things.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »

No response to the recruitment drive proposal?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »

Okay. What are our public works here? I got enough money I can start spreading it around. Should I make the aqueduct then?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2011, 01:05:19 pm »

Name: Toririus Family
Resources:
  Tibers: 88 (45 from income + 40 bonus + 3 stored) - 75 = 13 saved
  Imperial Favor: 2
  Spear Reliquary (Arm emergency civilian troops)
  Land Roma x3
Businesses:
  Bronze Spear/Arrow Head Smithy and Poleturners: 25T
  Spear Workshop: 5T
  Javelin Workshop: 10T
  Wood Shield Workshop: 5T
Positions: None

Spend 50 on a Sword Smithy
25 is earmarked for civic works.

If not possible to do both, just spend 75 on a Sword Smithy.

"I shall leave the strategizing to the generals, but I urge my fellow senators to donate money for an aqueduct, before paying for other civic projects."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:26:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »

No response to the recruitment drive proposal?

Also, neotemplar:  Do I get the bonus 10 Tibers from both the olive press and the olive plantation or just one?  I don't want to spend money I don't have...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »

Okay. For strategics then. I guess I count as a general. Or at least a Pilus Prior with the most command experience of all of us.

So lets play the "Criptfeind knows nothing about tactics but he is going to try to fake it" game.

Okay, I think we should have a marching order that has the legionaries surrounding a core of archers and with the mounted legions providing a screen to take out any skirmishers that try to attack. Something like this:

Spoiler: 8 squares=1000 troops (click to show/hide)

It will also provide us with a strong position if we are ambushed.

Then if we are doing the attacking we can unfold it into a vice like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With the legionaries hemming them in and cutting them down, archers hammering their middle, and the horse troops doing charges to provide weak spots then backing off for the legionaries to move in and charge again. Or cutting down flankers and what not.

By the way, I also vote for the attack to consist of 3000 legionaries, 1000 horse legionaries, and 1000 archers.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »

@Neo Templar: It might be stretching a bit, but does my smelting industry count for the military bonus? You can't make weapons and armor without bronze!

Also, did I get any further affect with my military camp spending? How much money is estimated to be needed to upgrade it to level 2? Right now, it's at a 100 tiber total

Name: Augustine Family
Resources: 15TT (base 5T+40T businesses+10T position+35T Bonus-75T expenditure (Military spending 10T + Trader Bonus, Bronze 25T)
Businesses: 
-Copper Mine +15T
-Bronze Smelter +10T
-Bronze Works +15T

Imperial Favour: 2
Positions: General Ship, Military Training (+10T)
Slaves:10

Actions:
Business/Invest 75T in Cattle Ranch

Senator/

/Continued Proposal:

With the influx of slaves in our lands, House Augustine proposes that all slaves be given a set price upon capture, and upon doing an alloted amount of working years no less than 10 peacefully, they may begin to pay off their slavery and eventually purchase freedom from Rome to do as they wish. Such a move is wise-our slaves will no doubt work harder knowing they have a chance at living free one day, not to mention the extra funds we obtain. What say the senate on this matter?

-Supported by Tullius family

@ Cript: Eh, good plan to me. :P

But, our army doesn't have any skirmishers of our own yet? That's a pretty big weak spot-light infantry help guard the flanks, where are forces are weakest. Does anyone feel like drafting some of those up, armed with leather+javelins? We've got the training camp now.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:53:55 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »

Actions:
Business/Invest 75T in Cattle Ranch

DUM DUMMMMM DANANANA!

But, our army doesn't have any skirmishers of our own yet? That's a pretty big weak spot-light infantry help guard the flanks, where are forces are weakest. Does anyone feel like drafting some of those up, armed with leather+javelins? We've got the training camp now.

The horse guys work quite well for that, and that is basically what they will be doing. They are not armored knights on giant steeds. They are lightly armored skirmishers armed with javelins on smaller horses.

For now at least.

Edit: In fact that charging I was talking about would pretty much be death vs legionaries, although if these guys are barbarians for real then they most likely will not have the wherewithal to counter it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:53:56 pm by Criptfeind »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2011, 01:53:24 pm »

All right, but in the future we'll need cheaper arrow catchers.

Edit: From what I read, Estrucans fought like Greeks-Hoplites in Phalanx formation. Even light cavalry flanking them could really work.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:57:14 pm by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2011, 01:56:06 pm »

It's not like it is our money.

Anyway, we can get real auxiliary units (I am unsure why we are calling the horse guys and the archers auxiliary right now) that can do that job after we take these guys.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2011, 02:04:22 pm »

How are our legionaries equipped and trained to do? Are we using pike squares, or swords? This could lead to very different tactics.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:13:10 pm by evilcherry »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19