Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16417 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2011, 04:11:03 pm »

We are about 700 years away from that.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2011, 04:15:55 pm »

(later on)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2011, 06:43:56 pm »

Can additional players join?  Perhaps starting as more minor families without the political influence but with the money to try and get some?

I'm getting a waiting list.  I may add people in as it goes.  Particularly for special roles.

Turn 4
Decia Equus: Oat Farm 5T.  The festival gets you 15 tibers.  Numitor is please somewhat but not enough for a favor point.  Horse breeding begins.
Torir Family: Javelin Workshop 8T
Knavii Family: Small Bronze Helmet/Plate Curiass Works 1T <- Not much build up or demand. Yet good potential.  The body armor is heavy for what it does but the helms might be something to lobby for.
The Aragii: Carpenter’s Guild 3T.  An acceptable start.
Aequus: Logging now 20T.  Civic dockyard project Fails!
Augustine Family: (Horse transaction.  I’ll let you guys handle personal trades ok?)
The Tullius Family: Numitor does not feel a Coliseum is a good move at this time.  Perhaps a smaller venue to prove its worth might be in order.  He is however very in favor of such smaller venues, given his recent slave gains.

Imperial Movements
The wall resolution fails. It will wait.
Aux Cav and 1 Numitor Legion go on raid.  Augustine legion placed on N. Borders to defend.
Numitor asks for suggestions and votes as to how to better equip the troops.

Empire
Wild and fantastic success (rolled a natural 20).  The raid goes perfectly!  With the legion as support we have completely burned a small Etruscan town to the ground.  They were caught completely by surprise and there are few casualties.  Equss family loots 130 Tibers and 150 Slaves.  Numitor takes 450 Slaves and 1400 Tibers.
Numitor founds a slave market.
The military is now 4.0 legions. 500 bow aux, 500 horse aux.

Civic Works
Fishing Wharf, Small Shipyard, Slave Market

Sorry this took awhile.  It got intervened upon by a 5 hour nap.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:05:10 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »

Hopy site.

This is not my turn, just setting it up so I can make a turn easier.
------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 163T
Resources: 
-5 Poor quality horses
-150 slaves
Favor: 0
Businesses:
-Horse Ranch: 12T + 5 Poor quality horses
-Oat Farm: 5T
Positions: Horse aux leader: Pilus Prior Aulus Decia Equus
Senators: 1
------------

At any rate now I am willing to sell horses to you guys, 2T per horse.

Also, neotemplar, how much does a slave go for on the slave market? And how much does it take to make a troop? Presumably I could make five horse aux per turn?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2011, 07:28:48 pm »

Name: The Aragii
Resources: 
  24 Tibers (4 Savings + 20 Income)
  Imperial Favor: 0

Businesses: 
  Potters Guild (+17T/Turn)
  -Clay Pit(Stops Resource Shortages to Potters Guild)
 Carpenters Guild (+3T/Turn)
Positions: None

Business Action:
Invest 20 Tibers into a Brickworks. ((Seems to be within my regular purview.))

Senatorial Action: General Toadying!
"Loudly will I be heard praising the emperor, his capability and wisdom are unmatched. This raid was a success due to his exceptional leadership and the favor of the gods. Perhaps I have overestimated the might of these barbarians. I lobby that we strike again, not as raiders but as conquerors. Add the wealth of their lands to Rome."
Small bribe, 4 Tibers to the Emperor to move to open war.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Name: Knavii Family
Resources: 36T (31T from business +5t from last turn)
Businesses:
- Grain Field 15t
- Vineyard 5t
- 2 small fishing ships 10t
- Small Bronze Helmet/Plate Curiass Works 1T
Imperial Favour: 1
Positions: Head Senator Aurius Knavii(Turn 2/5)

--------------------

Investments
The Knavii believe it is time to improve their well-loved Vineyard. +25t to Vineyard improvements.

--------------------
Senate:

Please Debate/suggest:
How can Rome better equip her legions?

Head Senator Aurius Knavii opens the debate by suggesting that all legionaries be equipped with bronze helms.  "We have the ability to armour our brave warriors with the best bronze helms. And even Plate Curiass is available for our heavier troops or Cavalry. These advances will benefit all of Rome and I ask the rest of the Senate to support their implementation!

I would also like to offer my most heartfelt congratulations to the brave men who took the fight to our enemies. Well done!"

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2011, 07:37:34 pm »

Hopy site.

This is not my turn, just setting it up so I can make a turn easier.
------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 163T
Resources: 
-5 Poor quality horses
-150 slaves
Favor: 0
Businesses:
-Horse Ranch: 12T + 5 Poor quality horses
-Oat Farm: 5T
Positions: Horse aux leader: Pilus Prior Aulus Decia Equus
------------

At any rate now I am willing to sell horses to you guys, 2T per horse.

Also, neotemplar, how much does a slave go for on the slave market? And how much does it take to make a troop? Presumably I could make five horse aux per turn?

As with everything just toss some horses and money at it and I'll tell you if it works.  :)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2011, 07:43:18 pm »

Crap.  Numinator beat me to the slave market.  Probably bad juju to try to butt in on him.

Well, he favors smaller ventures, so...

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources: 40 Tibers
Imperial Favor: 3
Businesses: Limestone Quarry (+10T), Olive Plantation (+5T), One small fishing ship (+5T)
Positions: N/A

Business Action:  Invest 40 Tibers in the construction of a small amphitheater that can support small-scale gladiator combat.  (IE no grand-huge Colosseum that is biggest in all of Europe, but just a small local one.)

Senatorial Action:
"Well done, Emperor, on your glorious conquest!  I move we press the advantage and take the fight to our enemies!  Let us push them back farther and claim the north of Italia for ourselves!"

"In local matters, I shall take your advice and focus on a smaller entertainment venue.  The Amphitheatrum Numinatorium glorify your great victory!"

I see your toadying and raise you naming a building after him.  :P Since this is a little thing, I don't think I'll need support in its construction. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2011, 07:48:42 pm »

"Senator Knavii, I am interested in purchasing your bronze helm and curiass works, as I see potential in it. I offer 20 tibers for it."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »

Random Samples of Graffiti around Rome

Otho Atilius Faustus covers his sword in honey before putting it in a sheath.

Death to Etruscans! 
          Friends of Martinus Tatius Thracius                               Roman's rule!
            are proud to say that he fought against                             
                      the Etruscans.

Septimius Celsus Petronius fought
      Land is for the common farmer!                            against the Etruscan invaders, only to                  Good, chep wine by
            Not greedy nobles!                                           find his farm seized for debt.                       the sign of the three geese,
                                                                                                                                               near the harbour
Nerva Januarius Iunius looks for gladiators
for funeral games. Prizes will be given out.                                      The senator from House Augustine can crawl back to
                                                                                      the hole he spawned from. This Roman will continue to use graffiti.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »

I purpose that the standard attire for troops should be a open faced bronze helm and a hardened leather armor on the chest and legs, for mobility and protection.

I also put forward that in addition to these standard troops units of more professional standards should be made that wear full bronze plate.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

"Senator Knavii, I am interested in purchasing your bronze helm and curiass works, as I see potential in it. I offer 20 tibers for it."

I am quite flattered by your offer, Nirur. But I will be holding onto the property for the long-term. It is not producing much at the moment, but I have hopes that every legionnaire will have a bronze helm on their head in time! 

I purpose that the standard attire for troops should be a open faced bronze helm and a hardened leather armor on the chest and legs, for mobility and protection.

I also put forward that in addition to these standard troops units of more professional standards should be made that wear full bronze plate.

I thank Senator Equus for understanding the importance of protecting our legions! I agree to these standards.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »

Senator Aragii agrees to the proposed armaments put forth by Senator Equus.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »

"Then, if I may make a suggestion, donating some helms to a legion may prove fruitful, should senatorial votes fail - Once their effectiveness has been realized, the emperor will surely want one on every legionary."

Invest 23 tibers in a workshop for wooden shields.
Donate 15 tibers for training grounds.
Support Senator Equus' armament plan.
Rename family to fit in with the locals more.

----------

Name: Toririus Family
Resources:
  Tibers: (38 from income - 38 spent) = 0
  Imperial Favor: 1
  Spear Reliquary (Arm emergency civilian troops)
Businesses:
  Bronze Spear/Arrow Head Smithy and Poleturners: 25T
  Spear workshop: 5T
  Javelin Workshop: 8T
Positions: None
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:58:24 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

Crap. I got stuck with border patrol while Equus reaps the rewards.

But, I guess SOMEONE had to do it. To keep Rome from being burned to the ground while they were gone. >_>
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Augustine Family
Resources: 75TT (base 35T+35T businesses)
Businesses: 
-Copper Mine +10T
-Bronze Smelter +10T
-Bronze Works +15T
Imperial Favour: 1
Positions: General Ship (1)

Actions:
Business/ 
Invest 50T in Military Training Camps

Senator/
"House Augustine agrees, a follow-up attack should be planned! And this house which has faithfully guarded Rome's borders ask permission to be allowed to participate, as we were so denied the chance to prove our mettle in the last raid whilst defending the homeland."

House Augustine agrees with the uniform conventions of House Equus, and also submits the following proposal of our own-

that military training camps be constructed with the combined funds of all the houses to train our soldiers to fight and follow formation. Barbarians are known to fall apart when faced with well trained forces, even if they outnumber us."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19