Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16409 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:53 pm »

Yeah both Dwarmin and Criptfeind spent favour on generalship, hence the back and forth between who's head honcho! It may very wel end up Numitor leading the raid himself with both of you acting as subordinates, not sure how Neotemplaar will play it. But in either case I'm sure you'll both get a share of the glory/riches/slave girls  ;)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2011, 02:33:23 pm »

Also, on the Colosseum: Toaster my friend, I have already started the building of a place such as that. I have already spent good money on purchasing the needed land. Perhaps you would wish to enter a joint venture with me?

The Hippodrome?  Not quite the same as the Colosseum (racetrack vs stadium), but I'm sure we could find ways to cooperate.  You'll need stone for the structure, and I'm sure I'll be needing some horses.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »

Well, the thing is a Hippodrome can be used quite well as a Colosseum, and they often were. Colosseum can also be used as a Hippodrome to a lesser extent.

What I am saying is we could work together to make it a hybrid that has both events. Also this way we will not be budging in on each other s business.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2011, 02:42:10 pm »

((I missed that Cript, whoops. Let's both agree to hold quiet grudges till we have a civil war that devestates the empire.

Also, I'm willing to help with the Colosseum. It's a big project, and my house can raw materials for building bronze statues and gladiator equipment, which would increase everyones profits.

Sound good? I'd do it more for the imperial favor, personally.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2011, 02:49:06 pm »

((I missed that Cript, whoops. Let's both agree to hold quiet grudges till we have a civil war that devestates the empire.))

Er... What? No.

((Also, I'm willing to help with the Colosseum. It's a big project, and my house can raw materials for building bronze statues and gladiator equipment, which would increase everyones profits. ))

I would be fine with that to some what, but if Toaster agrees to work with me on this then I need to respect his wishes and it seems that he does not want to work with you for some reason.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2011, 02:54:10 pm »

Just because I was the last vote against his proposed wall plan. Lucky me? You were the first to vote against it Cript, so we're equally as guilty :P

I'd be willing to support his plans in the future, of course, in exchange for help here. Let's see what happens.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:22 pm »

Model of Ancient Rome

The round one in the back is the Colosseum.  The big capsule-shaped one in the front is the Circus Maximus, the largest of its kind in Rome.  They're fairly dissimilar.

However, we could at least see to some sort of joint venture.  What do you have to offer, Dwarmin?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2011, 03:20:54 pm »

Start up money, raw copper+smelted bronze for construction, slaves and war animals obtained with my legion abroad, and Bronze statuary.

What more could you ask for? :)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2011, 03:25:21 pm »

They're fairly dissimilar.

Not really, they are both basically round stone constructions.

Although I do see your point. I was thinking of a Hippodrome modified to work as a Colosseum, but after seeing that I realize that a Colosseum modified to work as a Hippodrome would be a better idea.

I am going to open MSpaint and make a mock up of what I am thinking.

Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:35:31 pm by Criptfeind »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »

There are different venues because they are decided for different uses.

Really, you can't even see a gladiatorial match clearly when one have to put a circle with a circumference of one mile inside.

Surely a colosseum can be used for other purposes like poetry or drama, but chariot races are just a big no-no.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2011, 03:47:51 pm »

I am convinced.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

Really, you can't even see a gladiatorial match clearly when one have to put a circle with a circumference of one mile inside.

Surely a colosseum can be used for other purposes like poetry or drama, but chariot races are just a big no-no.

He has a point- the Colosseum is basically a big famous ampitheater.  It's best known for gladiatorial combat, but there were many uses for it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2011, 04:06:53 pm »

He has a point- the Colosseum is basically a big famous ampitheater.  It's best known for gladiatorial combat, but there were many uses for it.
But it will be far from ideal for both kind of entertainment.

Okay, I condede - build it to the size of a amphitheater first. This could be okay for smaller races. And if public demand for any kind of entertainment increases, build other venues.

The Imperetor after all need a proper place to meet his people.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »

Yes. A true Colosseum is fine with me. You have convinced me that it is the best choice for now.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2011, 04:09:41 pm »

I was wondering if I could play as Spartacus later on.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19