Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16380 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »

"Roma's grand military of three legions and a half-legion's worth of auxiliaries shall crush the savages with ease. Furthermore, think of the profits."

(Turn changed, and I decided to upgrade the workshop to produce spears, rather then make a new workshop to produce spears. Workspace efficiency and all that.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:10 pm »

Alright. I edited my turn. Is that more what you were thinking of?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »

The Senator and patriarch of House Augustine speaks up in the senate

"Roma's grand military will need a strong general to lead them!
My son, Mamillus Augustine, should be considered for this task.

If the Emperor calls upon us, we shall respond with enthusiasm!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »

Never underestimate the Etruscans! We see them as savages, because we are much, much weaker than them at this point. And, personally, Heavy infantry warfare is going to be dull and will be decided on who can hold ground longer. We should not put our precious legions into such a gamble!
Nor light cavalry can do the trick, unless you use them as a screen throwing javelins then retreating (which will probably be more expensive).

Instead, get bows and arrows, to use their superior ranges over javelins.

*Waiting for toaster*

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »

Never underestimate the Etruscans! We see them as savages, because we are much, much weaker than them at this point. And, personally, Heavy infantry warfare is going to be dull and will be decided on who can hold ground longer. We should not put our precious legions into such a gamble!
Nor light cavalry can do the trick, unless you use them as a screen throwing javelins then retreating (which will probably be more expensive).

Instead, get bows and arrows, to use their superior ranges over javelins.

*Waiting for toaster*

I believe the brave men that serve our glorious Rome would be insulted to hear that you do not have faith in them to defeat a horde of rabble like the Etruscans! We are obviously the pinnacle of culture and technology in this world, it is our duty to enlighten these savages!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 07:54:31 pm »

This looks interesting. Put me on the waiting list.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 07:55:37 pm »

We should attack Alba Longa first.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »

Ok six families in.  I'll wait awhile for the last to post and then move ahead.  No worries if you miss a turn, you get all of your income for skipped turns, but cannot spend it as efficiently!

Also expect demand to cap on certain industries once I feel they are tapped out.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:12:46 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03:08 pm »

@ Cript

"A good plan, but would not the Estrucan hordes fall upon us after we had expended our strength against them? Such is a barbarians tactic, after all. We would undoubtly prevail against any attack, but the victory would be very costly."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2011, 08:05:41 pm »

"Why, that is quite a legitimate concern. Mayhaps we should have a show of strength against them and force them to submit peacefully."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »

"Why, that is quite a legitimate concern. Mayhaps we should have a show of strength against them and force them to submit peacefully."

"It stands to reason that others will surrender after our show of force rather than face the might of our glorious Legions! That is to say if they are capable of reason..."

EDIT: Are you going to put in voting opportunities for our senators to debate on in the future?

ie: Should we attack a or b?
expand navy or feed the poor?
etc...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:12:04 pm by Knave »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

"It stands to reason that others will surrender after our show of force rather than face the might of our glorious Legions! That is to say if they are capable of reason..."

EDIT: Are you going to put in voting opportunities for our senators to debate on in the future?

ie: Should we attack a or b?
expand navy or feed the poor?
etc...

Actually I was thinking of selling a head senator position off.  Then they could hold votes and submit it to the emperor.  :)  Feel free to try and graft your way into that position.

Also the emperor may call votes himself sometimes, if he cares to.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »

"They surely must know to war with us would mean destruction by the Estrucans even if they managed to win. There is another way..."

OOC: I know, historically, Rome conquered Alba Longa politically-they showed up with an army, and had a 3 man on 3 man duel to avoid a war both sides would lose.

Do we want to try the same thing?  Knowing that dice could roll the other way this time :P

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:41 pm »

"They surely must know to war with us would mean destruction by the Estrucans even if they managed to win. There is another way..."

OOC: I know, historically, Rome conquered Alba Longa politically-they showed up with an army, and had a 3 man on 3 man duel to avoid a war both sides would lose.

Do we want to try the same thing?  Knowing that dice could roll the other way this time :P

Literally Dice.  I am using a d20 for some of this stuff.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »

Hum. The senate should be equals I think.

Who wants to pool our money together to buy the seat in a trust?

Yeah, that is sort of what I was talking about. And at any rate, even if we become a client state... Well we are still better off and we can work to merge the countries.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19