Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16361 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 06:33:59 pm »

Senator Nirur, not content with a single stage of production, starts a workshop for poleturning and crafting the new spear handles into spears.
Convinced that war is the best option, he then confers with some other senators to start a fund up, hires some men, loans them military outfits, shields, and spears, then leads them on a covert raid of an Etruscan village. They are to retreat if they make contact with enemy soldiers, possibly throwing a few rocks first to annoy them. If the raid is a success, they will leave evidence behind of their presence.

Invest 25T the smithy, upgrading it to produce spears.
15T - Hire decoy troops in soldier outfits to start an incident. Lead them.
(If others invest with me, shift money to the workshop.)

----------

Name: Torir Family
Resources:
  Tibers: (20 starting + 20 from income - 40 spent) = 0 Tibers
  Imperial Favor: 1
Businesses:
  Bronze Spear/Arrow Head Smithy: + 20T
Positions: None
Senators: 1
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:24:56 pm by Nirur Torir »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »

Name: Aequus
Resources: Spent!
Businesses: Logging Camp 15T (Roma, Latium)
Positions: Nada.
Senators: 1 (M. Aequus)

35T: Invest in a Bowyer, Fletcher, or anything similar, in conjunction with the logging camp. Even making shields out of wood will be great!
M. Aequus persuade Numitor that a combined arms approach of Light horsemen, foot archers, and Heavy infantry will work much better than the current makeup.
Supply Nirur with wood if needed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:35:03 pm by evilcherry »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 06:46:15 pm »

Name: Knavii Family
Resources: 25T (15T from business + 10T bonus from food)
Businesses: 
-Grain Field 10t
-Vineyard 5t
Imperial Favour: 0

--------------------------

Invest 25T in improving and expanding grain fields for the hungry Roman Army.

-------------------------

Our senator must try and persuade Numitor that striking the Etruscans will require more investments into food production. Imperial financing for extra farming tools and fertile land will prevent food shortages in the future!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 06:53:04 pm »

Ok so it seems like you guys want senatorial actions separate from investments.  Very well you may invest in one thing per turn now and use senators to suggest topics/lobby at a rate =to number of senators. (AKA what you all are doing already!)  Senators will also be used to take part in invasions and to build civic works.  Also all unmarked businesses are assumed to be in Roma.  When we get other areas declare where your stuff is.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »

Edit: Whoops I missed the first turn.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:01:16 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 06:59:29 pm »

Name: Aragii Family
Resources: 15T (15T From Business)
Businesses:
-Potters Guild (+15T)
Imperial Favour: 0

Actions:
Business: The Aragii expand their potters guild, with a further 15T Investment.

Senate: The Aragii Senator pleads with the Emperor to bring war against the Etruscans to bring great profit to the empire, as their knowledge would help already existing imperial businesses.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 07:09:12 pm »

"Good Emperor who wants a war with the Etruscans, you should go to war with the Etruscans ..." Not very effective.

I'd pay 5T to start an incident. Probably hire some men to dress in Roman attire, loan them spears, and have them wander around throwing insults in Etruscan territory, and get out of there after riling them up. Anyone else want to pool in?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 07:10:03 pm »

------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 20
Resources:  5 low quality horses
Businesses:   Horse Ranch 10T + 5 Poor quality horses
------------

Actions:
-Business
--20 Tibers are used to build a hippodrome. (I am not sure if you want to handle this as a real Business with income from ticket sales and concessions or just keep it as a non earning Business for now. Ether is fine with me.)

-Senators
--Quintus Decia Equus organizes the first race in the new hippodrome. Although it is little more then a dirt track with some prancing nags, we know someday it will be the greatest arena in the world. Numitor is invited to the race, and Quintus Decia Equus makes sure he knows our ambitions, as well as the fact this could be a great place to train the horse riders that are sure to be the greatest strength of the empire.

(A question, do resources have a 1:1 ratio to units? Like it takes five horses to make five horse men? And if so, where did the emperor get the 500 horses?)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:30:28 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:35 pm »

(Well see, I was waiting for something like that, Ssh. I only recently woke up.. Regretably I don't have the extra imperial funding you do. )
Also, shouldn't you dress them up like Etruscans and have them burn a Roman village? Slightly more effective.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 07:14:40 pm »

But that would be traitorous. If you want to burn a Roman village, you do it.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »

------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 20
Resources:  5 low quality horses
Businesses:   Horse Ranch 10T + 5 Poor quality horses
------------

Quintus Decia Equus takes the 20 Tibers and goes to wine and dine Numitor to convince him that horse legions are the way to success and try to sell him our horses.

(A question, do resources have a 1:1 ratio to units? Like it takes five horses to make five horse men? And if so, where did the emperor get the 500 horses?)

Ok about resources.  Everything is abstract.  You are the most important families in Rome but not the only ones.  There's a bunch of minor horse farms.  This is where the horses came from.  Otherwise we'd never get anywhere.  (however as a notable family your horse rank affects all those under you so our aux cav is freaking terrible)

Your horse income is essentially horses for you to do special stuff with.  Say create your own personal troops?  Or trade with other nations?  Or gift to the emperor? Or trade with other players?  Otherwise everything is assumed to be consumed domestically and thus you get monetary profits.

Think of it as extra special stuff.  And try to find uses for it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 07:19:01 pm »

"Good Emperor who wants a war with the Etruscans, you should go to war with the Etruscans ..." Not very effective.

I'd pay 5T to start an incident. Probably hire some men to dress in Roman attire, loan them spears, and have them wander around throwing insults in Etruscan territory, and get out of there after riling them up. Anyone else want to pool in?
I disagree. We should try to prevent war and build up our forces, before marching north. Using a all light cavalry force is equal to a military disaster, as Italia is a hilly place.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 07:21:09 pm »

Surely everyone knows the Etruscans are savages. If we do not strike then they will attack us. They covet our fertile lands and vast riches!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

Name: Augustine Family
Resources: 30T (base 20T+10T businesses)
Businesses: 
-Copper Mine +10T
Imperial Favour: 1

Actions: Business/Invest 30T in bronze smelting
Senator/Encite the population against the Etruscans with tales of their atrocities

House Augustine would quietly suggest not provoking an incident till the Roman army is stronger. Not within earshot of the emperor...

OOC: Do our businesses work with each other, Neotemplar? Does me having copper mines give every business that uses copper, such as a bronze smelter, bonus tiber income? since I would technically be mining my own instead of buying it from a 3rd party.

And, onwards from that, could I trade copper to Nirur for his weaponsmithies and give him the same bonus?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 07:27:49 pm »

Name: Augustine Family
Resources: 30T (base 20T+10T businesses)
Businesses: 
-Copper Mine +10T
Imperial Favour: 1

Actions: Business/Invest 30T in bronze smelting
Senator/Encite the population against the Etruscans with tales of their atrocities

House Augustine would quietly suggest not provoking an incident till the Roman army is stronger. Not within earshot of the emperor...

OOC: Do our businesses work with each other, Neotemplar? Does me having copper mines give every business that uses copper, such as a bronze smelter, bonus tiber income? since I would technically be mining my own instead of buying it from a 3rd party.

And, onwards from that, could I trade copper to Nirur for his weaponsmithies and give him the same bonus?

Indeed there will be industry synergy stuff going on mostly event based to keep me from having to track all interaction.  It'll be like you struck a mutual special deal in some cases.  Also I'll merge some industries owned by a single player.  Example we are likely to see a spear factory next turn with a bonus since it was a merged business rather than a single one. (So as to make this player beneficial.)  Also expect event disasters eventually.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19