Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16358 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »

I'll hop in.

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources: 100 Tibers
Businesses: N/A
Positions: N/A
Senators: 1

Action:  Invest 60 Tibers in a stone quarry, 30 Tibers in an olive plantation, and hold on to the last 10.

Question:  Do you want our every-turn status update to reflect the our status before or after our actions?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 04:03:00 pm »

It should be interesting to see if our 20/20 hindsight will actually be able to change history here.

For example, I don't see how we can avoid wars with Carthage. Though we can certainly LOSE one.

It seems the Estrucans traditionally had the greatest copper supplies in Rome, though. I'm changing my action...conquer, conquer!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 04:06:28 pm »

It should be interesting to see if our 20/20 hindsight will actually be able to change history here.

For example, I don't see how we can avoid wars with Carthage. Though we can certainly LOSE one.

It seems the Estrucans traditionally had the greatest copper supplies in Rome, though. I'm changing my action...conquer, conquer!

Lol Noo you need an income stream as a base.  Choose a business and conquer next turn.  Maybe lobby to be made general.  (Also about lobbying.  This is the Roman Empire, you gotta bribe and graft your way through all possible actions.  Otherwise nothing will happen unless the Emperor was gonna do it anyway.  So for later lobbies attach some cash, or slaves or what not to it!.)

If I count right we need one more.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

They'll be plenty of time for us to plot revolution over the next few centuries :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 04:08:10 pm »

Cathago delendum est.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 04:10:23 pm »

I'll hop in.

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources: 100 Tibers
Businesses: N/A
Positions: N/A
Senators: 1

Action:  Invest 60 Tibers in a stone quarry, 30 Tibers in an olive plantation, and hold on to the last 10.

Question:  Do you want our every-turn status update to reflect the our status before or after our actions?

Seems like everyone is going with before. So keep with that.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

All right, turn returned...

-Finalized Turn-

Name: Augustine Family
Resources:  100 Tibers
Businesses: 
Positions:
Senators: (1)

First round action: Invest 80 tibers in Copper Mines
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 04:19:54 pm »

Cathago delendum est.
Or get to Sicily, Malta, and Hispania before them. Learn from the Greeks and build a navy, while fending off the Etruscan threat.

The Punic wars will be at least a few centuries away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 04:23:47 pm »

Yup, yup.

Neotemplar, you should edit the post title to say we need one more player. I wanna get this started!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »

Yup, yup.

Neotemplar, you should edit the post title to say we need one more player. I wanna get this started!
Was just about to suggest something similar. I have a feeling like this will be fun to play.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 04:35:22 pm »

Yup, yup.

Good idea.  I was just preparing the results thus far :)

Also keep in mind that I'm pulling this out of nowhere so don't kill me for inaccuracies!

Edit 2 Someone is getting a special non Tiber Resource!  (Aka stuff that you can use for other things.  I expect such resources to be nigh infinite in options and this is why I need everyone to manage their own accounts!  Otherwise I'll not have fun because I have to tally like 200 resources that arn't mine.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:44:44 pm by neotemplar »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome need 1 more player!
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »

Managing your own resources tends to cut book keeping down significantly. And the players in the game will help each other out if they've added something together wrong generally.

Looking forward to turn 1!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »

All I need is the 7th player!  Everything is written up for the rest. 

Edit: I'll give it till after dinner (about an hour) will post regardless of 7th at that point!

Edit 2:  Note: once you guys manage to get some proper general assignments I'm gonna let you equip and create orders of battle for your legions.  IE the order of troops going into battle and usual strategy.  This will then be pitted against the expected might of certain foes!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:08:27 pm by neotemplar »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 05:38:28 pm »

Well sah, if ye need one more mighty faction, Then you shall have it!

Name: The Aragii
Resources:  100 Tibers
Businesses:  None
Positions: None

Senatorial Action: Acquire potters guild business (100 Tibers investment)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

Note you can ALSO invest in businesses you already have to improve them!  Once we get puppet states you can try to trade commodities!  Ships! Once you get some you can explore and start sea trade with anyone!  Or try to pirate our foes!  If you have the ambition to do so you can fund private armed forces to take things over, just keep in mind that these may freak out the emperor.

Turn 1 
(Make sure to subtract spent resources and add income each turn!)
Torir Family:  Bronze Spear/Arrow Head Smithy 20T (Tibers Income per turn) The smithy is an excellent early business given the need to arm an expanding early army.
Decia Equus: Horse Ranch 10T + 5 Poor quality horses per turn. High profits on this venture considering the lack of quality Roman horses due to the need for any horses that can be had.  Still as the first purveyor of horses you could try to form a chariot unit or entertain the Emperor with Chariot races so not bad at all!
Knavii Family:  Grain Farm 10T  Vineyard 5T.  A grain farm is an excellent investment right now when land is available.  The vineyard is gonna need continued investment to actually get rocking.
Aequus:  Logging Camp 15T .  Not bad but nothing special either, keep these in mind though if you get to certain areas they may get a lot better.
The Tullius Family:  Stone Quarry(limestone) 10T Olive Plantation 5T. 
Augustine Family: Copper Mine 10T.  Not great but excellent expansion potential if northern Roma is conquered.  IE. Later investments will improved this a solid amount.
The Aragii: Potters Guild 15T  Not bad at all.

Imperial Movements
Numitor Seems to want a war with the Etruscans to the north.  Any sort of “incident” might push him over the edge. Torir, Augustine, and Equus gain 1 imperial favor (IP) for starting industries that contribute to offensive warfare.
The Empire
The coffers remain high (Decided to abstract this for now)
Army is at 3 legions.  500 Auxiliary light horsemen (No stirrups yet boys!)  Event:  Due to some shortages +10T bonus to Knavii and Equus for food/horses.
Event:  Rumors have it that the Eturuscans hold the secret for excellent pottery.  Perhaps this knowledge could be captured and put to use improving a pottery industry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19