Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Monsters in the Fort AKA I don't drink... Ale.  (Read 1368 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters in the Fort AKA I don't drink... Ale.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:27 am »

The problem I have with this is that I never really take notice of the exact traits of my dorves beyond their skills and nobility. I would never pay attention enough to notice that some of them were 'feeling drained' every so often, and even if I did, I might not have the patience to look through all of them to find one that is acting weirdly.

But perhaps this might encourage you to do so?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters in the Fort AKA I don't drink... Ale.
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:04 am »

The interface would need to be improved enough to make searching for such signs less of a hassle before this sort of thing could really be implemented. 

Right now, there's no way that the average player is going to do some sort of annual checkup of the status of 100 different dwarves, manually going through the units list, with the position in the list being reset every single time.

Even for something like Dwarf Therapist, which is much better at giving the players information they are looking for quickly, that would be a task most players wouldn't want to do.

You'd need an interface similar to, but even better than, Dwarf Therapist in collating information that the player needs and offering it to the player on demand before that sort of mechanic would make sense.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]