Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The thing I love most about this game  (Read 1720 times)

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
The thing I love most about this game
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:13:09 am »

I've been playing DF since the 2D days. I play intensely for a good few months, then burnout and put it down for a little while, then pick it back up... and so on. Every time I do, its like picking up a new game, so much has changed. Just wanted to express my amazement at the pure awesome that are my little hairy bastards.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The thing I love most about this game
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

Aye, same here. Loving it to death in small quantities. If I had a time machine, I'd use it to travel to the future and bring Dwarf fortress of that time to the present. Though I can't help but wonder if our current machines would be able to handle it.  :-\

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:12 pm »

Aye, same here. Loving it to death in small quantities. If I had a time machine, I'd use it to travel to the future and bring Dwarf fortress of that time to the present. Though I can't help but wonder if our current machines would be able to handle it.  :-\

Bring a machine from the future. 8)

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:42:42 pm »

That's about how I am. I'm on the "burned out" stage now. I will certainly play some adventure mode once the new version comes out, depending on how burned out I am, I may play new forts before and/or after it comes out.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »

I think your PC would kick you in the nuts and scream "Fuck you! I ain't running that!" and explode.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:56:52 pm »

That's about how I am. I'm on the "burned out" stage now.

I just left it an hour or so ago.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:04 am »

I am burned out too. I keep genning worlds, and Alt+ctrl+delete-ing coz I'm not happy with my embark or the worlds too small or there's not enough elves to kill, etc etc etc.

;_; But I wanna play it so bad.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 03:45:10 pm »

Yeah, I'm really digging every update because they all pile on each other and result in exponentially more possibilities all over the place in-game. It's easy to get burned out at this point, but as we get more and more of a game I'm sure there'll be much more fun to be had.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »

It's easy to get burned out at this point, but as we get more and more of a game I'm sure there'll be much more fun to be had.

He's talking about !!FUN!!.
And no matter how many updates Toady piles on, there will always be much, much fun..... FUN.......
!!FUN!!
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 02:50:59 am »

In fact, the !!FUN!! is probably increasing with each update.