Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sometimes I think I'm the only one who...  (Read 3741 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes I think I'm the only one who...
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:17 pm »

I'm in a dark mood so I'll share this one.
Sometimes I think I'm the only one that has gory horror movie style dreams, and is usually completely unphased by them. You'd think being tortured in your dreams would bother you when you wake up, but 90% of the time I just think "huh, another one, that was interesting".

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 10:00:38 pm »

I have my bed set up so it's wedged between my computer desk and my wall and I sit on it while doing things on my computer. I actually havn't used a chair while on my computer for years, before the bed I used a couch. I like the extra room for movement, changing sitting positions, stretching out, and laying down.

When I'm engrossed in a story I'll sometimes stop and imagine what I'd do in that exact moment in the story. Normally as if I had the character's abilities, sometimes as if it was me in the story. I seem to enjoy the story more if the written character handles it better than I imagine I could or in a way I didn't think of.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:04:15 pm by Leonon »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

I have my bed set up so it's wedged between my computer desk and my wall and I sit on it while doing things on my computer. I actually havn't used a chair while on my computer for years, before the bed I used a couch. I like the extra room for movement, changing sitting positions, stretching out, and laying down.

When I'm engrossed in a story I'll sometimes stop and imagine what I'd do in that exact moment in the story. Normally as if I had the character's abilities, sometimes as if it was me in the story. I seem to enjoy the story more if the written character handles it better than I imagine I could or in a way I didn't think of.

Same.
On both accounts actually.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2011, 04:14:13 pm »

I'm under the impression that I'm the only one who prefers the winter over other seasons. No allergies, the cold is more manageable than stifling heat and nasty humidity, and dangit, I just like shoveling snow.
This.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2011, 04:15:29 pm »

I'm under the impression that I'm the only one who prefers the winter over other seasons. No allergies, the cold is more manageable than stifling heat and nasty humidity, and dangit, I just like shoveling snow.

Also, thinking back on it, I think I'm the only one who likes to yo-yo. Call it whimsical if you will, I call it a way to keep my hands busy, not to mention a way to impress strangers who don't know that sleeping a yo-yo is not impressive. At the very least, it's a fun hobby nobody else seems to consider.
GET OUT OF MY FUCKING MIND!!!!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »

No one I know in meatspace likes to debate with me, or research. Or figure out the olden ways of doing stuff, or try to take up trade skills, or read quietly. Or be a night owl or go for scenic walks. I honestly like to spend my days absorbed in something and rushing back and forth between a book and a model of the content, trying to make working replicas. And if I can't do that, I like to stroll through the park with a book, until I find a nice tree to sit in. Everyone I know does stuff. Like, they can't just meander through a day peaceably, and must compulsively attract obligations and activities and then cram TV into every gap.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2011, 04:50:49 pm »

This, You can add layers and get warmer but you can't get colder easily besides maybe spilling buckets of water over your head, which usually ends up making it worse in the end.

Plus the awesome feeling when you go from an area of "Bloody Cold" into even a slightly warmer area, it feels awesome.

Also, sometimes I think I'm the only one who after or while playing a game if I see something thing historical like a weapon or vehicle that I don't know much about I'll go and try and look it up and try and find out how it was really used and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:03:05 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:41 am »

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who self-injects an avatar of myself into a book/TV movie story while it's ongoing as some sort of spontaneous fan-fiction. It's pretty sad how often I want to interact with the characters instead of letting them do their thing.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 09:12:10 am »

Sometimes, I feel snow, and I imagine it as a blanket, covering the world with a silent graceful cold. I lie down on it, and just lie there, and if it snows, I let it cover me, the flakes melting on me. And I just sit there, and let my mind be driven white by the snow.

Oh, and I also listen to weird music, and in my head, colors play, and shapes move. Akin to dancing, but the pulse and the beat and the tune. Its actually quite amazing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:39 am »

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who self-injects an avatar of myself into a book/TV movie story while it's ongoing as some sort of spontaneous fan-fiction. It's pretty sad how often I want to interact with the characters instead of letting them do their thing.

Oh on, I do something quite similar.

Except with me, I often imagine that whatever I'm watching is thematically the opposite of what it actually is. This leads me into fantasies where horrifying movies are repainted where the villains are actually friendly and lovable, and cute shows are repainted into grimdark dystopias.

I cannot watch Dora the Explorer, as I continually imagine her traveling from place to place for the express purpose of subjugating and exploiting the natives.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]